What's new

Why is Bangladesh Defense Section being used for non-defence issues?

Point noted, I think it does not harm and Bengali members find it easier. Although it would be good to see them posting in the South Asian affairs section.

I think there was a proposal to create a child forum in the Central and South Asia section specifically for Bangladesh related non-defence topics. Is it possible to create one?

The concern expressed here is quite valid. This forum should only remain for defence, foreign relations or strategic issues related threads. Often, even the most insignificant threads gets 10s of pages of worthless discussion while the actual foreign relations/strategic issues related threads get buried under without much discussion.

The members here don't want to post those threads in the South Asia section because Bangladesh related threads there usually get overshadowed by the Indian threads. A separate child forum within the section may solve the issue.

I think i raised that topic to @Slav Defence in last annual meeting. I try to move some non-defense thread to other section sometimes but can't do anything about the rest as @Black_cats bhai mostly post non-defense thread here and made it kinda norm. But sometimes SOME threads seem absolutely IRRELEVANT and UNNECESSARY.

Ex- https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/endangered-fishing-cat-killed-in-chittagong.669784/
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/elep...oy-crops-homes-in-kurigram-bangladesh.669611/
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/to-m...ngladesh-man-walks-2-000-km-to-attari.669443/
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/viber-launches-group-video-call-feature-in-bd.669669/

The South Asian section is saturated with Indian thread.

I think we will need a separate forum rule for this sub-forum (or any other if mod/admin think necessary) to prevent creating unrelated thread.

@The Eagle @WebMaster @jaibi

Why don't you make a sub heading in bangladeshi section for economic/science/tech and social, domestic issues for bangladesh..

In a recent thread about procuring battle tanks the discussion turned into demolishing Indian strategic assets in West Bengal, NE..how quickly Andaman and Nicobor Island could be ravaged etc..I mean, bd members turned a defence discussion into stupid n funny discussion by themselves. What can rest of us do?:rofl:
Says the sanghi that will invade china:rofl::rofl: SUPA POWA 2020:guns::guns:

The issue has been discussed number of time and I do not see a reason for reposting again.

At the moment defense related news is very limited that is why you see less defense news and posting of non defense related news. However in near future it will change.

But this sub forum has become the center point for all news and updates related to Bangladesh. Special thanks to number if user’s hours of volunteer contribution to post the news.

This in turn has attracted hundreds and thousands of visitors to this Sub forum and now one of the busiest among all sub sections in this forum.

Most Bangladeshi members concentrate only in this subsection as they prefer discussing on Bangladesh.

This is basically a win win situation for the forum as they are getting more viewers and Bangladeshi members who are getting all up to date news on Bangladesh.

This has been explained number of time. As Bangladesh focused more on economy and usually does not have issues or tensions with neighbors so defense didn’t get priority. But after the Rohingya crisis things are changing fast.

So as said earlier you will see defense news more in near future. Till that time non defense news will get priority.

Admin has the option to close the subsection but this will be loose loose for them as they will loose viewer and Bangladeshi members as they will quit the forum.

@Slav Defence bro can you please close the thread as already the issue has been discussed.

if you go shout in an empty field about Hasina, they will be there as well.

Ofcourse if it is threatening and insulting for her.

A singer of Bangladesh posted some insulted remarks on Modi and police warrant has been released against him in India.

I do not thinks it’s different in Pakistan, Afghanistan, China, Myanmar or Sri Lanka as well.

Arrest warrant issued against singer Noble in India
Showtime Desk
  • Published at 08:44 pm May 28th, 2020
web-1553269949567-1590677128845.gif

https://www.dhakatribune.com/bangla...-warrant-issued-against-singer-noble-in-india

Why is Bangladesh Defense Section being used for non-defence issues?

There is a South Asian section where all other Bangladesh stuff should be posted.

The mods need to keep some sort of order here on PDF.
Because we want all Bangladesh related threads in one place. If we posts in South and Central Asia section, those threads will get buried in no times with hordes of India, Pakistan related threads and it will be very difficult to us to find those Bangladesh related threads to discuss in latter days. It is much easier for us to get all the Bangladeshi news in one place. This variety of news also make this Bangladesh sub section an interesting place which in turn attract a lot of visitors. Bangladesh defence section is now one of the busiest section in PDF forum. If we disperse non defence related news of Bangladesh to other sections then this section will become a small, uninteresting place and will be unable to attract enough Bangladeshi members to sustain. So it is better for all Bangladeshi news, defence and non defence to stick together.

Last edited:

A singer of Bangladesh posted some insulted remarks on Modi and police warrant has been released against him in India.

I do not thinks it’s different in Pakistan, Afghanistan, China, Myanmar or Sri Lanka as well.

Showtime Desk

https://www.dhakatribune.com/bangla...-warrant-issued-against-singer-noble-in-india

I don't think so that is the case in Lanka, Pakistan or Afghanistan and even Myanmar.

No one wants to insult the Granny but criticising her policies is not insult, blasphemy or sacrilege.

Point noted, I think it does not harm and Bengali members find it easier. Although it would be good to see them posting in the South Asian affairs section.

Simply, the subforum can be renamed to something more broad like "Bangladesh Forum"/"Bangladesh Affairs Forum" etc ... this can also be done (with consultation/majority approval of relevant posters) in cpl other subforums in this "country watch" section like Iran, Russia and even Turkey etc since I notice that there are non-defence threads popping up from time to time there too (I find only India def and China def subforums to more or less keep very close to 100% defence news). It would for example let the Turkish economy thread be pinned officially at the top (of course consult with notable Turk members if they approve the nomenclature change)...if the Turkish forum is just called that plainly.

I mean its just country watch section parent header (rather than country defense watch), thus child subforums dont have to be commited to defence 100%. Admins can give it some thought maybe.

Because we want all Bangladesh related threads in one place. If we posts in South and Central Asia section, those threads will get buried in no times with hordes of India, Pakistan related threads and it will be very difficult to us to find those Bangladesh related threads to discuss in latter days. It is much easier for us to get all the Bangladeshi news in one place. This variety of news also make this Bangladesh sub section an interesting place which in turn attract a lot of visitors. Bangladesh defence section is now one of the busiest section in PDF forum. If we disperse non defence related news of Bangladesh to other sections then this section will become a small, uninteresting place and will be unable to attract enough Bangladeshi members to sustain. So it is better for all Bangladeshi news, defence and non defence to stick together.

You should request a subsection in South Asia then. It doesn't excuse the rules that being violated. If that excuse is used for other sections, there is complete disorder. ..

Showtime Desk

Corrected - A singer of Bangladesh who was given some short of fame by India.

Why don't you make a sub heading in bangladeshi section for economic/science/tech and social, domestic issues for bangladesh..

That's the opposite of what i am saying.

The issue has been discussed number of time and I do not see a reason for reposting again.

At the moment defense related news is very limited that is why you see less defense news and posting of non defense related news. However in near future it will change.

But this sub forum has become the center point for all news and updates related to Bangladesh. Special thanks to number if user’s hours of volunteer contribution to post the news.

This in turn has attracted hundreds and thousands of visitors to this Sub forum and now one of the busiest among all sub sections in this forum.

Most Bangladeshi members concentrate only in this subsection as they prefer discussing on Bangladesh.

This is basically a win win situation for the forum as they are getting more viewers and Bangladeshi members who are getting all up to date news on Bangladesh.

This has been explained number of time. As Bangladesh focused more on economy and usually does not have issues or tensions with neighbors so defense didn’t get priority. But after the Rohingya crisis things are changing fast.

So as said earlier you will see defense news more in near future. Till that time non defense news will get priority.

Admin has the option to close the subsection but this will be loose loose for them as they will loose viewer and Bangladeshi members as they will quit the forum.

@Slav Defence bro can you please close the thread as already the issue has been discussed.

Ok, good point. But as i shared some link in previous thread or even this one below, what's the point of posting them here? They are not related to economic, foreign/strategic affair or defense anyway. Those threads don't have that kinda value.

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/arre...-for-defaming-indian-pm-narendra-modi.669874/

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom