Country
Bangladesh

Watch from 10:00

Do Bangladeshi people do that?

They probably cant afford massage.

Not sure b
Do Bangladeshi people do that?

They probably cant afford massage.
BD people are good tipper. Its not about affordability its about cheapness.

We don't really have a tipping culture in the UK either. We just expect our service provider to pay thier employees a wage they can live off. We call it the national minimum wage.

Well in Pakistan we also don't tip the people at McDonald. But we tip at restaurants, at parking, at Malls etc. But not the taxi drivers etc. I dunno how bad Indians are at tipping, but at the rate they charge you tips in restaurants and taxis in america is too high as compared to what we pay as tips. I normally tip Rs 100 in a restaurant no matter how high is the bill. Mine is not any % of the bill. I remember in US they charge u % and the lowest % was around 11% which is high.

We don't really have a tipping culture in the UK either. We just expect our service provider to pay thier employees a wage they can live off. We call it the national minimum wage.
Never been in UK... considering USA evolved from English heritage has a huge tipping culture. Its probably you dont tip.

Well in Pakistan we also don't tip the people at McDonald. But we tip at restaurants, at parking, at Malls etc. But not the taxi drivers etc. I dunno how bad Indians are at tipping, but at the rate they charge you tips in restaurants and taxis in america is too high as compared to what we pay as tips. I normally tip Rs 100 in a restaurant no matter how high is the bill. Mine is not any % of the bill. I remember in US they charge u % and the lowest % was around 11% which is high.

YOu not suppose to tip in a self serving restaurant. I think Mc Donald fall in that category.

Same in France. Service providers over here are paid a liveable wage and do not depend on tips to earn a decent wage,unlike in the US for exemple where the tip culture is omnipresent,over here it's nearly inexistant. I never give any tips myself.

Last edited:
Why should people even tip?

Why should people even tip?
Well its the appreciation for good work. I tipped my AC service guy for coming and cleaning my AC system even though I paid his company for the work.

Never been in UK... considering USA evolved from English heritage has a huge tipping culture. Its probably you dont tip.

YOu not suppose to tip in a self serving restaurant. I think Mc Donald fall in that category.
I mentioned it coz it was written in the article that Indian don't tip Micky D :-)

Well last time i was in a Pizza outlet with my Family, my mother insisted me to give a tip to the Waiter. When i reached home i realized after looking at the bill that the maggots charged me 3400 rupees instead of the actual 3200 bill. Guess I'll never tip again.

Well its the appreciation for good work. I tipped my AC service guy for coming and cleaning my AC system even though I paid his company for the work.

you are a person with big heart . that good habit .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom