What's new

Why Indian people never tip??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well its the appreciation for good work. I tipped my AC service guy for coming and cleaning my AC system even though I paid his company for the work.
If that's the case then what is bad in giving tip to a govt servant or even a politician for his good work ? Everything will be bad if he starts to expect tip to execute good work !!.. Unknowingly u are making him dependent on tips ...

Or may be, they think waiters make more money than them.. Just saying
naaaahhh......we think too high of ourselves to even consider the waiter's pay.
however, an indian tharki wud be more than interested to tip a dollar or two to a "pretty waitress" and expect heaven to follow up. i hope u see what i mean.

i didnt mean to insult any profession, just wanted to show u why some ppl are trying to target indians for this "piddi" pretext.

Pretty obvious he's targeting on purpose.

But he's somewhat right, several FOB people are like this, but it's not just Indians, it's East Asians, etc..... And even Bangalis. People who are raised here know better.

Recent migrants dont tip because they as you put it are cheap and accumulate their money. Any minor wastage they dont want to deal with. All they do is work and save. They work and save for their kids.

On the opposite side Ghetto people dont tip because they expect everything to be free.

It's a mentality, cultural, etc. My father, uncle, etc. know better however.

Pretty obvious he's targeting on purpose.

But he's somewhat right, several, FOB people are like this, but it's not just Indians, it's East Asians, etc. People who are raised here no better.

Recent migrants dont tip because they as you put it are cheap and accumulate their money. Any minor wastage they dont want to deal with. All they do is work and save.

On the opposite side Ghetto people dont tip because they expect everything to be free.

It's a mentality, cultural, etc. My father, uncle, etc. know better however.
i tip the odd electrician /plumber/service person etc etc...so that they do the work the next time. and this works here in india actually.
all we need is to show them some courtesy n appreciation for their work in form of a little tip. works wonders on the next work.

The way I see it, a tip is about appreciation and is a voluntary gesture of kindness and charity.

If it becomes institutionalized to the level that it is expected as a matter of right, then it would not sit well with any Indian.

If its not part of the price, and its up to me, then its up to me.

Cheers, Doc

i tip the odd electrician /plumber/service person etc etc...so that they do the work the next time. and this works here in india actually.
all we need is to show them some courtesy n appreciation for their work in form of a little tip. works wonders on the next work.

MSEB breakdown van wiremen. Like clockwork!

Cheers, Doc

We don't really have a tipping culture in the UK either. We just expect our service provider to pay thier employees a wage they can live off. We call it the national minimum wage.
same in Korea/japan , when i was giving tip ,they just look at my face, than some one explain me no tip culture in Korea

Anyway, it's mostly a US thing.

It's actually kind of funny growing up and comparing my upbring to my friends, who were diverse from Ghetto to well off. My father always did insane amounts of hours weekly and rarely spent anything, budgeted everything, paided everything on time, spent well below his means. Payed off his small house, car, no real debt.

Compared to friends in the ghetto who ordered out. Moved from apartment to apartment. Always a lot of junk food in house, etc.

I know this is a thread trying to kick dirt on Indians being cheap. But I am proud of my folks.:enjoy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom