What's new

Why Indian Army Tanks lack AC and Night capabilties?

Every one says that India has advanced tanks like T-90 and Arjun MBT but I have just came to know from MISSION ARMY NAT GEO that most of them lack AC to operate in scorching heats and freezing colds and Advanced Night operational Capability?

Why then we are using them?

Arjun has AC and new T-90M also getting ACs.

Look indian army is already operating 620 t90 and 1000 are on order.
t72 is undergoing upgradation...
http://www.defence.pk/forums/india-defence/67983-indian-army-t-72-tanks-now-have-night-vision.html
http://www.business-standard.com/india/news/army-to-spend-billionsoutdated-t-72-tanks/384449/

Arjun is also ready and 124+ are already in service. Arjun mk2 is coming in a couple of years and hopefully will receive more orders. These up-gradation will help India to continue one more decade until 2020 when our FMBT will come. Its true we are facing many shortages not only in mbt but also in artillery and helicopters and steps are being taken to solve them. This decade is crucial for India.

Also don't get fool by what our army once said about Arjun. These are huge beast which are too strong and ready to show its power.

MBT+ARJUN+FILE+PHOTOS+%281%29.jpg

89338308.jpg

93480969.jpg

It looks very sexy in the above video....

ACs and night vision can be added to our tanks, all we need is political willingness and pressure from army. Bdw T-90s and Arjun has night vision, while a tender has been floated recently to equip our existing T-72s with night vision.

Could you please explain why there is no political willingness and pressure from army presently to address these issues....It doesn't make sense? As for T-90's why did we even order these tanks when we all know how corrupt this bastard general kapok is? This guy was making money out of corruptions with the Russians...everything is being swept under the rug......whatever happened to the so called investigations....What happened? This is the BS in India that I don;t like......when are we going to change this type of practices?

Could you please explain why there is no political willingness and pressure from army presently to address these issues....It doesn't make sense?
Things in India and US are not the same. In US officials from the armed forces are in the government while in India armed forces stays way away from the government. Forces tests the equipments and put their recommendations on MOD table but then its the task of bureaucrats and politicians to select the weapon systems. Most of the time it got delayed because the officials sitting on the desk in MOD are not ware of any technical details. It will be much better if officials from armed forces also become part of MOD.

As for T-90's why did we even order these tanks when we all know how corrupt this bastard general kapok is?
Look man if it was a scandal then there is no way just that general was involved because nothing gets cleared before passing from MOD.

who said to you that T90 is not a good MBT ?? You haven't tested MBTs like Merkawa or Challenger or Abrams or leopard in Indian conditions, It might even be possible that those MBTs also face the similar problems.

India needed huge number of MBTs and t90 was one of the best and even cheaper as compared to others. Do you know T90 beat german leopard during simulated trials in Saudi Arabia and that too very badly.

It is said that t90 is not even visible in deserts if placed something around 3-4 km away and by the time enemy realize what is happening its too late for them.

T90 is a fabulous tank but i think according to specs Arjun beats even t90. Arjun MBT mk2 would even be better. With more powerful indigenous engine and other 90 changes made to mk1, i think IA should buy them in huge number. At-least IA's 550 t55 should be replaced by Arjun.

pleas some one explain where in the prgm was it told that indian tanks lack night vision?

the thread starter has the liability to state where in the program was it told so! Some one! Pleaaaaase!

everyone in the army knows how corrupt and worthless was general deepak kapoor. mark my words everyone from a recruit to a general. he has done everything possible to earn money and farm land. he ruined the image of our armed forces. once in a meeting the airforce chief nike just bashed him in front of mr. antony. our present army chief is very nice, capable and strong man. we need more people like him.

everyone in the army knows how corrupt and worthless was general deepak kapoor. mark my words everyone from a recruit to a general. he has done everything possible to earn money and farm land. he ruined the image of our armed forces. once in a meeting the airforce chief nike just bashed him in front of mr. antony. our present army chief is very nice, capable and strong man. we need more people like him.

When Deepak Kapoor became the general, I remember reading a huge editorial article about how he has multiple perspectives about a situation. And he reads 12 national dailies every morning. How he is so capable then earlier ones.... BS.
I never knew about all the revelations which u just made. Also the recent special task force probing Adarsh Housing scheme gave a damning report of his involvement.
Shame on 'em. :tdown:

Back
Top Bottom