What's new

Why Indian Army Tanks lack AC and Night capabilties?

indianpatriot

BANNED
Reaction score
Every one says that India has advanced tanks like T-90 and Arjun MBT but I have just came to know from MISSION ARMY NAT GEO that most of them lack AC to operate in scorching heats and freezing colds and Advanced Night operational Capability?

Why then we are using them?

Indian Army’s tanks have a night vision capability of 20 percent, Pakistan’s have 80 percent while China has 100 percent, General Deepak Kapoor admitted this outrageous military debacle by saying: ‘You are right.’

ACs and night vision can be added to our tanks, all we need is political willingness and pressure from army. Bdw T-90s and Arjun has night vision, while a tender has been floated recently to equip our existing T-72s with night vision.

Buddy, did you do some research before posting here. Just search why ARJUN is called DESERT FERRARI by Israelis. T90 had problems during early induction process, now all have been sorted out.

Buddy, did you do some research before posting here. Just search why ARJUN is called DESERT FERRARI by Israelis. T90 had problems during early induction process, now all have been sorted out.

What the thread starter is saying is absolutely right, our T-72s and T-55s don't have any night vision capability and they constitute more than 60% of our tank fleet.

Every one says that India has advanced tanks like T-90 and Arjun MBT but I have just came to know from MISSION ARMY NAT GEO that most of them lack AC to operate in scorching heats and freezing colds and Advanced Night operational Capability?

Currently we are operating 620 t90 and 124+ arjun out of total 5000 (according to wiki) which mainly comprises of t72 and t55 which don't have night vision and have even crossed there life cycle. There's a modernization plan for t72, lets see when it will start.

1. T-90 is a backward tank. Russia openly admitted that it is not on par with Chinese Type-99, not to mention the Type-99A2.

Russian Ground Troop Says Chinese Arms Better Than Russian Arms ~ ASIAN DEFENCE NEWS

2. Arjun is a joke. By Chinese standard, it will never enter active service.

1. T-90 is a backward tank. Russia openly admitted that it is not on par with Chinese Type-99, not to mention the Type-99A2.

Russian Ground Troop Says Chinese Arms Better Than Russian Arms ~ ASIAN DEFENCE NEWS

This topic has been discussed to death earlier, i guess you don't want to be bashed by us on the same.
If you can believe a russian commander, you should believe this too
‘Desert Ferrari' and more
See you around, troll

1. The 2006 national inequality study shows China has an average IQ of 105, compared with your fancy 82.

IQ and Global Inequality - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2. Arjun was admitted into active service because the singh regime needs something to fuel the nationalism.

Where in the prgm was it told
So?

Indian Army’s tanks have a night vision capability of 20 percent, Pakistan’s have 80 percent while China has 100 percent, General Deepak Kapoor admitted this outrageous military debacle by saying: ‘You are right.’

now we have about 85 to 90 % night vision capability of tanks ....

1. The 2006 national inequality study shows China has an average IQ of 105, compared with your fancy 82.

IQ and Global Inequality - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2. Arjun was admitted into active service because the singh regime needs something to fuel the nationalism.

Yeah I can see the glorious IQ (Imbecilic Quotient) on full flow in this forum. :lol:

again,where in the prgm was it told that indian tanks lack night vision?

Dude it just bugs me ...this has been a problem for yrs....our Army admits it but does nothing for yrs to correct the issue.....Then how do they expect to fight against potential adversaries.....Are the generals that dumb or they simply don;t care about the life of a jawan? What a bunch of morons running the military....I swear.....these problems are so evident but we keep patting them on the back and say good job.

Back
Top Bottom