What's new

Why India media also join the lying chorus on Tibet riots?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, so you are saying the all of the world's media playing a propaganda for tibet situtation. Come On, be sensible.:rolleyes:

Did I? :disagree:
Please, don't accuse me for what I have not said or perhaps my English made no sense to you.
Your post is a classic example of misuse of mass media.

I wonder where did you get this attitude!

Media lying, is not improbable. Your surprise is a surprise it self.
Their is no denial that by enlarge, today media is used as a propaganda tool.

Dear Batman

every thing in this world is misused from Human being to God.
it depends on our intellect to see , verify and then decide which one is correct .
there is good and bad people in media too .. as i Mentioned Rediff is wrong IF they have mistranslated this .. but at the same time we will be fools if we starts beliving Chinese propoganda .. this lady here may be a Dummy witness of Chinese State controlled .. who knows ..
and you shall question this blanket ban on Media going there .. ppl hide things only when they are wrong ..

Dear Batman

it depends on our intellect to see , verify and then decide which one is correct .
there is good and bad people in media too .. as i Mentioned Rediff is wrong IF they have mistranslated this .. but at the same time we will be fools if we starts beliving Chinese propoganda .. this lady here may be a Dummy witness of Chinese State controlled .. who knows ..
and you shall question this blanket ban on Media going there .. ppl hide things only when they are wrong ..

By enlarge, you talk sensibly but when it comes to Chinese media than out rightly you label it 'Propaganda'. Again, I’m not denying or supporting anything, here. I'm just indicating how we are brainwashed during upbringing and never feel it. It surface only when we talk to those who were brought up in foreign lands.
In my opinion issues should be evaluated open mindedly (no biased intimidation) and should not be sensationalized out of proportion.
If we look around scores of people are dying all around the globe and today world opinion stand divided on policies which lead to the murder of millions of humans in recent years.
In comparison to this a crack down of security on clearly violent mob represents a mole in front of mountain.

Did I? :disagree:
Please, don't accuse me for what I have not said or perhaps my English made no sense to you.
Your post is a classic example of misuse of mass media.

I wonder where did you get this attitude!

You said the India's media is lying, but what about other countries in the world. All of the world's media is saying Chine is supressing tibet people freedom? can you answer that question.

And your question about my attitude? I live in United States. Majority of T.V. media is biased for liberals, and Radio media is biased for conservatives. So, please don't preach me regarding media. All media is biased regarding certain way, but they have certain truth that you cannot deny. I will tell you this even if China is right, no-one in world will agree with them because China has always been secretive about everything. I can give numerouse examples of this, the lastest is that when tibet riots started to happen. What did China do they pushed all the other media and the tourist out. And the reason for this so nobody would know what's going on. And now we only have chines perspective. Question yourself who is being baised here india and the world or China.

The Indian and Pakistan media and the western media can criticise the govt policies and even the PM or President.

They may have biases and they do.

Yet, there is freedom of thought.

Can anyone, media or otherwise, criticise the Chinese bosses?

They will be hauled to the Re-education camps and taught a lesson of their lives.

This does not happen in democracies.

Therefore, though the media of democracies are full of faults, it is hardly fair for a State that does not permit free media and instead control the mind and action of their people to hector and claim that the media of democratic nations are liars.

It is such misplaced arrogance of men, who are not capable of understanding freedom of speech and thought, that rankles.

Every body is a lier in the world, besides pakistan and china. Because come to think about this i have saw in this forum lots of discussion about this tibet, and every countries media in the world has lied. Out of all these media not even one told the truth. Right. That must mean Pakistan and Chinese media is the right one given this situation.:crazy:

Where did you see the existence of Pakistani media on Tibet issue? Please do tell us what lies you have seen other than coming up with pissed off comments.

Where did you see the existence of Pakistani media on Tibet issue? Please do tell us what lies you have seen other than coming up with pissed off comments.

I think you misunderstood me, I said lots of people in this forum think that other medias are lying.

oh come on. were talking about world and India media lying about the tibet situation. we are talking about today's events not yesterday's.:hitwall:

I agree
well you might get the odd dig at india here or there but don't take them to seriously :cheers:

I wonder why Pakistani members who so angry about IAK human rights cannot for moment shed a genuine tear for the Tibetians. Guess they are not muslims so deserved to be killed.

Regards

Well I dont know chinese and hence I rely on your Translation . and if your are right then this is unethical from Rediff to do this .
However COurtesy CCTV on the top also signifies the frustration and inability of world media to go and find the truth ..
We dont know if this lady's comments are true or she is just a dummy witness presented by Chinese Media .
When you are right you dont have to fear anything . let the world media go and find the truth .

Dear Batman

rumours can go in same way: Singh is a pretty good PM but he might be a woman coz I never saw him with my own eyes. who knows, pics might be fake, and... live video? come on that's a woman in disguise.
funny uh?

by supposing above I dont uphold a principle that woman is inferior to man, nor in any debasement to my respect to the indian PM.

My problem is, does it hurt to accept a fact like a tibetan lady accusing tibetan mobs of their violence?
it only hurts when you're defending your media beyond facts.
or it also hurts when you have an inherent ill mindset against China.

I wont say Chinese media never lies ,but it is another title for you to start a new thread. herein we're discussing on Indian media cheating which you can hardly deny yet are still desalting it into worlds rifeness.

actually I dont give it a damn what a media like Rediff says, neither would I blame india for a ridiculous media fault.

btw, Chinese govt usually does media coverage when it thinks a report or certain segments of a video are "unsuitable" for people, which is, in my personal view, a paternalistic obstruction to civic right of inform as well as restrict on the freedom of press in whatever reasons.

nevertheless, cheating readers with spitefully cooked news like what Rediff did is apperantly closer to scandal, or just in there.

I watched the Olympic flame lighting ceremony, they cut off the segments in which protests were trying to cause trouble to LiuQi, the President of the Beijing Organizing Committee of Olympic Games.

but later on the cut off segments were broadcasted on CCTV last night, along with narrative report by Xinhua News.
Ensure security for Olympic torch

the riot at Olympic ceremony is an insult to sports.
the riot at LiuQi is an insult to Chinese people.
but a video record of this riot is just an evidence of the Free-Tibet outrage upon the Olympic spirit. the video itself is not of any insult to anyone,what cutting it for?

this is historically the first time Olympic coming to China, I guess they just wanna keep it holy as it should be, based on the worldwide consensus that politics should always keep away from sports!, although 24 out of all past 28 Olympic games had been politically interfered.

if anyone of you wanna boycott or even bring shame on Beijing Olympic games, go practise it, not just stay with bawls and squalls in vain.

I wonder why Pakistani members who so angry about IAK human rights cannot for moment shed a genuine tear for the Tibetians. Guess they are not muslims so deserved to be killed.

Regards

And Indians keep on killing minorities in India and bother about Tibetians. :cheesy:

I haven't seen any Indian friends giving answers to my questions: Why does Rediff lie to English-speaking public? Does that serve any purposes?

I would venture further to say that cover-up is mostly bad, but lie is even worse: cover-up only shows you white, not black, revealing partial truth; but a lie tells you that black is white, conveying a complete falseness.

Most commercial advertisements/propagandas tell you truth, but only a partial truth. And they shouldn't lie, which is unlawful in most societies.

I haven't seen any Indian friends giving answers to my questions: Why does Rediff lie to English-speaking public? Does that serve any purposes?

I would venture further to say that cover-up is mostly bad, but lie is even worse: cover-up only shows you white, not black, revealing partial truth; but a lie tells you that black is white, conveying a complete falseness.

Most commercial advertisements/propagandas tell you truth, but only a partial truth. And they shouldn't lie, which is unlawful in most societies.

Unfortunately, chum, Rediff is not the only newspaper or portal in India that it becomes the gospel truth like Chinese controlled media becomes the sole thought of China because that is what the Communists want to their people to believe.

There are so many newspapers and news channels to choose from and then form one's opinion.

In India we have Ganashakti, New Age etc which are Communist mouthpiece. Now, if they publish something, would that become the Gospel Truth?

It is for the reader to be spoilt for choice and then decide what he wants to believe.

But then you would not understand since you are from China or are you not?

As far as the translation is concerned, why should one believe you that you have translated it right? Just because you are a Chinese?

Now note this.

Choro, Mat Maro and Choro Mat Maro have the same words. Yet, the comma makes a world of a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom