What's new

Why India has not battle field safety unit like Block 1B Phlanx CIWS

ptltejas

Reaction score
Country
India
why we have not CIWS like phlan 1B Block CIWS which is known as Centurian CRAM too. this unit using CIWS on truck and successfully utilised at Iraq. It save soldiars from artilliary shells, rockets, mortars etc. India can use Kastan CIWS on truck and save lives of soldiars. India lost lots lives at Chamb in 1971 war as pak fired more than 90,000 artiliay shells within 3 days. Kastan may save in future from all missiles, rockets, mortars, artiliary shells and save weapons too. plz refer phlanx 1B block at wikipedia and you tube. also refer Kastan CIWS.

It is useful against all projectiles and save lives of soldiars and weapons. Its not only defensive also can be used as offensive against helicopter and aircrafts.

seems we have AK-630
but only on ships i guess

AK-630M-2 like new system can be mounted on track vehicle or back of the truck.

In this video from 3:35 to the end of the clip AK-630M-2 was tested on ground based platforms before ships.

Last edited by a moderator:
Centurion Counter-Rocket, Artillery, Mortar CRAM is name of that system. I got same on net in wikipedia and you tube. see it plz its fantastic!?

Compare CIWS
System - AK 630/Phlanx/Goal Keeper/Kastan
Weight - 9114kg/6200/9902/15,500
Arms - gatling gun 6 barrels - 30mm/20mm/30mm/30mm (and missiles)
Rate of Fire - rounds per minute - 5000/4500/4200/5,000-6,000

We have Tunguska-M1. It can save from low-flying aircraft, helicopters, and cruise missiles in all weather conditions but not sure about MLRS or bombs.

We have Tunguska-M1. It can save from low-flying aircraft, helicopters, and cruise missiles in all weather conditions but not sure about MLRS or bombs.

centurian CRAM is having capacity to distroy artiliary shells of tank, tops, howitzers. however nombs are not in my mind but it has capability by concept to distroy those all types guided or unguided bombs and anti raddar or all types missiles too. there is no syatem better and cheaper and active system. We need it immediately for safety of soldiars.

centurian CRAM is having capacity to distroy artiliary shells of tank, tops, howitzers. however nombs are not in my mind but it has capability by concept to distroy those all types guided or unguided bombs and anti raddar or all types missiles too. there is no syatem better and cheaper and active system. We need it immediately for safety of soldiars.

Its better if we go for Skyshield type systems. We need one definitely.

ORD_Skyshield_Radar_and_Guns_lg.jpg

why we have not CIWS like phlan 1B Block CIWS which is known as Centurian CRAM too. this unit using CIWS on truck and successfully utilised at Iraq. It save soldiars from artilliary shells, rockets, mortars etc. India can use Kastan CIWS on truck and save lives of soldiars.
India is in talks to buy Isreal's Iron Dome and David's Sling. They will give protection to our forces from all the above mentioned threats.

India is in talks to buy Isreal's Iron Dome and David's Sling. They will give protection to our forces from all the above mentioned threats.

Neah Israel have three systems One is Iron dome for intercept artiliary shells and rockets of range between 4 to 70km, Second is David's sling with ranges 71 to 250km, and third is Arrow Missile for intercept Ballistic missiles. However Israel seririously critisised for addopting the Iron dome as the rockets price is few hundred dollars where as the price of Tamir missile is up to 35,000$ to 50,000$. Its like The Bullet of Gun used to kill Mosqito. the system is not successful against small range rockets has attack time below 14 seconds and having small range and mortars. Its very costliar system in compare of CIWS on truck. Kastan has both 2 gattling gun plus missiles and cheaper too. Price is bigest issue. However Israeli system are better for destroy long range rockets.

Neah Israel have three systems One is Iron dome for intercept artiliary shells and rockets of range between 4 to 70km, Second is David's sling with ranges 71 to 250km, and third is Arrow Missile for intercept Ballistic missiles. However Israel seririously critisised for addopting the Iron dome as the rockets price is few hundred dollars where as the price of Tamir missile is up to 35,000$ to 50,000$. Its like The Bullet of Gun used to kill Mosqito. the system is not successful against small range rockets has attack time below 14 seconds and having small range and mortars. Its very costliar system in compare of CIWS on truck. Kastan has both 2 gattling gun plus missiles and cheaper too. Price is bigest issue. However Israeli system are better for destroy long range rockets.
Yeah i know this. But what is arrow doing in this list. Arrow comes under BMD. The threats discussed above can be solved by Iron Dome and David's sling which India requested and apparently Rafael offered us in November last year. As far as Arrow 3 is considered (which is what we need), US banned it for exporting it to India. So Arrow 3 is out of question.

Yeah i know this. But what is arrow doing in this list. Arrow comes under BMD. The threats discussed above can be solved by Iron Dome and David's sling which India requested and apparently Rafael offered us in November last year. As far as Arrow 3 is considered (which is what we need), US banned it for exporting it to India. So Arrow 3 is out of question.

yeah! I first time knew about the offer by rafale. The list was for showing three different systems of Israel only. The main endevour for showing need of cheper and extraordinary system of CIWS. Cost is most relevant thing in showing need of such system for battle field. someone kindly add photograph of Centurian CRAM and Kastan CIWS, I could not add such photographs. On wikipedia those were given, which are really nice defence machines!

guys we need them urgently and put them on border on china and pakistan

we are lacking agaisnt both of them

Back
Top Bottom