What's new

Why does Pakistan name its weapons after people who invaded Pakistan and after Indian kings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The following are some Pakistani weapons named after historical figures:
I am also curious about the case of Tipu Sultan, the famous tiger of Mysore and, in my opinion, one of the greatest kings in the history of India.

Tipu's case is interesting because his legacy is inexplicably claimed by both India and Pakistan despite of the fact that Tipu only ruled in south India. While Pakistan has named several warships in its navy after Tipu Sultan.
India also commemorates Tipu Sultan, as seen in this commemorative stamp:
stock-photo-india-circa-a-stamp-printed-in-india-shows-image-of-tipu-sultan-circa-78479938.jpg

What is the basis for Pakistan claim on Tipu Sultan?

Now, looking at the list of these weapons and the individuals after whom they were named, one notices several things:

1) Not a single one of these individuals was born within the territory of modern-day Pakistan.
2) None of them even spent most of their life within the territory of modern-day Pakistan.
3) None of them associated with the people or territory of modern-day Pakistan, except as a trophy of conquest.
4) All of them, with the exception of Khalid ibn al-Walid and Tipu Sultan, invaded the territory of modern-day Pakistan and defeated/killed/looted the ancestors of modern-day Pakistanis.

Can you imagine if Greece were to name a weapon after Mehmet the Conqueror, or if Russia named a nuke after Batu Khan? It would seem quite preposterous, to say the least. But in Pakistan no one seems to see the irony of naming the country's most valuable defence assets - which are supposed to protect the country in case of foreign aggression - after people who themselves invaded and conquered the ancestors of modern-day Pakistanis.

famous tiger of Mysore and, in my opinion, one of the greatest kings in the history of South Ind
One thing is for sure: Tipu himself would be befuddled by both claims. He associated himself with Mysore, and nee around in his lifetime.

You missed the Taimur missile, named after the 14th century Turkic invader. :P

Btw, Afghans hate it that Pakistanis name their missiles after their ancestors.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/4740570.stm

Last edited:
A misguided sense of pride, a desperation to cling to the dead horse of muslim ummah, or maybe an attempt ro get a satisfactory nod from the Arab world to put themselves as Defenders of Islam or the ultimate pathetic attempt on which that nation is based Islam > nation, symbolically at least..Can be anything with pakistani's,who knows

A misguided sense of pride, a desperation to cling to the dead horse of muslim ummah, or maybe an attempt ro get a satisfactory nod from the Arab world to put themselves as Defenders of Islam or the ultimate pathetic attempt on which that nation is based Islam > nation, symbolically at least..Can be anything with pakistani's,who knows
then how come you named your Prithvi missile after a looter and plunderer, who got the shit beaten out of him by an Afghan invader?

then how come you named your Prithvi missile after a looter and plunderer, who got the shit beaten out of him by an Afghan invader?

:no::no::no::no::no: Oh my my!

Inferiority complex of Pakistanis knows no bounds.We do not name our missiles after people. We name them after elements of nature. Prithivi means Earth in Sanskrit, as Agni means Fire.

BTW,

When had Prithviraj Chauhan ever looted any Pakistani city ?

Some Indian missiler and meanings:
Prithvi= Earth
Agni=Fire
Akash=Sky
Nag=Cobra
Nirbhay=Fearless
Astra=Arrow

You seem to be newly recruited keybord hindutva warrior, i hope your intention was not to troll.
On topic, the simple reason for naming our weapons after those people is: they are muslims, the majority of pakistanis don't give a damn sh!t to nationalism, unlike indians and others. The majority of pakistanis considers themself muslim first then anything else.

BTW why did you care about names of our weapons?

since when Ahmed shah Abdali,Shahabudeen Ghauri, Mehmud Ghaznavi, Tpu sultan...were arabs?
Thanks for that mate,clears a lot of doubts.

The following are some Pakistani weapons named after historical figures:
I am also curious about the case of Tipu Sultan, the famous tiger of Mysore and, in my opinion, one of the greatest kings in the history of India.

Tipu's case is interesting because his legacy is inexplicably claimed by both India and Pakistan despite of the fact that Tipu only ruled in south India. While Pakistan has named several warships in its navy after Tipu Sultan.
India also commemorates Tipu Sultan, as seen in this commemorative stamp:
stock-photo-india-circa-a-stamp-printed-in-india-shows-image-of-tipu-sultan-circa-78479938.jpg

What is the basis for Pakistan claim on Tipu Sultan?

Now, looking at the list of these weapons and the individuals after whom they were named, one notices several things:

1) Not a single one of these individuals was born within the territory of modern-day Pakistan.
2) None of them even spent most of their life within the territory of modern-day Pakistan.
3) None of them associated with the people or territory of modern-day Pakistan, except as a trophy of conquest.
4) All of them, with the exception of Khalid ibn al-Walid and Tipu Sultan, invaded the territory of modern-day Pakistan and defeated/killed/looted the ancestors of modern-day Pakistanis.

Can you imagine if Greece were to name a weapon after Mehmet the Conqueror, or if Russia named a nuke after Batu Khan? It would seem quite preposterous, to say the least. But in Pakistan no one seems to see the irony of naming the country's most valuable defence assets - which are supposed to protect the country in case of foreign aggression - after people who themselves invaded and conquered the ancestors of modern-day Pakistanis.

famous tiger of Mysore and, in my opinion, one of the greatest kings in the history of South Ind
One thing is for sure: Tipu himself would be befuddled by both claims. He associated himself with Mysore, and nee around in his lifetime.
In most cases ...Wannabe Arabs !! thats why....
also these guys invaded India and plundered her ...hence ......

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet."

What's in a name? That which we call a weapon.
A weapon in any other name would still threaten India :agree:

BTW, all are Muslim names! Not sure why is Islam/ Arab phobia going even on naming weapons

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet."

What's in a name? That which we call a weapon.
A weapon in any other name would still threaten India :agree:

BTW, all are Muslim names! Not sure why is Islam/ Arab phobia going even on naming weapons
Thats a difference in the view points mate,Pakistanis put their religion in front of their nation,while for Indians its the other way around. Hence genuinely surprised.

Prithivi MEANS earth in sanskrit, the man you mention is prithiviraj chahuan.

Prithivi MEANS earth in sanskrit, the man you mention is prithiviraj chahuan.
you dunt say, so just like that each of the names of our Missiles, name also means something like Khalid means immortal so Al Khalid tank will mean "tank of the immortal one"

This should have been a failed thread, pakistan does not need to give any explanation to anyone about the names of its missiles , tanks etc. We will name whatever we want, we also dont care how other countries name their missiles , tanks etc. It is none of our business.

:no::no::no::no::no: Oh my my!

Inferiority complex of Pakistanis knows no bounds.We do not name our missiles after people. We name them after elements of nature. Prithivi means Earth in Sanskrit, as Agni means Fire.

BTW,

When had Prithviraj Chauhan ever looted any Pakistani city ?
and the point of this was?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom