What's new

Why does India keep renaming their cities?

Now, you are a Pakistani and that is what matters to me. You have shown your little knowledge of Indian affairs (and even many Pakistani affairs) many times.

For example, when you talked about Hindi not having the "sh" sound without knowing the basics.

I don't think it is an anti Indian thread but still when too many Pakistanis claim that we never shared anything, it is strange to see interest in a topic that doesn't effect you in the least bit.

I can understand their interest in Indian military affairs, economy etc. Not in our social affairs.

And you need to understand that something not sounding cool to you would be the least of our concerns if the cities or places are renamed. You are not an interested party in it and your personal preferences don't count.

This is not about you as an individual. It is just that Pakistanis have no say in Indians making such decisions. Same as we don't have a say in you naming your stuff after your own invaders.

Along the same lines, you don't have any right posting on or commenting on affairs that are the internal matters of Pakistan. But you do anyways. Can you get past these childish rants & get on with this innocuous thread, if you have anything worthwhile or informative to say?

Most of the city name changes are not pulled-out of some ones $$$, but rather the local linguistic name replacing an anglican name. It is a fake form patriotic or cultural re-vitalization, a futile exercise in many regards but popular with political parties because they are easier fixes than the real problems.

Ditto! I've been trying since the last several years!! :hitwall:

How about trying to pronounce Venkatanarasimharajuvaripeta?? :cheesy: By the way, this one's in Andhra Pradesh!

Cheers!

Are you imported? What's so hard to pronounce in these.. If you have read hindi in schools, there is nothing to be afraid of.

Along the same lines, you don't have any right posting on or commenting on affairs that are the internal matters of Pakistan. But you do anyways. Can you get past these childish rants & get on with this innocuous thread, if you have anything worthwhile or informative to say?

:lol:

I have seen you do the same many times. Just gave you a taste of your own medicine.

Anyway, I understand that these names will be difficult for you to pronounce. Many names will be difficult for even Indians from other parts to pronounce. But if the local people want it, I am all for it.

The colonial period is in the past. Now people are free to chose in a democracy. If they want a change of name, that is a minor issue. In fact I like many of the new names, they are much more authentic and represent the local ethos and culture better than Anglicized or other names that were always an imposition.

Now, you are a Pakistani and that is what matters to me. You have shown your little knowledge of Indian affairs (and even many Pakistani affairs) many times.

For example, when you talked about Hindi not having the "sh" sound without knowing the basics.

I don't think it is an anti Indian thread but still when too many Pakistanis claim that we never shared anything, it is strange to see interest in a topic that doesn't effect you in the least bit.

I can understand their interest in Indian military affairs, economy etc. Not in our social affairs.

And you need to understand that something not sounding cool to you would be the least of our concerns if the cities or places are renamed. You are not an interested party in it and your personal preferences don't count.

This is not about you as an individual. It is just that Pakistanis have no say in Indians making such decisions. Same as we don't have a say in you naming your stuff after your own invaders.

Why are you so hard on him Vinodh? He has interest in India and the going ons here . I don't find anything hostile here.

Pakistan has missiles with names of indian cities written over them as destination in an event of war..so we have to update the paintjob:agree:
kindly co-operate and if there are more cities with changed names,mention them here:agree:

LOL.. I liked the humor! :lol:

Why are you so hard on him Vinodh? He has interest in India and the going ons here . I don't find anything hostile here.

It was a bit of leg pulling, not really serious.

I see he has a genuine interest. I welcome it in fact. And you are right, I don't think there is any hostile intent.

BTW, mt nick is Vinod without the "h". ;)

Back
Top Bottom