What's new

Why do Pakistanis love Kashmir?

Some guys in India and Sikhs (they have their own justifiable reason for that ) will always criticise Indira Gandhi.
But I would like to say she was a visionary and a perfect administrator.She always had suspicion of weird possibilities
of dangers against us due to East Pakistan and West Pakistan set up .She did a great thing.Our head ache is in eastern flank ended.
That is where your opinionis relevant.They will keep asking more and more .In the name of Mughal they will look to Deccan and in name of Tipu .They will claim for Mysore and Malabar.

We should keep the Kashmir situation like this until we get a poweful status like that of US .
Strange logic of yours.Why the hell would we want delhi or mysore??????

I realize this article is supposed to be more on the comedy side of things - because if it's not, I'm seriously disturbed by the level of irresponsibility and misinformation in our newspapers. First of all,
(ISI seems to have already granted them honorary citizenship) so thatJihad Fi Sabilillah
This pseudo-liberal (the author) has no idea what she's talking about. Parroting the Western and Indian narrative while completely disregarding the reality of what 'Jihad fi sabillillah' means and what it signifies in this political conflict is a really irresponsible thing to do. All it does is reinforce the misunderstandings that make the 'Islamic' terrorist narrative so powerful, and that is not something anyone should do nowadays.
Westernised school in Pakistan (speaking Urdu even during breaks is punishable by a detention at such schools)
No such school exists in Pakistan. I have been to the top-level 'Elite' 'Westernized' schools in Pakistan and none of them prohibit Urdu. That is an exaggeration to say the least. Some prohibit provincial language (i.e Punjabi, Saraiki etc) slang and what they consider to be bad language but absolutely none prohibit speaking normal, decent Urdu. They even have Urdu lessons. A lot of Urdu lessons, actually.
“Precisely. Kashmir is a natural part of Pakistan and Kashmiri Pandits must pay jizya.
Even more irresponsible idiocy. Instead of clarifying the reality about Islamic concepts like Jizya, she is spreading more of the same narrative that lets terrorists turn their politics into an ''Islam vs Everyone else'' scenario. And she's talking to a kid when she does this.
Refuting lies about Islam: Allegation that Islam expanded by forcing people to pay Jizyah
It's even worse because no one in Pakistan is legally required to pay any Jizya.

the sheer stupidity of PTI Youthism then Musharraf soundbytes (‘Musharraf Saved the Economy!'; ‘Musharraf is a Hero!'; ‘Musharraf was a Liberal!’) seem to work fine.
She is also apparently a PPP supporter - not surprising at all.

Hilariously referencing Christine Fair's book in her facile defamation of the PA.
‘Pretty fair-skinned barbarians’ hypothesis:ACCEPTED
What a laughable conclusion.
Lollywood as it hires the fairest skins from Heera Mandi.
And now the mandatory reference to the inappropriate activities of some people (in that specific place) to add more to the insult of Pakistanis.

Pseudo Liberal checklist
-No Idea about Islam, would rather destroy it if given the chance - CHECK
-'Secularism' rhetoric - CHECK
-'Pakistanis must admit inferiority' rhetoric - CHECK
-Hatred of Musharraf without understanding the circumstances of his actions- CHECK
-Hatred and defamation of PTI- CHECK
-Hatred and defamation of PA and ISI without having any idea about them - CHECK
-Ultimately no idea about the topic at hand - CHECK
Verdict : 100% pseudo-liberal of the Westernized-Pakistani genus!

The reality is very different. This article ignores so many viewpoints, so many social and political realities, along with making so many factual errors that it is, laughable, as I believe and hope it was intended to be.

I'll just quote a comment from the original article (long but worth a read):
Hello Mahin,

I’m happy (to read) and may be ‘astonished’ (as well) to see this ‘unexpected’ piece in the blog section of The Nation newspaper. Being a Kashmiri from ‘Azad’ Jammu Kashmir, I just want to clear some points here with the hope that my point of view will also get some space.

As you mentioned that “even inhabitants of Pakistani-administered Kashmir (Azad Kashmir) do
not speak the same language as Kashmiris. The former are generally Potoharis – they are linguistically, culturally and ethnically closer to [Northern] Punjabis. On top of this, ethnic Kashmiris had nothing to do with the Pakistan Movement.”

Jammu Kashmir is multi-religion and multi-cultural state with different ethnic tribes divided in all parts including Indian-administered Jammu Kashmir, ‘Azad’ Jammu Kashmir, Gilgit Baltistan and Aksai Chen. Here my point is this that the majority in ‘Azad’ Jammu Kashmir speaks Paharri (hilly language), including Poonchi or Rawlakoti or Baghi. For general information, Paharri language or dialect has nothing to do with any language speaking in Pakistani territory including Pothohari or Hindko of Hazara or Hindko of other parts of Pakhtunkhwa.

So, don’t try to mix our language or our cultural values with any border areas alongside the state. Also the Kashmiri people in every part of the divided state are much closer to their cultural and
linguistic circles besides the mainstream linguistic group – Kausher or what you wrote Kashmiri. You must know that all languages – speaking in the state – are Kashmiris either its mainstream Kausher or Paharri or Gojri or Dogri or Shina or Baltistani or any other. Even Punjabi in some parts of the state is different from that Punjabi of Pakistani or Indian Punja
b.

Also, the people are much closer to each other in the state despite the fact that they are not in contact with each other for the last more than 60 years due to unwanted and forced division. So please do not try to disturb our history as some people or groups in Pakistan and Hindustan are already working ‘day and night’ to ‘create’ a ‘new history’ of their own choice. These people or groups had already distorted the true history and historical facts and they are still trying to paint a religious colour on the state and on its people.

Apart from a small group of some Muslims in Indian side of the state, majority of the Kashmiri people don’t want to become a part of any ‘direct’ or ‘indirect’ religious state. We want a secular and an
independent state for us in which Muslims, Hindus (Pandits), Buddhists and other religious and no-religious people (atheists) live in peace and share the governance on equality.

Despite the fact that Muslims are in majority in Jammu Kashmir but we don’t want to ignore other religious groups including a large section of those people who are practically not following any religion but cannot show their identity as atheists due to influence of the non-state actors. So, you must visit and meet with Kashmiri people in ‘Azad’ Jammu Kashmir and Gilgit Baltistan and then write again what you think is right. Please remember that you will meet original Kashmiri people and not settlers who are living in these parts of the state just for business and they have no affiliation with the state or its history. -Muhsen Ali

WTF.Give any source for ur shi*ty claim or else Fu*k off
First of all kindly behave. Even if you don't like my claim, you should still behave.

Have you ever been to cantt area and a normal area of my beloved country. Do you have any idea about the perks and benefits uniformed govt "servants" get as compared to equivalent scale govt "teachers"? Do you have any idea about the number of plots and houses given rather bestowed cheaply to our staff car walay officers? do you remember the nlc(or perhaps maybe nha) scandal of generals involved in billions of loot and how they were saved by army chief? what is a bachelor pass non master non phd army general doing as rector nust? i can go on and on and cite you the corruption examples from martial law eras... but before that i hope you may learn your manners... and discuss these things in a civilized manner.

Some guys in India and Sikhs (they have their own justifiable reason for that ) will always criticise Indira Gandhi.
But I would like to say she was a visionary and a perfect administrator.She always had suspicion of weird possibilities
of dangers against us due to East Pakistan and West Pakistan set up .She did a great thing.Our head ache is in eastern flank ended.
That is where your opinionis relevant.They will keep asking more and more .In the name of Mughal they will look to Deccan and in name of Tipu .They will claim for Mysore and Malabar.

We should keep the Kashmir situation like this until we get a poweful status like that of US .

100% correct , a burning kashmir or statuesque helps us

we should keep the issue burning and keep buiding our self's internally , one day time will come when our defence budgets and economy will be so high that pakistan would no longer be in a position to prolong any fight with us and they will give up . Resolving kashmir would mean opening a pandora box . And i agree indira gandhi was one of those few leaders in india who had guts , i respect her but not her party .

Gives us the Himalayas and Karakorams. Gives us a permanent border with our ally China. Allows the Kashmiris to be guarded against the rape, loot and plunder by the Indian Army. These three reasons are more than enough. Rest is all Bullshyt for scoring brownie points.
Sir,
Kuccccccchhhhhh namkeen, biscuit bhi lenge saath me?:rofl:

Pakistanis love Kashmir not because only of Islam but mainly:

1. Race (Kashmiris being Indo-Iranians and not Dravidian/Indians)
2. History (Indus Valley civilisation, Durrani Empire etc.)
3. Culture (simililarities with pakistani cultures)
4. Freedom fight

Exactly .Now look at the last point she mentioned in that article.
You just proved mentality of your own people.

When you let a bully have his way, then the bully turns more raucous. That was the logic I guess.
And human beings by nature 're greedy.
The same logic can be applied to india too considering ur current govt.But still this is a strange logic......:o:

Should I assume that means you want your government to focus more on the economic progress of the country instead of making Kashmir an issue in UN?

Frankly the majority of the masses dont even remember kashmir because of economic conditions. In 90's yes kashmir was a prominent part of our lives .. thanks largely to PTV... but now we are so much stuck with TTP, sectarianism, inflation, joblessness... that kashmir is seldom a topic except for the annual 5th Feb, Holiday :D

I realize this article is supposed to be more on the comedy side of things - because if it's not, I'm seriously disturbed by the level of irresponsibility and misinformation in our newspapers. First of all,

This pseudo-liberal (the author) has no idea what she's talking about. Parroting the Western and Indian narrative while completely disregarding the reality of what 'Jihad fi sabillillah' means and what it signifies in this political conflict is a really irresponsible thing to do. All it does is reinforce the misunderstandings that make the 'Islamic' terrorist narrative so powerful, and that is not something anyone should do nowadays.

No such school exists in Pakistan. I have been to the top-level 'Elite' 'Westernized' schools in Pakistan and none of them prohibit Urdu. That is an exaggeration to say the least. Some prohibit provincial language (i.e Punjabi, Saraiki etc) slang and what they consider to be bad language but absolutely none prohibit speaking normal, decent Urdu. They even have Urdu lessons. A lot of Urdu lessons, actually.

Even more irresponsible idiocy. Instead of clarifying the reality about Islamic concepts like Jizya, she is spreading more of the same narrative that lets terrorists turn their politics into an ''Islam vs Everyone else'' scenario. And she's talking to a kid when she does this.
Refuting lies about Islam: Allegation that Islam expanded by forcing people to pay Jizyah
It's even worse because no one in Pakistan is legally required to pay any Jizya.

She is also apparently a PPP supporter - not surprising at all.

Hilariously referencing Christine Fair's book in her facile defamation of the PA.

What a laughable conclusion.

And now the mandatory reference to the inappropriate activities of some people (in that specific place) to add more to the insult of Pakistanis.

The reality is very different. This article ignores so many viewpoints, so many social and political realities, along with making so many factual errors that it is, laughable, as I believe and hope it was intended to be.

I'll just quote a comment from the original article (long but worth a read):
Other than the facts that you've corrected, you did not say anything about the main topic, which is why do Pakistanis love kashmir?

Frankly the majority of the masses dont even remember kashmir because of economic conditions. In 90's yes kashmir was a prominent part of our lives .. thanks largely to PTV... but now we are so much stuck with TTP, sectarianism, inflation, joblessness... that kashmir is seldom a topic except for the annual 5th Feb, Holiday :D
That was intense government propaganda.

Back
Top Bottom