What's new

Why did France allow the tabloid to provoke Muslims?

After 9/11 two countries were invaded. One is just about getting back on it feet today. The other will never be the same country again.

This was after a soft-pedal foot invasion and occupation over 10 years.

Now think aerial bombardment. From sea. From air. Out of range of anything the muslim world has in its armory to throw back at them.

As I said, ineffectual.
Ok so in your fantasy world France has attacked the Muslim world and wiped them all off. Good luck with that.

If nuclear weapons are going to be used anywhere, it will be against an Islamic state or area. There were advocates after the 9/11 that the U.S. use tactical thermonuclear weapons to destroy Al-Kaida and the Taliban in their mountain caves and hiding places. It was dismissed, obviously, but it was considered. Tactical nuclear weapons would have annihilated the Taliban and Al-Kaida in a matter of days and being "clean" nuclear weapons the radio-active fall-out would have been minimal. The U.S. is gun-shy at present about using such weapons, but push her hard enough and give her reason to fight, as the Japanese did on 7 Dec. 1941, and she will and fight hard with every means at her disposal.

I agree with you on the US. But the US is the New World.

Its Europe I am worried about. For them industrial scale annihilation is been there done that many times over in their blood soaked history. The fault lines are clear, as Bosnia demonstrated. And these nut jobs are just widening them more and more.

I never said that we will conquer the whole world. I just replied to doppelganger who said that the west will declare a war on us in the the future.

3 men with ak-47s killed 12 people in broad daylight in your capital. Thousands of elite french armed forces are searching for them since 48 hours but are yet to find any success. Here goes your superior forces theory down the drain.

You have many millions of Muslims in your countries. If you declare a war on Muslims what will these people do? If they are provided some assault rifles, even your police and army wouldn't be able to take them down. Can you afford both external and internal war? That's the real question.

You were the one advocating a Moslem war with the West. It will be you that declares war, not us. You are the aggressors, not us. And Europe is the place that has the problem with too many Moslems, not us. We have half a million, and we can handle them. Yes, if it comes to all-out war we can fight a civil war while fighting an external war. The West has the means to destroy entire Moslem countries and to shorten and win a war the U.S. can and will use nuclear weapons. The French will find the terrorists and kill them, hopefully, rather than apprehend them. I noticed the terrorists have avoided contact with the French police, too. They haven't fought to the death. Even if they surrender, which they probably will, the French cops will shoot them out of hand, if they have any sense. Better a dead terrorist than one that is alive and supported by the French state for the rest of his worthless life.

Some seriously pathetic comments here.... Dont put your religious beliefs above the law and the fundamental rights of modern secular democracy!

IF you dont like that, get out of that nation. Period.

A citizen of such a nation has EVERY right to criticize ANYONE/ANYTHING and has the right to draw a picture of ANYONE he/she wants, whether your religious beliefs allow it or not. But forcing your beliefs into the throat of others just because Islam prohibits it is ridiculous to say at least...

He has the right to propagate his atheism as much as you propogate your relegion. Therefore if you peacefully petition/ try to win him over and it doesn't work, then just shut it and put up with it. If you don't and the world reacts to your violence then don't go complaining that the world is filled with islamophobists and xenophobists.
Yea the world stays quiet when Muslims go protesting about it the peaceful way. No condemnation of the act. Only reacts when something bad happens after continuous poking. The hypocritical world can shut it and put up with it.

If its a law then it doesnt make it right ..Silencing some one through force is easy and even a small gangster can do that but you have to struggle hard to get respect through your good deeds ..
hmmm

Why should Muslims accept disrespect in the name of freedom of expression? That too a hypocritical freedom of expression. They did ban some cartoonist over another controversial thing but when it comes to Islam there's no limit to freedom of expression.

If u can't accept it,leave those countries..they will live in their country by their rules,not yours.And its not islam the cartoons mock,only muslim fundos lose it for some reason..repeatedly.Every action has a reaction.THe world is getting sick and tired of this terrorism shit i can tell you.

@Redhawk
The west has invaded the Muslim lands. The west bombed,raped and killed millions of innocent Muslims. The west is the one who is interfering in matters of Muslims. Who is declaring war on whom? Be honest.

You still don't get it, do you? You cannot nuke the entire middle-east because of ecological issues. Your superior forces and arms won't matter much. Every Muslim irrespective of age,gender,race and ethncity will be ready to fight. Can the same said for your people?

Muslims only fear Allah(swt). So you can only dream about exterminating Muslims.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

I agree with you on the US. But the US is the New World.

Its Europe I am worried about. For them industrial scale annihilation is been there done that many times over in their blood soaked history. The fault lines are clear, as Bosnia demonstrated. And these nut jobs are just widening them more and more.

Yes, Europe is the weak link. As Margaret Thatcher described the European governments and their leaders, "they're a feeble lot." And they are a feeble lot. They have no will to resist, to fight. They are letting the Moslems walk all over them.

The law is very clear about it :

" Your freedom of expressions ends where my nose starts "

Yea the world stays quiet when Muslims go protesting about it the peaceful way. No condemnation of the act. Only reacts when something bad happens after continuous poking. The hypocritical world can shut it and put up with it.

BIIG DEAL. The world stays quiet when Christians go about 'protesting the peaceful way too'. So what's so special about you that your hurt means you should pick up an AK 47 and shoot down people?

It was an example I gave yesterday. Jose Saramago wrote one of the most exceptionally heretic books- 'Gospel According to Jesus Christ'. He starts by saying Jesus is actually Joseph's son, goes to say that Angels probably fondled his sister, and eventually tries to prove that if you scratch God you'll find the Devil and Vice Verca (Jesus actually spends four years under the training of the Devil before he meets god.

Obviously above book rankled the Vatican no end and they had all kinds of protests to which Saramago and his publisher replied by asking them to screw themselves. Worse he ended up winning the nobel prize with this book being considered his greatest work. Did catholics storm the nobel committee to slay them? No. They tried to oppose, they protested, they failed. So in the end they just had to put up with it. This is the case with all other relegions and contrast with your reaction to Satanic Verses. Any offensive empowers you to protest, nothing more.

If u can't accept it,leave those countries..they will live in their country by their rules,not yours.And its not islam the cartoons mock,only muslim fundos lose it for some reason..repeatedly.Every action has a reaction.THe world is getting sick and tired of this terrorism shit i can tell you.
What is the world getting sick and tired of? One terrorism incident in a year in those western and european countries? The worst hit are the Muslim countries themselves. Hundreds being killed everyday. So don't tell us about what being hit by terrorism feels like. No sane person endorses terrorism, similarly, no sane person should endorse a human's religious sentiments getting hurt no matter what the excuse be.

Every Muslim irrespective of age,gender,race and ethncity will be ready to fight. Can the same said for your people?

You will be surprised when the time comes. Apostasy will be the order of the day when the lynch mobs come.

Contrary to your Jihadist fantasies what will actually happen is the muslims living in non muslim lands will be running scared for their lives. Of public lynchings if not sanctioned state internment. And will quietly go underground and/or convert, to save their lives.

The worst hit are the Muslim countries themselves. Hundreds being killed everyday.

So? Muslims killing muslims is your problem. Why do you expect the world to be bothered. What you saw from us after Peshawar was dual fold shared blood and the kids involved. Nothing else.

The world will be very bothered when muslims kill non muslims. Be it one or a hundred. Do not equate or tell the world what their threshold for pain or anger should be.

Back
Top Bottom