What's new

Why did France allow the tabloid to provoke Muslims?

First of all let me quote something to you.

''There are many Hindus in Arab states, many due to the migration of Indians to the oil-rich states around the Persian Gulf.

Hindu temples have been built in Bahrain, the United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Yemen and Oman.

Millions of Indian diaspora, of different religions, reside and work in the Arab countries.''

I'm sure those temples aren't built for tourism purposes.

Just in case you need addresses of a few.

Dubai.

1. Address: Bur Ali Bin Abi Taleb Street - Dubai - United Arab Emirates

Bahrain.
    Address: Manama Center, Manama, Bahrain
    Oman.
    Sri Krishna Temple Address:Al Farahidi Street, Muscat, Oman

There are cremation centers too and since Muslims don't cremate, I wonder who does. So there goes your baseless argument. Even though your post does not deserve any further comments but still let me tell you what I meant by my post was if Muslims in europe have to live with the fact that their religion is something that can be made fun of and they should look the other way then what if same thing happens to non Muslims working in Muslim countries? It would not be utterly immature.

Brahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Bahrain and Oman dies not count. Bahrain is a secular monarchy which has even legalized Homosexuality in 1976 (even India has not done that till date). It is to middle east what Macau is to China ; and Oman is neither Shia nor Sunni, they are ibadis. They both historically and contemporarily had better relation with Hindus than their muslim neighbours. Last year Sultan of Oman conducted a Vedic sacrifice in official capacity.

Dubai survives on arbitrage it get from shipment of Indian and Irani goods. Iranians because of sanctions, and Indians for sake of renaming products it supply to Pakistan use Dubai as base of operation. It does not declare war on hinduism because it does not want to lose it's second largest revenue stream.

Show an example where a middle eastern country where it could suppress religion but has not done so? How many Churches, Fire altars, and temples are there in Saudi Arabia? How many in Qatar?

How about daily insults hurled by muslims onto non muslims on TV channels? What about Bamiyan? What about muslims abusing Hinduism on this very forum? What about muslims lampooning Hindu gods in movies like PK? What about muslims drawing nude cartoons of Hindu Gods? What about muslims drawing Al-Baghdadi as a Hindu God?

Looks like muslims could only demand respect. They could not respect anyone else's belief.

Brahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Bahrain and Oman dies not count. Bahrain is a secular monarchy which has even legalized Homosexuality in 1976 (even India has not done that till date). It is to middle east what Macau is to China ; and Oman is neither Shia nor Sunni, they are ibadis. They both historically and contemporarily had better relation with Hindus than their muslim neighbours. Last year Sultan of Oman conducted a Vedic sacrifice in official capacity.

Dubai survives on arbitrage it get from shipment of Indian and Irani goods. Iranians because of sanctions, and Indians for sake of renaming products it supply to Pakistan use Dubai as base of operation. It does not declare war on hinduism because it does not want to lose it's second largest revenue stream.

Show an example where a middle eastern country where it could suppress religion but has not done so? How many Churches, Fire altars, and temples are there in Saudi Arabia? How many in Qatar?

How about daily insults hurled by muslims onto non muslims on TV channels? What about Bamiyan? What about muslims abusing Hinduism on this very forum? What about muslims lampooning Hindu gods in movies like PK? What about muslims drawing nude cartoons of Hindu Gods? What about muslims drawing Al-Baghdadi as a Hindu God?

Looks like muslims could only demand respect. They could not respect anyone else's belief.
Now these are just excuses. All the countries you and I mentioned have Muslim majorities so you need to understand my point. And all the blames you're putting on Muslims, if those things have happened hindus would've taken a stand if they can do it for a movie. I'm against disrespect of any religion.

Brahhhhhhhhhhhhh

And by the way PK is made by a hindu director you want to blame Muslims for that too, go ahead doesn't change the fact.

There isn't true freedom of speech in France anyways. Anti-semitism is illegal there and prosecuted under broad "inciting racial hatred" laws. So you can be free to say anything you want (as long as it isn't against Jews).

Canada and the US have something closer to true freedom of speech.

I understand the whole point about provocation, but your faith should be stronger than this. If such insults set off a murderous rage, then there is something seriously wrong. Another thing I don't understand is why Muslims choose to live in such countries in droves, and then complain when these countries do what is quite the norm in their cultural makeup i.e. satire and mocking. Welcome to Western Europe, it's been happening for centuries.

This has now also gone FAR BEYOND some silly cartoons. These savages killed four innocent Jewish people in a supermarket. So what did they do wrong huh? :rolleyes:

The thread has had its day. The amount of off-topic rubbish on here is too great to moderate. I will lock the thread if I see the same rubbish repeated on previous posts.

Thank you to the posters who contributed positively.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom