What's new

Why China might be a better superpower

playing arcade, watching anime, rise of console gaming, energy efficient cars, dress style (yea, I know you think pants and shirt is Western, but it really isn't. It is inspired yes, but still some styles are very much Asian.), some words, food, holidays, and a lot of other things.

After reading your posts, you really need to get out more, and maybe see the world for what it is not what you think or want it to be.
Arcade: video games (and video period) from the west. Anime: Animation (and film period) from the west. Console gaming: (and electronics period) from the west etc.

you said east Asian not Chinese, Japan is in East Asia right.

First kimonos are worn and it originated in China look it up though not quite the same, and second, what do you consider western style. Are Chinese designers Chinese or not? For example First lady of China used all Chinese luxury brands when she visited countries. Do you consider those western or not? Even though 100% designed, funded, and made in China.

BTW Chinese students wear uniforms designed 100% and made 100% in China.
Changing the cut of a collar doesn't make a western-style school uniform "Chinese"....just own the fact you copy the west.....because arguing you don't makes you look a fool. Look at a pic of an old Chinese city and the dress of the people....look at an old pic of a western city and dress.....and it's obvious. Playstation Asian? Western electronics to play western "video games" on western laser-disk. Yes, made in Japan.....but if an American company makes chopsticks.....doesn't make chopsticks "western".

again a province of China for 1,000 years? No, thanks.

I make you another suggestion: China agrees on Vietnam can re-establish Indochina. We need to get bigger at first. After that, we can negotiate on a possible union of China and Indochina. :lol:

Vietnam will never escape China's gravity wheter you like or not, it's just matter of time that it will be back once again as it was millenium ago...I advise you to learn Chinese, so are your childrens...then they can enjoy singing Chinese song without translation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vietnam will never escape China's gravity wheter you like or not, it's just matter of time that it will be back once again as it was millenium ago...I advise you to learn Chinese, so are your childrens...then they can enjoy singing Chinese song without translation.

You sound desperate to see Vietnam under china influence not a chance HongWoo. the children of Vietnamese are learning Vietnamese and English, even chinese born in Vietnam don't have Chinese school, they all attended Vietnamese school and learn Vietnamese and English.
BTW There is no China Town in Vietnam.

Yeah, there are no Chinatowns in Vietnam but there are few Chinese cities though - Cholon, for one, of District 5 HCMC is big enough to be called a city.

The problem is that China is surrounded by nations which it either has bad history with, and just plain old fashined competetion/rivalry.
South Korea, India, Japan comes to mind. The governments of these countries are right now very pro-American and working with the US to contain China's rise.

This dynamic may very well change in the future. It will depend on China's ability to assert soft power and marshall other countries to allign their interests with its own.

In any case, I think its nearly impossible for any nation to be a global hegemon AND sustain such power in long term.
There was all this talk about an "American century", but I honestly dont see that happening. The US is, as a result of its own policies (waging wars in the name of democracy and freedom lmao), in a relative decline. It has imo overreached. When a power does that, the world moves to balance you.
It still has overwhelming military power which no other nation can match, but its economy and soft power or ability to manage political outcomes, is declining.

We are making a transition into a multi-lateral world power structure, where China will be one of the strong poles. Perhaps the strongest, its impossible to tell right now.

Yeah, there are no Chinatowns in Vietnam but there are few Chinese cities though - Cholon, for one, of District 5 HCMC is big enough to be called a city.
nope it a district with some Chinese not all live in district 5 or Chinese

Cho Lon is a market place don't get confuse

The problem is that China is surrounded by nations which it either has bad history with, and just plain old fashined competetion/rivalry.
South Korea, India, Japan comes to mind. The governments of these countries are right now very pro-American and working with the US to contain China's rise.

This dynamic may very well change in the future. It will depend on China's ability to assert soft power and marshall other countries to allign their interests with its own.

In any case, I think its nearly impossible for any nation to be a global hegemon AND sustain such power in long term.
There was all this talk about an "American century", but I honestly dont see that happening. The US is, as a result of its own policies (waging wars in the name of democracy and freedom lmao), in a relative decline. It has imo overreached. When a power does that, the world moves to balance you.
It still has overwhelming military power which no other nation can match, but its economy and soft power (influence) is declining.

We are making a transition into a multi-lateral world power structure, where China will be one of the strong poles. Perhaps the strongest, its impossible to tell right now.
when that day come other small nations will alliance themselves and it happen in front of our eyes, Japan, India, Vietnam , Thailand, Indonesia , Phillipines etc... in the future there will not be one power there will be multiple power to balance earth.

You can call it whatever you want but, internationally, the names Cholon 堤岸 and Chinese go together. You don't mention one without the other.

Besides that, Soviet Union in the past and Russia today introduced lots of innovative new weapons unseen before, anywhere.
This year tests of new kind of Intercontinetal Ballistic Missle will start. It is called "Skif" - it will lay on the bottom of sea or ocean in passive regime and wait for a command.

You sound desperate to see Vietnam under china influence not a chance HongWoo. the children of Vietnamese are learning Vietnamese and English, even chinese born in Vietnam don't have Chinese school, they all attended Vietnamese school and learn Vietnamese and English.
BTW There is no China Town in Vietnam.

We're not desperate, it's the fate of Vietnam, language is not a stone set, it can be learned by next generation Vietnamese and we have no concern because we know that Vietnamese are quick learner, they know how to adapt quickly and take advantage of the situation :D..and you don't even have any clue of your own country about Chinatown...please youtube and google it before make your statement safely...LMAO

Talking about China town...lol... you vietnameses are famous to come gouping with us and don't get me wrong you're very welcome. I rarely see Japanese or Korean come grouping with us but you vietnamese are the second majority group for virtually every single Chinatown on earth.

Talking about China town...lol... you vietnameses are famous to come gouping with us and don't get me wrong you're very welcome. I rarely see Japanese or Korean come grouping with us but you vietnamese are the second majority group for virtually every single Chinatown on earth.
Do you know why Japanese and Korean don´t want to group with you overseas? They hate you too much. Especially the Japanese don´t want to be mistakenly seen as Chinese. :lol:

Arcade: video games (and video period) from the west. Anime: Animation (and film period) from the west. Console gaming: (and electronics period) from the west etc.

Are you playing dumb on purpose?

@all members> Kindly read the OP first, this will clear many things

Back
Top Bottom