What's new

Why China is betting on Narendra Modi

Then What is Prosperity?

Kerala is not industrial hub. Gujarat is one of the largest. GDP growth is 11%-12% consistently. GDP close to 200 Billion $. Infrastructure development highest in India and many more. Also, Gujrat has active role in national politics. Kerala is ruled by Left communist (worst party in India and less important in national politics) and then Pseudo Congress with allies 2 religious based party (ML + KCP).

Then What is Prosperity?

Wealth generation. Kerala doesn't generate "wealth". Prosperity and poverty go hand in hand. Prosperity is ability to spend. Ofcourse you can be prosperous and yet reduce poverty (Europe in general) or go American way (prosperous and yet poor). But Kerala is neither. It is more like Cuba. It doesn't generate wealth. Poverty is low but people don't earn enough. If not for expats, Kerala will slide into poverty.

Modi is strong willed person , he is the best. I care least what PR of CHINA or the US think about him, i think he is our best bet.. Only problem is that he hates muslims, only if he could let go of his rabid hatred for muslims . Hopefully he would make peace with muslims, if he ever wants to become the P.M

The reason for which the angst for Modi exists are the Muslim massacre's in Gujrat..
ironically in an article on modi in Time.. one of his best friends is reported to be a Muslim.
Talk about double standards... or perhaps Machiavellian brilliance.

The reason for which the angst for Modi exists are the Muslim massacre's in Gujrat..
ironically in an article on modi in Time.. one of his best friends is reported to be a Muslim.
Talk about double standards... or perhaps Machiavellian brilliance.
It is neither of them, and in fact coming from a Pakistani about Machiavellian attitudes, it is all the more hilarious to note his association with duplicity. Modi is pro-capitalist and extremely devoted to the welfare of his state. Replication of his success stories by other states belonging to the opposition is what the current Government fears. As such, all political geniuses need a devil, and for the case of Gujarat, Modi is the fly on the ointment ; What is disowned in the complete picture, is what happened to the original people who burned down the Sabarmati Express which led to this ? Who are the culprits ? Why are no questions raised ? Why does Gujarat lead Pakistanis to emote, but the Shia massacres, Ahmadi killings, Ethnic cleansing clam them up ?

It would be interesting to see how US will deal with Modi, if he were to become the PM.

India’s most prosperous states, Gujarat.

Gujarat was at 9 in MPI Rank when Modi took over as CM and still its at 9

Kerala is at no 1 now with less than 16 % poverty

Poverty in India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Come on, do not compare Kerala v/s Gujrat. One of my friend wants to start a SSi in Kerala and he is running around offices and and keep paying bribes coz of the Fcuking red tapism and yet to get the license.

Modi took out red tapism at a go, that is the main reason besides communism in Kerala.

The Chinese leadership respects strength.

Narenda Modi is strong, and the Congress party is weak.

I don't think this is the only reason.If Modi comes to power then land acquisition will become very easy and thus Chinese companies can benefit.

I have a little input of Chinese support of Modi.

China dislike Congress Party due to the latter's intimacy to the US. China would rather have a nationalist than a pro-west Indian PM.

and no matter how he treat his state issue, if he adopt a reconciliation route with Pakistan, and for that matter, China. He's even welcomed in Pakistan. Regional economic union including Pakistan, India, SL, Bangladesh, China, etc, And that's the real future of South Asia.

BJP and INC are equally friendly with America.
BJP is very pro-Israel.
BJP leaders regard China as enemy number 1.

Come on, do not compare Kerala v/s Gujrat. One of my friend wants to start a SSi in Kerala and he is running around offices and and keep paying bribes coz of the Fcuking red tapism and yet to get the license.

Modi took out red tapism at a go, that is the main reason besides communism in Kerala.

That is what i wanted...........This means his Rule has Made Rich Gujarati Richer.
and good for Industrialist.

---------- Post added at 05:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

It would be interesting to see how US will deal with Modi, if he were to become the PM.

They will not Have to Because ................
He too will be PM in waiting Like Advani

It is neither of them, and in fact coming from a Pakistani about Machiavellian attitudes, it is all the more hilarious to note his association with duplicity. Modi is pro-capitalist and extremely devoted to the welfare of his state. Replication of his success stories by other states belonging to the opposition is what the current Government fears. As such, all political geniuses need a devil, and for the case of Gujarat, Modi is the fly on the ointment ; What is disowned in the complete picture, is what happened to the original people who burned down the Sabarmati Express which led to this ? Who are the culprits ? Why are no questions raised ? Why does Gujarat lead Pakistanis to emote, but the Shia massacres, Ahmadi killings, Ethnic cleansing clam them up ?

Touche..Pakistani hands arent clean either..
I do not reject Modi's positives.. which is why I see his position on the Gujrat events as nothing less than Machiavellian to protect his political backing needed then.. so that he may be able to implement his economic and social uplift schemes that will secure a greater political base for him.

however.. None of the Shia massacres or Ahmedi killings or Ethnic cleansing has anything to do with Modi and India.. now does it? why bring it up.. coming from a Pakistani?.. what forum are you on to comment on who says what? You could have just stuck to commenting on Modi.. what is the massive holier than thou ego issue that you need to drag in Pakistan for this??

That is what i wanted...........This means his Rule has Made Rich Gujarati Richer.
and good for Industrialist.

And poverty has dropped from 41% or so in 2006 to 31% in 2010. By 2020, it just might top the list.

if modi hadn't supported 2002 he would be my hero

off coarse he has played role in Gujarat's development

if BJP comes to power i will be happy.

but i don't think modi will be PM. BJP cant afford it.

i think he will be given a minor post in govt if BJP wins in 2014.

any way i dont want to see congress in power.

BJP/Shivsena built 55 flyovers in 4.5 years in Mumbai.

when it comes to development congress cant match BJP

Back
Top Bottom