What's new

Why Chennai can't and won't speak Hindi

Are you dismissing West Bengals political, economic role in the region?
Are you dismissing Punjab's political, economic role in the region?
Are you dismissing Uttar Pradesh's political, economic role in the region?

All these States border countries that also understand Hindi.

nope ,did I oppose Hindi ? But its you who are dismissing Tamil's regional significance involving SL and ASEAN nations, good luck
Official language in

23px-Flag_of_Singapore.svg.png
Singapore.
Officially Legalised
23px-Flag_of_Malaysia.svg.png
Malaysia (Medium of education).
23px-Flag_of_Myanmar.svg.png
Myanmar (Medium of Education).
23px-Flag_of_Mauritius.svg.png
Mauritius(Medium of education and Official Usage in Currecies)

When did Hindi become the lingua franca of international trade not your backyard trade ?

Tamil is the official language in 3 countries , what's Hindi's status ?

If you make a presumptuous claim, the onus is upon to provide supportive empirical data or other evidence..

I have posted video clips to show you Tamil's reach in Canada, Malaysia etc ,

Canadian South Asia data

The South Asian Community in Canada
There is a reason why Urdu, Punjabi and Bengali never have problem with Hindi. Its because they have the same roots.
For all practical purposes please club the three and then make a comparison. You would be answered automatically.

nope ,did I oppose Hindi ? But its you who are dismissing Tamil's regional significance involving SL and ASEAN nations, good luck
Nope. I am merely showing you how in almost every large scheme of things, Tamil is less important than Hindi for India as a nation. Tamil for reasons of its limited significance to any one outside of Tamil Nadu, can not become the primary language of India - which is what this thread is about.

Whatever..this is India's problem
Who are you to discuss about us

If that is so you should keep your nose the **** away from threads regarding Sri Lanka, Pakistan or Bangladesh then..

Btw this is a global forum any poster have a right to post his/her opinion as long as it does not break forum rules

No, unlike most other countries, India does not force anyone to learn or unlearn a language. :disagree:
Tamils need not learn Hindi - it will benefit them more to learn it. Otherwise they will have difficulty conversing with others. But that is all. Nothing else.

Which other countries atleast in the neighborhood force people to learn or unlearn a language may i ask ??

Nope. I am merely showing you how in almost every large scheme of things, Tamil is less important than Hindi for India as a nation. Tamil for reasons of its limited significance to any one outside of Tamil Nadu, can not become the primary language of India - which is what this thread is about.
No one is arguing about making Tamil primary language of India. If so then there wont be anything stupid than that. Please go through the discussions and get some sense. Seems you were just babbling .

If that is so you should keep your nose the **** away from threads regarding Sri Lanka, Pakistan or Bangladesh then..
Btw this is a global forum any poster have a right to post his/her opinion as long as it does not break forum rules
Which other countries atleast in the neighborhood force people to learn or unlearn a language may i ask ??
Nope. :sarcastic:

This @manlion character thinks all non indians love tamil and indians are out to get him and his people :lol: in other words, anti national and full of inferiority complex.

No not necessary. Your world is too small to interpret my views. Hindi can't be national identity but Indian does which includes all 22 languages.

My world is exactly as it should be. It is your narrow mindedness that lets you think that Hindi will dominate Tamil and Tamil would cease to exist. Hindi is the national language and it is just the politics over regionalism that has kept India from truly looking out for national interests. You speak what you wish to and in what ever language you wish to but there has to be something that can bind all 29 different states with their own regional identities together. Hindi can play that part but this does not mean that other regional languages would or should be ignored or exterminated. But They cannot replace Hindi at national level. You are mixing National and Regional issues together. Hindi does not wishes nor needs to replace any language at regional level.

All that needs to change is mindset and perhaps you will see that Hindi will play her part at national level leaving other languages to play their part at regional level.

As it is it seems you have run out of logical reasoning and that is why perhaps you are resorting to one liners. Any way to each his own.

My world is exactly as it should be. It is your narrow mindedness that lets you think that Hindi will dominate Tamil and Tamil would cease to exist. Hindi is the national language and it is just the politics over regionalism that has kept India from truly looking out for national interests. You speak what you wish to and in what ever language you wish to but there has to be something that can bind all 29 different states with their own regional identities together. Hindi can play that part but this does not mean that other regional languages would or should be ignored or exterminated. But They cannot replace Hindi at national level. You are mixing National and Regional issues together. Hindi does not wishes nor needs to replace any language at regional level.
All that needs to change is mindset and perhaps you will see that Hindi will play her part at national level leaving other languages to play their part at regional level.
As it is it seems you have run out of logical reasoning and that is why perhaps you are resorting to one liners. Any way to each his own.

Hindi is not national language

There is a reason why Urdu, Punjabi and Bengali never have problem with Hindi. Its because they have the same roots.
For all practical purposes please club the three and then make a comparison. You would be answered automatically.

I feel sad for Hindi that it needs clubbing with Bengali, Urdu , Punjabi to gain majority, its like using others toilet paper to wipe your hmm .. lol

Tamil can stand up on its own against Hindi , economically and politically , without the need for 'clubbing', that speaks volumes on Tamil's strength.

I feel sad for Hindi that it needs clubbing with Bengali, Urdu , Punjabi to gain majority, its like using others toilet paper to wipe your hmm .. lol

Tamil can stand up on its own against Hindi , economically and politically , without the need for 'clubbing', that speaks volumes on Tamil's strength.
Sorry pal. Not going down to your level to degrade any language of India.

Hindi alone is spoken by more than 500 million people of India. The verdict came in long back. Hindi will be the primary language of India. This is non negotiable for almost everyone.
And since no other State has a problem with it - the Tamils will have to just get used to it in whichever way they feel best and find something else to protest on.

Hindi is not national language

You cannot find anything else to comment except for the above fact. I mean the point of this thread was not to establish if Hindi is or is not a national language but to find out the reasoning behind why speaking hindi in TN is such a taboo.

Do you know if he is Indian or Srilankan??
This @manlion character thinks all non indians love tamil and indians are out to get him and his people :lol: in other words, anti national and full of inferiority complex.

Back
Top Bottom