What's new

Why Bengali Muslims are exceptional

Dude, please stop talking smack.

Bengal had 50% of India's GDP in 1700 which was 25% of the total world.

Bengal was one of the most advanced regions in the world with textile and shipbuilding industries that were all world-leading. It was not just about agriculture.

Yes subcontinent was nothing but Bengal was one of the most advanced and richest regions in the world then along with parts of China. What we are now seeing happening in BD is a slow reversion to its history standing.

Just saying something 100 times does not make it true

Just saying something 100 times does not make it true
You do not have to believe what that intelligence-dwarf @UKBengali says about Bengal of yesterday in Mughal time. However, Bengal was the richest Province of Hindustan.

How about then Punjab? Yes, it became a great agricultural land after the 1857 Sepoy Mutiny. Punjabis led by the Sikhs and followed by the Muslim Punjabis supported the British Indian govt to subdue the rebellion.

As a price, the British govt supported that region and its people with at least two things. One, they were recruited in the British Indian Army en mass. And the other is, the British govt started agriculture reforms thereby building many irrigation canals.

Punjab became very rich after this. Punjab soil is very fertile but it lacked water. So, with the introduction of an irrigation system throughout Punjab, the Province became very rich in agriculture after the 1860s.

But, before this, Bengal was the richest Province. Of the entire agricultural goods produced in Hindustan, about 1/3rd was produced in Bengal in terms of quantity. So, a huge amount of Mughal revenue was collected from this Province and spent in other Provinces. Bengal contributed more than any other Province of those days to the Mughals.

When I say Bengal, it is Bangladesh, west Bengal, Bihar, Jharkhand, a major part of Orissa, and a very little part of Assam. However, that dwarf-brained @UKBengali thinks Bengal means only Bangladesh.

You do not have to believe what that intelligence-dwarf @UKBengali says about Bengal of yesterday in Mughal time. However, Bengal was the richest Province of Hindustan.

How about then Punjab? Yes, it became a great agricultural land after the 1857 Sepoy Mutiny. Punjabis led by the Sikhs and followed by the Muslim Punjabis supported the British Indian govt to subdue the rebellion.

As a price, the British govt supported that region and its people with at least two things. One, they were recruited in the British Indian Army en mass. And the other is, the British govt started agriculture reforms thereby building many irrigation canals.

Punjab became very rich after this. Punjab soil is very fertile but it lacked water. So, with the introduction of an irrigation system throughout Punjab, the Province became very rich in agriculture after the 1860s.

But, before this, Bengal was the richest Province. Of the entire agricultural goods produced in Hindustan, about 1/3rd was produced in Bengal in terms of quantity. So, a huge amount of Mughal revenue was collected from this Province and spent in other Provinces. Bengal contributed more than any other Province of those days to the Mughals.

When I say Bengal, it is Bangladesh, west Bengal, Bihar, Jharkhand, a major part of Orissa, and a very little part of Assam. However, that dwarf-brained @UKBengali thinks Bengal means only Bangladesh.

The richest province is one thing. 50% of India's wealth is another thing unless you include entire Gangetic plain
The Europeans came for the spices. The spices were on the West Coast.

The richest province is one thing. 50% of India's wealth is another thing unless you include entire Gangetic plain
The Europeans came for the spices. The spices were on the West Coast.

Better you do not put words in my mouth. Below is what I wrote in my previous post. Where did you see I said the wealth production in Bengal was 50% of the entire production of Hindustan?

"Of the entire agricultural goods produced in Hindustan, about 1/3rd was produced in Bengal in terms of quantity".

Better you do not put words in my mouth. Below is what I wrote in my previous post. Where did you see I said the wealth production in Bengal was 50% of the entire production of Hindustan?

"Of the entire agricultural goods produced in Hindustan, about 1/3rd was produced in Bengal in terms of quantity".

You are making tall claims in an era where statistics were not collected properly.

*Quantity* is one word. Value is another. What exact agricultural products did Bengal produce that the Europeans wanted ? Are you suggesting the British took the rice grown in Bengal to United Kingdom ?

You are using the Bengal presidency to include areas that are not a part of pre-British Bengal

Khilafat will return as promised. Those who deny will be humiliated.
It's been over a thousand years since the original and true Khalifate..... we are still waiting ....
Reality is that a Khalifate can never work in our modern society. Time to let it go and develop our countries to be prosperous instead of wanting to live in huts in the desert.

The only ethnic group in South Asia brave enough to forge their own nation.

It means we don’t have to expand money and energy on separatist movements.

Our politics is not poisoned by ethnic and religious bigotry.

Even more exceptional is how we evolved into an independent nation.

We first escaped British India by joining Pakistan.

We then left Pakistan through an independence struggle where a mere 25k+ Bengali Muslims died.

This is why an overwhelming majority of Bengali Muslims aren’t bitter towards Pakistan. In fact very grateful that Pakistan was a bridge to our own Bangladesh.

Bangladesh Zindabad.
They make exceptional Chogi's. That's for sure. :D

You are making tall claims in an era where statistics were not collected properly.

*Quantity* is one word. Value is another. What exact agricultural products did Bengal produce that the Europeans wanted ? Are you suggesting the British took the rice grown in Bengal to United Kingdom ?

You are using the Bengal presidency to include areas that are not a part of pre-British Bengal
What is your idea about the population of Bengal in the 17th century? Please find it out to understand the math why Bengal was producing surplus foods without any introduction of irrigation.

Whatever you say, Bengal was the bread basket of Hindustan. The present BD with such a tiny area is still feeding 180 million mouths. So, it certainly produced surplus food when its population was less than 10 million.

What is your idea about the population of Bengal in the 17th century? Please find it out to understand the math why Bengal was producing surplus foods without any introduction of irrigation.

Whatever you say, Bengal was the bread basket of Hindustan. The present BD with such a tiny area is still feeding 180 million mouths. So, it certainly produced surplus food when its population was less than 10 million.

I will grant you Bengal was likely to have a surplus in food. Please explain with 16th century infrastructure where the hell are you going to export the food in large quantities.

BD'shis are more on the level of W Europeans and East Asians and simply a cut above anyone else.
This is just nonsense. Bangladesh's biggest advantage has always been having a homogeneous society and not being engaged in a conflict with a nuclear power.

Apart from that South Asian human resource is similar overall, but if you want to rank it then India would definitely be on top.

It will return and I don't deny it. It is just that integrating our land with the Khilafah for Arabs to rule over us and discriminate us in our own land is not acceptable. I am happy to join the Khilafah of Mahdi, not random Arabs. Also Khilafah's return doesn't automatically mean all Muslim lands will be included in it.

BTW, are you Hizb-ut-Tahrir? If yes, i have been there done that. Actually believed in far far more radical things. But my sanity and reason showed me ideology and reality are different things.

It will return and I don't deny it. It is just that integrating our land with the Khilafah for Arabs to rule over us and discriminate us in our own land is not acceptable. I am happy to join the Khilafah of Mahdi, not random Arabs. Also Khilafah's return doesn't automatically mean all Muslim lands will be included in it.

BTW, are you Hizb-ut-Tahrir? If yes, i have been there done that. Actually believed in far far more radical things. But my sanity and reason showed me ideology and reality are different things.

Yes sounds like HT. I grew up in London during HTs heyday - they penetrated every school and college.

Their ideology has dated poorly and the several khilafats established by Taliban and other fundamentalists has proven their ideas don't work in the real world.

Yes sounds like HT. I grew up in London during HTs heyday - they penetrated every school and college.

Their ideology has dated poorly and the several khilafats established by Taliban and other fundamentalists has proven their ideas don't work in the real world.

Yeah I was influenced by HT for a short while but then moved on to more radical beliefs (you can have a guess), later changed my mind completely. I am now a regular Muslim without those radical ideas mainly because I can see the futility of those efforts and how hollow those ideologies are.

Why do you guys want the Khilafat back? Is it to do more infighting among Muslims and technologically superior Christians to sell us more weapons for us to kill each other?

Now, is the time for economic development and less theological fanaticism.

Do you think Islamic fanaticism will take Muslims to the higher sky on the Moon or Mars? If you can guarantee that, I am all for it and I would want your fantasy Khilafat back on camels tomorrow.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom