What's new

Why armed forces not investing in locally manufacturing helicopters in Pakistan after succes of JF 17 project

Should pak armed forces invest in utility helicopter project for locally manufacturing in oakistan

• T 625 Gokbey Turkey

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • Z18 Helicopter Copy of AC 313 China

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Z 20 Helicopter Copy of Black Hawk China

Votes: 15 50.0%
  • AW 139 Helicopter Italy

Votes: 6 20.0%

• Total voters
No R&D I guess. JF-17 b Chinese engineers ny bana ker diya hy.
Oh dear....and I guess u came up with that statement all by yourself and have insider information confirming only Chinese did the work.. what is wrong with people like u.

Why army Navy airforce not collectively investing in a utility helicopter project for all armed forces and law enforcement agencies

We already seen fruitfull result of succesfull Thunder project and immense potential of exporting them to African countries

I think helicopter is a backbone for any military but specially for pak due to its harsh terrain we have huge mountain region where only halos can operate

In 2008 earth quakes and floods in pak these halos did the rescue job we were short of helicopters so USA helped us and other countries

India already shown us with Dhruv rudra project they can modify them as per their requirements and give experience to its local people for helicopter tech and create more jobs and full fill defence needs locally

We can manufacture them on low cost due to low labour wages as compare to west and get more helicopters at low cost

Most of MI 17 helis are at the end of their life span AW 139 are very expensive machines to buy in numbers

Wmost of our helicopter fleet out if these AW 139 are 20 years old and we hear MI 17 crashes on regular bases

We can save lives money by manufacturing new halos locally

Gokbey looks very impressive it can be used for VIP transport troop transport too and realtively new technology and we can fit ASW sonars into its nose for naval varient
The days of helicopters are coming to an end, our investment should be in heavy weight drone technologies, which means : motor technology, control systems, electronics, avionics, material technologies, engineering, chemical engineering and GPS.

Even Z 18 are very good utility helicopters what you friends think

@Imran Khan @Zarvan @Pak Nationalist @Salik @DrEvil

Bro I think Gokbey will have local engine

Bro I think Gokbey will have local engine

Need for helicopter is a sense we don't need tanks as much as we need helicopter with single project army Navy airforce law enforcement agencies vip and rescue mission operations can be fullfiled

Look what India is doing with HAL Rudra, Dhruv helicopters they are manufacturing different varients for navy and army and have light attack varient

Hal Rudra and Dhruv are essentially MBB 105 Helis with re-worked re-styled panels and uses almost identical parts. Elastomeric rotor mount and other critical cyclical parts have been and still are supplied by MBB etc. from Germany. This is an old MBB 105, they are quite reliable.

MBB_BO-105CBS-5%2C_Luftrettung_-_Bundesministerium_des_Innern_%28modified%29.jpg

The numbers and amount of helis used in India makes sense to make helis locally - the numbers used are in the multiple hundreds every year. Even with ToT which adds a premium to local manufacturing cost. However I don't know how many helis are required in Pakistan and what numbers in what services.

Instead of making helis from scratch from the get go - helis can be assembled first from SKD/CKD kits, starting with common smaller utility helis like A109s or Eurocopter 120s.

This is how Musshaq trainer assembly was started. SAAB safari parts in kits were supplied to Kamra and put together starting in the 80s I believe. Eventually most parts started being made at Kamra I believe, maybe one of the Pakistani bhais can correct me if my facts are incorrect.

Helis are inherently more dangerous platforms to fly compared to fixed wing aircraft.

The days of helicopters are coming to an end, our investment should be in heavy weight drone technologies, which means : motor technology, control systems, electronics, avionics, material technologies, engineering, chemical engineering and GPS.

You still need utility fossil fuel turbine helis to carry people and equipment around.

Changes will be evolutionary rather than revolutionary - keeping reliable operations in mind.

But yes - long term planning should reflect recognition of these new technologies.

No it’s not coming to an end america is still making new models as is most nation .drones helicopters 2 different things helicopters designed to move soldiers around etc

Why army Navy airforce not collectively investing in a utility helicopter project for all armed forces and law enforcement agencies

We already seen fruitfull result of succesfull Thunder project and immense potential of exporting them to African countries

I think helicopter is a backbone for any military but specially for pak due to its harsh terrain we have huge mountain region where only halos can operate

In 2008 earth quakes and floods in pak these halos did the rescue job we were short of helicopters so USA helped us and other countries

India already shown us with Dhruv rudra project they can modify them as per their requirements and give experience to its local people for helicopter tech and create more jobs and full fill defence needs locally

We can manufacture them on low cost due to low labour wages as compare to west and get more helicopters at low cost

Most of MI 17 helis are at the end of their life span AW 139 are very expensive machines to buy in numbers

Wmost of our helicopter fleet out if these AW 139 are 20 years old and we hear MI 17 crashes on regular bases

We can save lives money by manufacturing new halos locally

Gokbey looks very impressive it can be used for VIP transport troop transport too and realtively new technology and we can fit ASW sonars into its nose for naval varient
Pakistan army should get 50 merlin aw101 helicopters latest version also they should get 50 wildcats 40 nh90 and 50 h225m latest models. Western helicopters more reliable high quality and advanced. We should get transfer tech for z20 and z18 from China our close realtionship can make this happen this will give Pakistan experience to bulid from scratch. The western helicopters would all togeather cost 4. Something billion and they should get spare parts and repair Knowledge

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom