What's new

Why Are The Bengalis Immune To Dynastic Succession?

neokautilya2

Reaction score
Ashok Mitra in the Telegraph:

Bengalis are often full of idiosyncrasies and angularities. They can be argumentative, cantankerous, clannish, verbose in their narratives with a tendency to make a mountain out of a molehill. They are, besides, most of the time over-emotional and waste an unconscionable length of time writing and hawking poetry. They have, in addition, developed the habit of idle pontification for hours on end in tea or coffee shop sessions. The typical Calcutta intellectual, who proudly announces that the title of the latest work by that what-is-his-name Latvian writer under the imprint of Gallimard is The percussion of supersonic and is greatly miffed when another friend in the adda claims to have already known about it, is particularly insufferable.

Still, the Bengalis, it will have to be conceded, have at least one thing in their favour: they have stayed away from the bane of dynastic succession which threatens to overrun the rest of the country

BTW am not a bengali...... but love seeing bengalis debating :cool:

This is just a simple non sense troll thread??? What is your problem if Bengalis are like that? I mean i donot understand what do you try to present out of this thread?

W.Bengalies have escaped dynastic garbage due to the communists.... We in Bangladesh have not been so lucky

W.Bengalies have escaped dynastic garbage due to the communists.... We in Bangladesh have not been so lucky

It has nothing to do with communism, Congress ruled Bengal for some 20 years before commies. I guess we don't follow anyone blindly.

Anyway here's the original article.

A nobody dies

care to tell me who is abhijit mukherjee...?

btw if you want the truth...there are many states with dynasties that have done well than bengal with no dynasties...

It has nothing to do with communism, Congress ruled Bengal for some 20 years before commies. I guess we don't follow anyone blindly.

Anyway here's the original article.

A nobody dies

the congi leadership during 50s and 60s were the remnants of the freedom struggle and hence the dynastic problem was not there.... dynasty crept only with the formation of cong(I)....

Back
Top Bottom