What's new

Why Are Poverty Rates in Pakistan Lower Than India, Bangladesh?

I mentioned because many Pakistanis always claim they inherited nothing after partition forgetting that Punjab was richest province of British due to same irrigated system they created.

Forget about petty discussion aka Saas Bahu noke jhonk. :lol:

Feudal order in newly fertile land. Feudalism in the subcontinent was continuation of jagirs of Mughal Dynasty..

British would just give the land to the local tribal chief or land lord.

As I said and I believe you agree that feudal system existed long before Britrish showed up in Punjab.

Based on my study of the military history, I do know that British started giving 20 or so acres of land to anyone who would supply one lancer/infantry man/mare/horse to British army's cavalry. But 20+ acres should not be called "Feudal order" or feudal lands.

Hope you realize the difference.

Why you have been to Pakistan?? Or its just that you are biased enough to cherrypick selective items that can boost your nationalist mindset any further??
Pakistan is an Islamic nation. What does that tell you? That's right gender inequality

@liall ,@INDIC ,@Indischer ,@illusion8 ,@chak de INDIA ,SEE HAQ IS again befooling people.....
Agriculture stats: India vs Pakistan
thumb.php
Indian Agriculture stats

thumb.php
Pakistani Agriculture stats

Agricultural growth 121 129
Ranked 46th. Ranked 25th. 7% more than India
Arable and permanent cropland 169,700 thousand hectares 21,960 thousand hectares
Ranked 3rd. 7 times more than Pakistan Ranked 15th.
Arable land > hectares 159,650,000 hectares 21,275,000 hectares
Ranked 2nd in 2005. 7 times more than Pakistan Ranked 9th in 2005.
Arable land > % of land area 53.7 % of land area 27.6 % of land area
Ranked 4th in 2005. 95% more than Pakistan Ranked 20th in 2005.
Area > Rice 42,400,000 2,460,000
Ranked 1st. 16 times more than Pakistan Ranked 11th.
Banana production 11,000,000 metric tonnes 95,000 metric tonnes
Ranked 1st. 115 times more than Pakistan Ranked 42nd.
Cereal production 121 thousand metric tons 129 thousand metric tons
Ranked 46th. Ranked 25th. 7% more than India
Cotton exports 50 thousand bales 100 thousand bales
Ranked 35th. Ranked 23rd. 100% more than India
Cotton production 12,500 8,350
Ranked 3rd. 50% more than Pakistan Ranked 4th.
Fertilizer use 98.6 kg 135.1 kg
Ranked 43rd. Ranked 29th. 37% more than India
Food production index 104.7 % 110.6 %
Ranked 103rd in 2004. Ranked 55th in 2004. 6% more than India
Grains > Rice production 89,000 thousand metric tons 4,500 thousand metric tons
Ranked 3rd. 19 times more than Pakistan Ranked 13th.
Grains > Wheat consumption 69,000 thousand metric tons 18,750 thousand metric tons
Ranked 4th. 3 times more than Pakistan Ranked 7th.
Grains > Wheat production 67,000 thousand metric tons 18,200 thousand metric tons
Ranked 4th. 3 times more than Pakistan Ranked 9th.
Labor share 59.2% 46.6%
Ranked 38th. 27% more than Pakistan Ranked 51st.
Meat production 4,604 thousand metric tons 2,083 thousand metric tons
Ranked 7th. 121% more than Pakistan Ranked 18th.
Tractors 1,525,000 320,500
Ranked 5th. 4 times more than Pakistan Ranked 18th.

@illusion8 ,@Indischer ,@liall ,@INDIC ,@chak de INDIA ,@Aamna 14
Pakistan ranks as the world’s second-worst country in terms of gender equality and equitable division of resources and opportunities among men and women, says a report published Friday.

The Global Gender Gap Report 2013, published by the World Economic Forum in collaboration with faculty at Harvard University and the University of California, Berkeley, assesses 136 countries, representing more than 93 per cent of the world’s population, on how well resources and opportunities are divided among male and female populations.

According to the index, Iceland tops the list with the most equitable sharing of resources among the sexes, followed closely by north European countries such as Finland, Norway and Sweden.

Pakistan comes down at 135, followed only by Yemen, and its score has fallen three spots since the study was conducted last year.

The comprehensive annual report measures the size of the gender inequality gap in four areas, including economic participation and opportunity (salaries, participation and highly skilled employment), educational attainment (access to basic and higher levels of education), political empowerment (representation in decision-making structures), health and survival (life expectancy and sex ratio).

According to the index, Pakistan ranks second-worst in economic participation and opportunity, eighth-worst in terms of equal access to education, 13th from the bottom in terms of health and survival.

Surprisingly, the magnitude of disparities is much smaller in Pakistan when it comes to political empowerment and representation in decision-making structures among the two sexes, with a rank of 64 among 136 countries.

Among neighbouring countries, China ranked at 69, Bangladesh at 75, India at 101 and Iran at 130. Afghanistan was not included in the study.

Global gender gap narrows slightly in 2013

According to the report, gender disparity narrowed slightly in the current year on the back of definite if not universal improvements in economic equality and political participation between the sexes.

Overall, the report found Iceland the most advanced country in the world in terms of gender equality for the fifth year running. It, along with Finland (2nd), Norway (3rd) and Sweden (4th), has now closed over 80 per cent of its gender gap. These countries were joined in the top 10 by the Philippines, which enters the top five for the first time, Ireland (6th), New Zealand (7th), Denmark (8th), Switzerland (9th) and Nicaragua (10th).

At the global level, the report found that in 2013, 96 per cent of the health and survival gender gap has now been closed. “It is the only one of the four pillars that has widened since the report was first compiled in 2006.”

The global gender gap stands at 93 per cent in terms of education, with 25 countries having closed their gaps completely.

The report says gender gaps for economic equality and political participation are only 60 per cent and 21 per cent closed respectively, although progress is being made in these areas, with political participation narrowing by almost 2 per cent over the last year.

In both developing and developed countries alike, relative to the numbers of women in tertiary education and in the workforce overall, women’s presence in economic leadership positions is limited, it adds.

Last edited:
That statement screams your biased attitude and nothing else.

India has a higher women to men ratio in labor force. Can confirm on undp dot org. So more women are woking in India as compared to Pakistan is that good enough?

India has a higher women to men ratio in labor force. Can confirm on undp dot org. So more women are woking in India as compared to Pakistan is that good enough?

I am talking about your statement it was biased to the core. So stop dodging that and acknowledge.

I am talking about your statement it was biased to the core. So stop dodging that and acknowledge.

No I wont. It was not biased all Islamic countries rank really bad on gender equality expect turkey but it is secular any way so yeah

No I wont. It was not biased all Islamic countries rank really bad on gender equality expect turkey but it is secular any way so yeah

Then don't, because biased people act like you are acting right now.

May be you are the one who is biased. Saying the opposite when you know the truth :D

None of my statements reflect any bias since i don't go around passing political fatwas like most here. I happen to know Pakistan much better than most people who hypocritically claim to.

None of my statements reflect any bias since i don't go around passing political fatwas like most here. I happen to know Pakistan much better than most people who hypocritically claim to.

yea you did. Denying the bias that exist in your country. Any way you will never accept that so just leave it at that :)

yea you did. Denying the bias that exist in your country. Any way you will never accept that so just leave it at that :)

I will accept something that exists in the society i won't ever deny it but i won't exaggerate to win a few brownie points either like most Indians happen to do here.

Because Bangladesh and India are more densely populated
There is a strain on resources

Back
Top Bottom