What's new

why are people afraid to visit pakistan ?

Nope the perception is stronger than actual facts Latino countries have more attacks on tourists,poor security yet they attract tourist the real issue is perception
could be, I've heard horror stories from certain south american capitals downtown in mid day, as a whole, Asia is safer but with Pakistan it ties into the whole taliban etc narrative as well so that is also a big issue..

Pakistan is among the most fragile states ,every nation red flags Pakistan as a destination , FSI shows pak currently 2 spots below Afghanistan .

http://fsi.fundforpeace.org/rankings-2015
Nope its not fragile at all only Bhindions see this way

could be, I've heard horror stories from certain south american capitals downtown in mid day, as a whole, Asia is safer but with Pakistan it ties into the whole taliban etc narrative as well so that is also a big issue..
You are more likely to die from a car crash in Pakistan than from Taliban particularly outside NW region

Those are only headlines, it is the regular stuff that matters more: airline connections, good, safe and clean hotels, ease of transport, hygienic food and water.
A few pakistani poster here have expressed concern about their own safety when they visited pakistan. Its not terrorism but general violence(like carjacking, robbery, gang violence) that is scary.

You are more likely to die from a car crash in Pakistan than from Taliban particularly outside NW region
you have to convince the millions in the west who head to India, Nepal, China, Bhutan,Thailand etc every year but give Pakistan a skip because taliban, qaeda etc

Urdu muhawra hay bad say bura badnaam we have less tourists than some Latin American countries which have worse law and order issues than us

Contrary to popular belief our crime rate is low much lower than most Latino countries

The most horrifying thing in pakistan is the power outages.

you have to convince the millions in the west who head to India, Nepal, China, Bhutan,Thailand etc every year but give Pakistan a skip because taliban, qaeda etc
Thats the hard part convincing them that threat from these groups is massively over blown particularly in regions like Gilgit Baltistan

Nope the perception is stronger than actual facts Latino countries have more attacks on tourists,poor security yet they attract tourist the real issue is perception

It would be easier if you picked religeous tourism as a reason of your visit to Pakistan 1000,s of Indians visit Pakistan for pilgrimage

Great idea, but I'd hate myself for being a hypocrite.

Also, it wouldn't allow me to really do Lahore, or find out why you characters go bat-shit about Isloo (imagine going ga-ga about 'Isloo'!) or what's so characterful about Karachi. Nor will it allow me to demand a genuine Hunza breakfast from @WAJsal - damn, you've made me hungry again.

Pakistan is still not good enough for tourists. Though, law and order has improved significantly, it is still not fully safe. We have energy outrages, and the main problem is the perception the world has regarding Pakistan.
The world do not consider Pakistan very well whether it is justified or not.
But we are improving and will soon overcome the problems.

Pakistan is still not good enough for tourists. Though, law and order has improved significantly, it is still not fully safe. We have energy outrages, and the main problem is the perception the world has regarding Pakistan.
The world do not consider Pakistan very well whether it is justified or not.
But we are improving and will soon overcome the problems.

Well, get a move on, chaps. I'm not growing any younger.

Nope its not fragile at all only Bhindions see this way

...India didn't create the international fragile state index , all I did was state a fact , Pakistan is a red zone as far as tourism in concerned .

Its not just your terror index , its more than that, south Asia isnt a popular destination ,compared to the tourism numbers of south east & EU . even India with its massive diversity & evisa , has only half the numbers that Japan or Singapore gets .

Muslim tourism is also a thing these days.

We can for example offer good family packages to Muslim families from the Arab world or even South East Asia visiting our Northern Areas.

From Swat to Gilgit, but facilities have to improve a lot.

Not if luxury hotels then maybe something like these
Gilgit-Serena-outer-view.jpg

Back
Top Bottom