What's new

Why are Pak missiles named after foreign invaders?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobbieS

Reaction score
This thought was with me for quite some time and I guess this would be the right forum to discuss it. Mod please help in case this thread ought to be posted to some other forum.

So my questions is that why are Pak missiles named after foreign invaders?

I do know that Shaheen and Hatf aren't names of invaders but weren't Abdali, Ghauri, Ghaznavi and Babur names of foreign invaders who swept down the plains of the Indian subcontinent through the Khyber pass?

We may also take Babur separately since he was the only one who stayed and created a dynasty instead of running away with the loot.

Is it that the Pakistani society and establishment so obsessed with India that they forgot that these invaders didn’t spare people based on their faith. Hindu or Muslim, anyone who came in their path had to pay the price.

And the most overlooked part is that the area/geography that they pillaged included the present day Pakistan as well! They began with the Indus basin/the greater Punjab, Kashmir and followed uptill Gujarat, Bengal and the Deccan. Did Pak rulers forget history or were they never told that Pakistan was once a part of India?

Hmm..

I see you have stirred a hornets nest.

Because they are heroes in our society(maybe they weren't real heroes). Yes anyone who came in thier way had to pay they price but do remmeber that most of the Pakistanis can trace thier background to persians, afghans, turk and mongols.

Basically they are named after Muslim Emperors and Conquerers of the by gone era.
For example, history tells us that PIRTHIVI Raj was defeated by Shahab-ud-Din GHAURI.

lol i think u hit a sensitive spot :rofl::rofl:

Because they are heroes in our society(maybe they weren't real heroes). Yes anyone who came in thier way had to pay they price but do remmeber that most of the Pakistanis can trace thier background to persians, afghans, turk and mongols.

I cant say I believe that most Pakistanis can trace their ancestries to Persians and their likes. Pashtuns and Baloch may be, but not the rest in Punjab and Sindh areas of Pakistan (which in fact constitute most of Pakistan). Unless you have a source that can show us the genetic make-up population of Pakistan.

Apart from the two ethnicities that I mentioned above, I guess the rest of the population is pretty similar to what we have in NW India (Punjab, Raj., Haryana, West. UP and Kashmir).

The fact that you use Mohajir as your username says a lot about the genetic make up of the population in Pakistan doesnt it?

No dear he did not stire hornest net rather he had stired your Islamophobia once again.

It should none of your business how we name our missiles or anything in the first place??

Relax girl. Curiousity. Thats all. This is a discussion forum isnt it?

Since our countries shared pretty much a common history about 60 years ago, I thought it justified to initiate a discussion on why Pakistan names its missiles after invaders. Muslim they may be. But they raped, looted and pillaged impartially and all over the sub-continent!

No dear he did not stire hornest net rather he had stired your Islamophobia once again.

It should none of your business how we name our missiles or anything in the first place??

Islamophobia ? There is as much Islam in India as there is in Pk or any where else. The same cannot be said of Hinduism in Pk through pre 47 both religions existed equally on both sides of the Radcilffe line.

Going by your skewed logic, should it be your business what happens in India ?

You are defeating the purpose of a forum like this.

Basically they are named after Muslim Emperors and Conquerers of the by gone era.
For example, history tells us that PIRTHIVI Raj was defeated by Shahab-ud-Din GHAURI.

heheheheheh well i have read Indians been telling Prithvi had killed Shahabudin lolzzz

BTW Robbies they might be invaders for you because they had invaded you

because they have no national Idol.....

Islamophobia ? There is as much Islam in India as there is in Pk or any where else. The same cannot be said of Hinduism in Pk theough pre 47 both religions existed equally on both sides of the Radcilffe line.

Going by your skewed logic, should it be your business what happens in India ?

You are defeating the purpose of a forum like this.

Have we ever question why India named its missile as Agni or Prithvi??? You can question human rights as well as other issues in our society as much as we have to in your society but at technical levels NO you dont have any right.

Because they invaded India and these new missiles are supposed to invade modern day india should the need arise.

heheheheheh well i have read Indians been telling Prithvi had killed Shahabudin lolzzz

BTW Robbies they might be invaders for you because they had invaded you

Robbies,

Here ' you' means ' them' also.

Pre 47, 'they' were 'us' & the ' invaders' originated from areas outside what now is Pk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom