What's new

Why are Pak missiles named after foreign invaders?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Relax girl. Curiousity. Thats all. This is a discussion forum isnt it?

Since our countries shared pretty much a common history about 60 years ago, I thought it justified to initiate a discussion on why Pakistan names its missiles after invaders. Muslim they may be. But they raped, looted and pillaged impartially and all over the sub-continent!

Prithvi did the same. Because that was a war. And in war destruction is bound to happen.

Above all being Muslims we see Abdali and Ghauri as good field commanders. Simple as that.

India claims to be a secular country then should we question you why you named your missiles on the basis of religious links??

Why Not name it MM Singh missile :P

I cant say I believe that most Pakistanis can trace their ancestries to Persians and their likes. Pashtuns and Baloch may be, but not the rest in Punjab and Sindh areas of Pakistan (which in fact constitute most of Pakistan). Unless you have a source that can show us the genetic make-up population of Pakistan.

Apart from the two ethnicities that I mentioned above, I guess the rest of the population is pretty similar to what we have in NW India (Punjab, Raj., Haryana, West. UP and Kashmir).

The fact that you use Mohajir as your username says a lot about the genetic make up of the population in Pakistan doesnt it?

So what has this rant gotta do with our naming of missiles

Basically they are named after Muslim Emperors and Conquerers of the by gone era.
For example, history tells us that PIRTHIVI Raj was defeated by Shahab-ud-Din GHAURI.

Got the logic! So its all got to do with religion....!

But I guess a little historical context for your rulers while naming the missiles could have helped.

So supposedly, if Ukraine names its missiles as Hitler, Goering and Himmler, that should be fine right? After all Hitler was a Christian and he invaded the Soviet Union and not Ukraine. So what if Ukraine was itself a part of the SU and broke away later. Right?

So what has this rant gotta do with our naming of missiles

That was a reply to another post. You can scroll up or move to the 1st page to check the original post. Get some context girl...

I cant say I believe that most Pakistanis can trace their ancestries to Persians and their likes. Pashtuns and Baloch may be, but not the rest in Punjab and Sindh areas of Pakistan (which in fact constitute most of Pakistan). Unless you have a source that can show us the genetic make-up population of Pakistan.

Apart from the two ethnicities that I mentioned above, I guess the rest of the population is pretty similar to what we have in NW India (Punjab, Raj., Haryana, West. UP and Kashmir).

The fact that you use Mohajir as your username says a lot about the genetic make up of the population in Pakistan doesnt it?

Ahhh let me tell you when we recite the Kalima (the shahada) we become ONE nation one body and one Ummah irrespective of our past and also ethnicitties.'
Still if you want to listen on the basis of that then listen I am Proud to have our missiles named after those brave field commanders and i see them as my forefathers who had invaded you and ruled you.

Kashmir is not your part neither Kashmiris have any affiliation of blood with your Indian hindus or other ethnicity.

:cheers:

Have we ever question why India named its missile as Agni or Prithvi??? You can question human rights as well as other issues in our society as much as we have to in your society but at technical levels NO you dont have any right.

Naming a missile has no technical connotations. Its not rocket science.

Agni & Prithvi mean fire & earth.

Here we have a new member in the forum in his 1st month asking what seems to him a genuine doubt. I anticipated these kind of replies ( as this subject has been dealt with earlier too) hence post #2.

Got the logic! So its all got to do with religion....!

But I guess a little historical context for your rulers while naming the missiles could have helped.

So supposedly, if Ukraine names its missiles as Hitler, Goering and Himmler, that should be fine right? After all Hitler was a Christian and he invaded the Soviet Union and not Ukraine. So what if Ukraine was itself a part of the SU and broke away later. Right?

I see no problem with naming one's missiles after anyone. And if you are talking about Religion then why You have named yours as Agni, or for that matter your tank as Arjun ??? Although it was just a fiction charachter and not in reality lolzzz

I can see then names Ghauri, Abdali still creates fear in the minds of Indians:sick:

Come on no matter how much you try we aint gonna change these names to better dont waste yours neither ours time guys.

I see no problem with naming one's missiles after anyone. And if you are talking about Religion then why You have named yours as Agni, or for that matter your tank as Arjun ??? Although it was just a fiction charachter and not in reality lolzzz

I can see then names Ghauri, Abdali still creates fear in the minds of Indians:sick:

Come on no matter how much you try we aint gonna change these names to better dont waste yours neither ours time guys.

Wry humor at an attempt by someone to gain psy advantage to themselves out of something that never was theirs is more appropriate.

Naming a missile has no technical connotations. Its not rocket science.

Agni & Prithvi mean fire & earth.

Here we have a new member in the forum in his 1st month asking what seems to him a genuine doubt. I anticipated these kind of replies ( as this subject has been dealt with earlier too) hence post #2.

Third eye. Let us open up our heads and concerntrate on the aim of having missiles and their function which is more important then their names.

It does not matter after whome or what you name it.

And lets accept the turth that you guys are uncomfortable even with names of our missiles.

Why this should be of any uncomfort to you in the first place.

And oh Come on Agni and Prithvi more has to do with your religious wars than its meaning.

Still if you stress upon this point then Shaheen, Abdali and Shahbddin Ghauri also have some meanings.

The Bottom line is its our product and we have the right to name the way we want it and we are not bound to explain to you at all.

emo, very simple answer, the purpose of this thread was to flame.

:) we know that very well gray boy. The poster and his fellow countrymen has done it on their own boards.

And the main aim was to prove that these personalities were not Pakistanis hence Bhartyas think they were not ours lolzzz

And i wonder when was Arjun an Indian ????????

The Bottom line is our missiles are named after our great field commanders of Islam who have invadedhats it. :chilli:

Prithvi did the same. Because that was a war. And in war destruction is bound to happen.

Above all being Muslims we see Abdali and Ghauri as good field commanders. Simple as that.

India claims to be a secular country then should we question you why you named your missiles on the basis of religious links??

Why Not name it MM Singh missile :P

Hmm...another Pakistani needs a history lesson. No problem, glad to help.
Prithvi Raj never invaded any Kingdom. Even if he did that woulld be counted as a doemstic squabble. While Ghauri came down from Afghanistan into the plains to attack him. An unprovoked attack by a barbaric Afghan invader, who just happened to be a Muslim.

Muslim field commanders is fine. But what made you forget that they were foreigners and like it or not you guys were called Indians before 1947. You cant wish away history just like that.

And if Muslim field commanders were what you were looking for, what happened to Tariq ibn-Zayid and Salah-ud-din? I am sure you guys can also conjure up a genetic connection to the Arabs, right?

Indians don't be harsh on our friends apart from painting atleast let them give a original name to their missiles. :)

If they are proud of the invaders let them be.

Ohhh aaah eehhh the Indians are scared of our "painted" missiles what would have been the case if origional.

And dont be so hypocrates there are many threads which proved how you got yours not so origional too.

Besides ohh as far as the invaders lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

do we forget the thead where Mr Third eye and other Indians were claiming all those Muslim Invaders as Indians :rofl: aah i think that was a thread about Mughals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Military Forum Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom