What's new

Why are our neighbours still operating and buying new BVR-less Fighters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think because those j-10s and mkk and j-11 got bvr.

Had you read their Indian counterparts you wouldn't have been coming up with this. BTW have you read the title and the post in it's entirety?

Besides, if Bisons and MKIs are mentioned then why not these?

Do you even know Breguet is primarily a reconnaissance a/c? Your glorious Bison rather should be ashamed of targeting an unarmed a/c, huh!.

I know what Breguet - Atalantique was. And I know that it was only shot after it try to run. Rather than obey. And I think you definatly know the code of conduct. PAF would have done the same thing.
And point was Bisons were and are effective and powerful. Nothing to be ashamed of that.

There are plenty of thread on that. Choose a pick and we will continue there

I know what Breguet - Atalantique was. And I know that it was only shot after it try to run. Rather than obey. And I think you definatly know the code of conduct. PAF would have done the same thing.
And point was Bisons were and are effective and powerful. Nothing to be ashamed of that.

Don't teach me morality, its not me who started this junk thread. Turn to your country fellow, one the OP, and inculcate those golden words.

If hitting an unarmed a/c specify the power near you then my friend undoubtedly Bison is the one.

All the best, I am off now.

Nope such karname are done only by IAF.Pakistan rather returned indian chopper and officers with in hrs after it crossed into Azad kashmir.

Don't teach me morality, its not me who started this junk thread. Turn to your country fellow, one the OP, and inculcate those golden words.

If hitting an unarmed a/c specify the power near you then my friend undoubtedly Bison is the one.

All the best, I am off now.

Yes that's one thing you can do.:tup:
Where did I teach you morality ??? Or just producing things from Air ???
I didn't comment in the previous or this thread untill you bring your satisfaction with the rant on bisons. I didn't agree with OP but I hell don't agree with your rant too.
And telling a standard operation procedure is moral teaching then you better leave sir ;)

Nope such karname are done only by IAF.Pakistan rather returned indian chopper and officers with in hrs after it crossed into Azad kashmir.

Try to read and understand. Indian chopper did NOT try to Run. So there wasn't any question to shoot it down. And so would be Atlantique if it would have followed the Migs. But yes did you want to understand ???

100 pkr says that u don't understand the difference between a reconnaissance plane crossing international border under wartime & an unarmed chopper crossing LOC in peacetime :lol:

Quite a simple and straight forward question, which can be satisfied with an even simpler answer.

The reason other nations are still operating aircraft incapable of BVR is because of two primary reasons:

1) They are meant for other roles, for example Mirages for precision bombing.
2) They are in the process of being phased out in favour of newer aircraft, for example A-5s.

The airplanes cannot be replaced en-bulk and are thus phased out gradually in batches. Resultantly, the number of these aircraft will keep dropping slowly until they are completely replaced.

The term beyond-visual-range missile (BVR) usually refers to an air-to-air missile (BVRAAM) that is capable of engaging at ranges of 20 nmi (37 km) or beyond. This range has been achieved using dual pulse rocket motors or booster rocket motor and ramjet sustainer motor.

so J-8 and JF-17 have BVR ability to fire SD-10 missile, but JH-7 not a fighter, one fighter-bomber to replace Q-5,
JH-7
Performance

Maximum speed: Mach 1.75 (1,808 km/h, 1,122 mph)
Combat radius: 1,759 km (890 nm, 1,093 mi)
Ferry range: 3,700 km (1,970 nm, 2,299 mi)
Service ceiling: 16,000 m (51,180 ft)
Wing loading: kg/m² (lb/ft²)
Armament

Guns: 1× 23mm twin-barrel GSh-23L autocannon, 300 rounds
Hardpoints: 9 in total (6× under-wing, 2× wing-tip, 1× under-fuselage) with a capacity of 9,000 kg (20,000 lb) external fuel and ordnance
Rockets: 57mm/90mm unguided rocket pods
Missiles:

Air-to-air missiles:
PL-5
PL-8
PL-9
Anti-ship missiles:
Yingji-8K
Yingji-82K
Kongdi-88
Anti-radiation missiles:
Yingji-91

Bombs:

Unguided bombs
Laser-guided bombs

Quite a simple and straight forward question, which can be satisfied with an even simpler answer.

The reason other nations are still operating aircraft incapable of BVR is because of two primary reasons:

1) They are meant for other roles, for example Mirages for precision bombing.
2) They are in the process of being phased out in favour of newer aircraft, for example A-5s.

The airplanes cannot be replaced en-bulk and are thus phased out gradually in batches. Resultantly, the number of these aircraft will keep dropping slowly until they are completely replaced.

Well i think because paf isn't going to fight a war. They only bomb taliban...

Thread closed, as the starter of the thread has no idea what he is talking about, nor he has done proper research, nor he is accepting his own countrymen arguments that IAF is still not wholly BVR capable.

Better to do more research and then open threads on technical matters.

By the way, Chinese J-8s thought to be BVR-less by thread starter, are in reality very much BVR capable.

http://www.airforceworld.com/pla/gfx...le-china-1.jpg

OP gone mad-
And will soon turn pink-
Come after a decade OP- you will turn 18 by then-

Well i think because paf isn't going to fight a war. They only bomb taliban...

Our Combat Doctrine is still based around India, which remains the most severe threat to Pakistan's national integrity.

Dont say that.. we also returned your 90,000 people..

Dont say that.. we also returned your 90,000 people..

In return for forfeiting the right to raise Kashmir issue at any international forum other than the UN, where it was already amongst the outstanding issues. Don't go and act all "Holier than thou".........

In return for forfeiting the right to raise Kashmir issue at any international forum other than the UN, where it was already amongst the outstanding issues. Don't go and act all "Holier than thou".........

You guys did lose war...so there's got to be a cost to that..

You guys did lose war...so there's got to be a cost to that..

Yeah, I don't contend that however I expect you to accept that you had something to gain from the situation rather than pretend that you released those people out of the goodness of your heart......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom