What's new

Why are our neighbours still operating and buying new BVR-less Fighters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Su-11

Reaction score
Previous thread: http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian...l-operating-buying-new-bvr-less-fighters.html

I was just going through some links and wiki, and it surprised me how many BVR-less fighters are in our neighborhood.

Fighters-------Numbers

Pakistan
F-7MP----------95
F-7PG----------48
Mirage III------98
Total----------241

Bangladesh
F-7MB------------8
F-7BG------------15
Total----------23

China
PLAAF
J-7/F-7------------350 (MiG-21 copy)
J-8----------------180 (Su-15 copy?)
JH-7---------------70
PLAN
J-7/F-7------------30 (MiG-21 copy)
J-8----------------48 (Su-15 copy?)
JH-7---------------35
Total----------713

India
Airforce
All of our fighters are BVR capable!
Navy
All our fighters are BVR capable!

Jaguar, MiG-27, A-5, Mirage-5 are bombers and don't have Air to Air radars. So they are excluded.

When the world is moving towards BVR fighters with semi-stealth or stealth features, we have our neighbours who are operating BVR-less fighters and buying new ones. While India has upgraded their MiG-21Bis to BVR capable Bisons with HMS and all the goodies, these counties are still operating these relics. There have been rumours that Pakistan's Mirage-3s are BVR capable, but there is no concrete proof(only a Think Tank said that pakistan is getting south african darter missiles, but as we all know Think Tanks are often wrong in their predictions and their analysis, plus no proof photo or written news from established sources says that they are BVR capable). Pakistan acquired brand new F-7PGs just 10 years ago while India was busy inducting Su-30s. While Bangladesh is still yet to receive their BVR-less F-7BGI in the age of Super Sukhoi's, Rafales and MiG-29Ks.

So what gives? For heaven sakes, lets not talk about "we will get this, we will get that X years or XX years from now" fanboy bullshit and be objective for once. This is the situation NOW! Currently at present!!! If a war starts now, or in 2 years from now, your future dream-planes will not fight for you.

What is the logic behind this move? They don't value the life of their individual pilots and plan to win by numbers? Is it corruption? Incompetence? Lack of fore thought? It is perplexing to say the least.

------------

Thread closed, as the starter of the thread has no idea what he is talking about, nor he has done proper research, nor he is accepting his own countrymen arguments that IAF is still not wholly BVR capable.

Better to do more research and then open threads on technical matters.

By the way, Chinese J-8s thought to be BVR-less by thread starter, are in reality very much BVR capable.

You are the who should do proper research. They still haven't given proof for their claims that IAF fighters(not bombers) are not BVR capable, and neither have you. And for J-8, i clearly said - "If you have a better source please post it along with how many of them are with BVR capable." That pic you posted could very well be a a pic taken during testing.

So you close threads when you feel like it? Nice moderator ethics. Keep it up!

Well I posted that to his PM, but PM feature is turned off in this forum.

Besides, who the hell cares anyway. :lol:

Another vis a vis thread! I see no prospect so I am going to refrain.

Mods :mod:

lol.. if you can't counter the points why don't you shut up. Besides, this is not a vs thread.

lol.. if you can't counter the points why don't you shut up. Besides, this is not a vs thread.

Whats there to counter? You absolutely have no idea what you are talking about! Since when Pakistan has started procuring BVR-less aircrafts in current scenario? PGs were procured decades ago, heard about JFT? They'll be replacing old birds, but apparently you seem too ignorant to take this into account.

Bison! Aye! Those flying coffins.

Sigh... i wasn't talking about pakistan. See the previous thread.

AwJeez+NotThisAgain1266562658.jpg

image-CB0B_50702E3D.jpg

@Mods, pls close this thread & @OP u will now be turned into a pinky :D

I suspect he is not even an Indian as Indians are capable of doing fifth generation stealth trolling while he is fighting first generation sword to sword fight, way behind from the current times :lol:

JK, nothing personal :angel:

It's natural and normal for a Pakistani to say that after knowing whatever Mig-21s had done to you :D
And please write correctly its Mig-21 not 25

Reported your post wi love

I don't think capabilities matter. Only thing matter is result.
If we go by logic of capabilities Pak should have won every war. Why it doesn't ??? Simple you need something more than capabilities

Do you even know Breguet is primarily a reconnaissance a/c? Your glorious Bison rather should be ashamed of targeting an unarmed a/c, huh!.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom