What's new

Why are government officials able to hold foreign nationalities? We are compromised.

THIS. Nationality itself has nothing to do with it. It's only when they know they can get away with it, whether they have nationality of not. After all, these dual nationals aren't the only corrupt and/or disloyal officials, are they?
Nationality is half of it. Accountability is the other half.

I can never trust anyone to govern a country when he has a back-up plan if shit hits the fan. They are inherently untrustable. Also where do your loyalties lie if as a government official you hold nationalities of foreign countries?

These people can be utilised by foreign nations easily. And they won't bear the consequences for f*cking up.

Govt Officials ? Aby humare COAS jo Mulk ki bari bari baaten kerte hai, Retire hote hi Foreign countries bhaag jaate hai... First they say Pakistan Zindabad, once retired than Pakistan se Zindabhaag LOL
Such as?

Government official is a very imprecise term. The guy looking after tube wells in some remote village is also "a government official."

Nationality is half of it. Accountability is the other half.

I can never trust anyone to govern a country when he has a back-up plan if shit hits the fan. They are inherently untrustable. Also where do your loyalties lie if as a government official you hold nationalities of foreign countries?

These people can be utilised by foreign nations easily. And they won't bear the consequences for f*cking up.
Once again sir, that lack of accountability. Dual Nationality is just one of many means of escaping accountability. They know they will get away, by means of having a dual nationality of otherwise.
Do you think they would do any of this criminal shit here if we had working extradition treaty with their other country? They wouldn't because, dual nationality wouldn't help them in that case.

But, if you want to close one door that lets them escape accountability, banning dual nationality can help but there is also a downside. What about dual national professionals like Tania Aidrus, (who was reportedly wby the very loyal, single nationality having chairman of NITB). I think Dr. Sania Nishtar also has dual nationality.

Banning dual nationlity is only plugging one of many leak that can be better address in other ways.

And the biggest example of all, do bajwa, dirty harry etc have dual nationality? Or did they do it because they thought they would get away with it. It comes down to unchecked power and lack of accountability.

Once again sir, that lack of accountability. Dual Nationality is just one of many means of escaping accountability. They know they will get away, by means of having a dual nationality of otherwise.
Do you think they would do any of this criminal shit here if we had working extradition treaty with their other country? They wouldn't because, dual nationality wouldn't help them in that case.

But, if you want to close one door that lets them escape accountability, banning dual nationality can help but there is also a downside. What about dual national professionals like Tania Aidrus, (who was reportedly wby the very loyal, single nationality having chairman of NITB). I think Dr. Sania Nishtar also has dual nationality.
A handful of cases can be allowed if they are hired temporarily and supervised, but as a general rule it should not be allowed.

Such as?

Government official is a very imprecise term. The guy looking after tube wells in some remote village is also "a government official."
It is unlikely that an individual having dual nationality would be in a lower socio economic strata.

A significant portion of individuals having dual nationality would probably be educated with enough resources to qualify for citizenship in two countries. They would more likely be in bureaucratic postions in state machinery rather than its labour division.

If your future is not realistically tied to that of your nation, it allows for corruption to seep in.

Last edited:
Such as?

That's nitpicking. If implemented, there can be rules such as govt official above a certain scale or in certain departments.

Pakistan is compromised at a national level - no doubt a significant portion of these officials are compromised moles.

A law must be introduced that completely bans government officials from holding dual nationalities.

How is it that the COAS can retire and go abroad immediately. Is it because he has told everything during his tenure to the enemy?

there is no rule of law in Pakistan. only danda, dha mafia carries it.

There are OCI (Overseas Citizen of India) card holders. which is as nearly as good a citizenship. With the added "benefit" of being able to take it away from people who are being too uppity...
Indians are pragmatic and long-term thinkers.

I'm wondering if Pakistan is simply missing such minds or is the nepotism and corruption seeped so deep inside that they simply don't make it to the top.

I feel it's the second because I've met too many intelligent Pakistanis.

Nepotism for far too long and now the situation is meritocracy is an exception rather than a rule.

Add to the fact that, retired army personnels are given positions out of the blue through sifarish.

The good people have done a runner abroad, have their own businesses, are smart enough to game the system and the rest simply don’t give a damn.

Previously we were revolving around a blackhole, now the gravitational force is pulling the Pakistani spaceship very close. Coming out of it looks to be increasingly difficult.

@Bleek

I have a theory, although it may sound a bit outlandish CT- that the Brits deliberately planted their agents in the Pak half of new Dominions that were created out of the erstwhile British Indian Empire. They (the Anglo-American alliance) needed to control Pak, because it was to watch USSR and also keep an eye on the Straits of Hormuz, the jugular vein of the world oil trade. They had no such interest in the Indian half so there was no pressing need to keep their sepoys in place.

Regards

@Bleek

I have a theory, although it may sound a bit outlandish CT- that the Brits deliberately planted their agents in the Pak half of new Dominions that were created out of the erstwhile British Indian Empire. They (the Anglo-American alliance) needed to control Pak, because it was to watch USSR and also keep an eye on the Straits of Hormuz, the jugular vein of the world oil trade. They had no such interest in the Indian half so there was no pressing need to keep their sepoys in place.

Regards
But this could be done without attempting to make Pakistan a banana republic, they could have just sought normal co-operation like they did against USSR/Afghanistan.

The more likely theory for "sepoys" is that they feel threatened by Pakistan and see it as an Islamist radical threat, so keep it weak.

In fact many Americans have written about this.

20230119_084432.jpg

Back
Top Bottom