What's new

Why Arabs lost all its wars to Israel despite outnumbering Israel in weapons and manpower?

the time have a good enough air force to cover our armies deep into Sinai and no mobile air defense so the plan was to cross the canal destroy the barliv line which they said the strongest in history wait for the isreali counter attack and defend against it inflicting heavy losses on the isrealis until we can retake Sinai by negotiations from a position of power our armed forces did that everything was going according to plan until pressure from Syria and the soviet untion made us advance outside the cover of our air defense to help the Syrians things were not going well
I agree with you on some of it, but I don't agree with the last part.
The russian didn't put any pressure on Egypt, until your two armies were surrounded and unable to supply them..Syria entered the war in the wrong time, under pressure from Sadat who lied to El Assad. Assad wanted to attack in the morning when the sun was behind them, and not when the sun is in front of them and at a time where Egypt hasn't even engaged the IDF in the canal.
The IDF was stopped at the deversoir and pushed back in the Sinai with heavy losses, that where Ariel Sharon lost his tank brigade and 700 of his men to the Algerian 8th BB. The war was winnable and was within reach if Sadat didn't give the order to stop the hostilities, after he learned of his brother, a pilot of the EAF. After that , you know the rest...

My friend, read my post. The war was a win for Egypt but unlimited American support saved Israel. The result was a defeat for Egypt.
That is not an excuse, the Russians, Yugoslavia, Lybia and Algeria re-armed Egypt...like the americans did with Israel. Sadat had a limited plan, to retake the Suez Canal and negotiate, like@ Mahmoud_Egypt wrote above.
Due to his actions arab states lost a lot...

It is true that the Algerian troops and commandos fought valiantely in the deversoir, but How about the Egyptians in Ismaelia, mostly police and civilians!? The Algerian brigade was a support brigade to the Egyptians...
Not true! The Algerian brigade was not authorized to join the front until the deversoir was under Ariel Sharon control. Egyptian tanks units were laminated by Sharon.
The Second Egyptian army has never been surrounded, actually it has surrounded Sharon brigades who were trying to encircle the 3rd army.. Sharon himself said after the war that he did not now at that time and place who was surrounding whom..
That maybe a mistake of my part, but two of the Egyptian armies were surrounded. Ismailia was defended by Algerians .
dzarmy 6 18 16 general-benhadid-600x338.jpg

General Benhadid the Algerian 8TH BB commander.

I see endless posts on the 'military incompetence' of the Arabs, after analysis I find it simply untrue. All the defeats had a definite reason.

In fact look up Hizbullah or Hamas's military wing on youtube. How these people perform against Israel, despite the massive odds against them, is awe inspiring.

The answer is rather simple. The Israëli armed forces were led by capable men that excel in their enviroment whilst the Arabs were led by incapable ultra nationalists that had no actual skill in the art of war. Plus the Israëli's were really handy in using what little resources they had to their full advantage. Which is probably the reason why Israel today has a proper advanced defence industry while not a single Arab country has something remotely comparable.

I agree with you on some of it, but I don't agree with the last part.
The russian didn't put any pressure on Egypt, until your two armies were surrounded and unable to supply them..Syria entered the war in the wrong time, under pressure from Sadat who lied to El Assad. Assad wanted to attack in the morning when the sun was behind them, and not when the sun is in front of them and at a time where Egypt hasn't even engaged the IDF in the canal.
The IDF was stopped at the deversoir and pushed back in the Sinai with heavy losses, that where Ariel Sharon lost his tank brigade and 700 of his men to the Algerian 8th BB. The war was winnable and was within reach if Sadat didn't give the order to stop the hostilities, after he learned of his brother, a pilot of the EAF. After that , you know the rest...

[/ATTACH]
General Benhadid the Algerian 8TH BB commander.
many of what you say is not true I don't know where do you get your information it was airbone and thunderbolt infantry who defended the city of Ismailia
also we had the 2nd and 3rd army none of them surrendered you realize that this I discussed the war here with isrealis westerns and I talked to some of the brave men who fought in the war but this is the first time I see someone say that.
suez was defended Stalingrad style
about algrian help no one is denying it but it is not as effective as you make it sound like if so can you tell me the number of algrian troops sent and the casualties they inflicted
last thing in war you set objectives for your armed forces if they accomplish it they win it is simple we got exactly what we wanted from the war our army won back his reputation after the 67 war we crossed we held our ground and the Israelis suffered on the Egyptian front like they never did before and we have Sinai back now and peace we won it is as simple as that

The answer is rather simple. The Israëli armed forces were led by capable men that excel in their enviroment whilst the Arabs were led by incapable ultra nationalists that had no actual skill in the art of war. Plus the Israëli's were really handy in using what little resources they had to their full advantage. Which is probably the reason why Israel today has a proper advanced defence industry while not a single Arab country has something remotely comparable.
at least we are not supporting terrorists btw in this war if you really know what you are talking about our special forces did what some would say the impossible our use of SAMs and ATGMs made most countries around the world rethink their tactics crossing the canal and destroying the barliv line was not simple matter we in Egypt there is a good military industry

many of what you say is not true I don't know where do you get your information it was airbone and thunderbolt infantry who defended the city of Ismailia
also we had the 2nd and 3rd army none of them surrendered you realize that this I discussed the war here with isrealis westerns and I talked to some of the brave men who fought in the war but this is the first time I see someone say that.
suez was defended Stalingrad style
about algrian help no one is denying it but it is not as effective as you make it sound like if so can you tell me the number of algrian troops sent and the casualties they inflicted
last thing in war you set objectives for your armed forces if they accomplish it they win it is simple we got exactly what we wanted from the war our army won back his reputation after the 67 war we crossed we held our ground and the Israelis suffered on the Egyptian front like they never did before and we have Sinai back now and peace we won it is as simple as that

at least we are not supporting terrorists btw in this war if you really know what you are talking about our special forces did what some would say the impossible our use of SAMs and ATGMs made most countries around the world rethink their tactics crossing the canal and destroying the barliv line was not simple matter we in Egypt there is a good military industry

Wasnt trying to insult you.

Who said that they lost all wars? Only the 1967 war can be considered a victory for Israel. The 1948 war ended in stalemate. The 1956 war ended with Israel winning with the help of British and French but withdrawing back. And the 1973 war ended with Israel giving back Sinai
1948 Israel conquers its land back, Israeli military, strategic. political victory
1956 Israel was the main force, with a little bit of support troops from France and the UK
1973 ended up with Israel giving back the Sinai? the Sinai was given only in 1979, after the Egyptians wanted to make a peace treaty.
In other words, bullshit.

One of the dog fights was because 1 pilot lost his temper even thou he had an advantage over the israeli mirage. The israeli pilot was testing him and he lost his temper thats how he got behind him. Even thou he won that fight the israeli dude always had respect for that pilot.

1948 Israel conquers its land back, Israeli military, strategic. political victory
1956 Israel was the main force, with a little bit of support troops from France and the UK
1973 ended up with Israel giving back the Sinai? the Sinai was given only in 1979, after the Egyptians wanted to make a peace treaty.
would we have Sinai back if not for victory in the war?

I see endless posts on the 'military incompetence' of the Arabs, after analysis I find it simply untrue. All the defeats had a definite reason.

In fact look up Hizbullah or Hamas's military wing on youtube. How these people perform against Israel, despite the massive odds against them, is awe inspiring.

That happends when there is no aid from outside for Usrael and it fights on its own (no US, France or Britain in the picture) , it just shows how incompetent they really are...

That happends when there is no aid from outside for Usrael and it fights on its own (no US, France or Britain in the picture) , it just shows how incompetent they really are...

Israels victories are due to:
1. Support from the west
2. own goals by the Arabs ( the view of gen. Gamasy).
3. Ownership of the media which endlessly praises them.

To quote an American officer in Lebanon; 'this is a 7th rate army fighting a tenth rate army.'

Last edited:

1948 Israel conquered some land but lost some other around Latrun
1956 I wouldnt call 80.000 French and British troops a small force
1973 Obviously the fact that Sinai was given back had to do with the difficulties the Israel faced in that war

. He moved Egypt into the US/Zionist camp, for large amounts of American money. It is America's whore. Where it remains today with the present government. The morsi government would have changed that, this is why the death of democracy in Egypt received no complaints from the 'liberal democratic' west.
Don't you know about the latest arms deals by Egypt from East and west from sources other than US..?!?
Don't you know that US and UK always critsize Egypt and they stopped arming Egypt for 2 years..?!
Don't you know that Egypt refused to join US in the anti-terrorism coalition in Syria..?!

1948 Israel conquered some land but lost some other around Latrun
1956 I wouldnt call 80.000 French and British troops a small force
1973 Obviously the fact that Sinai was given back had to do with the difficulties the Israel faced in that war
Israel conquered much more than it lost, in 1948 Israel was one, against 8 countries, their objective was to destroy us, our objective was to defend ourselves, and we did it.
1956- 80,000 British and French, and 175,000 Israelis, not to mention not all the French and British were deployed, and most of them were behind the Israelis. So how did Egypt win any war? since it never attacked Israel alone? your own logic.
1973- Israel didn't face difficulties more than it faced in 1967, Israel gave Gaza in 2005, you think we faced difficulties?

Israels victories are due to:
1. Support from the west
2. own goals by the Arabs ( the view of gen. Gamasy).
3. Ownership of the media which endlessly praises them.

To quote an American officer in Lebanon; 'this is a 7th rate army fighting a tenth rate army.'
1967- Support from the west? hell, 1948? No support

would we have Sinai back if not for victory in the war?
Idiot, how come you won the war, if your goal was to conquer the Sinai, while you only got it in 1979?

One of the dog fights was because 1 pilot lost his temper even thou he had an advantage over the israeli mirage. The israeli pilot was testing him and he lost his temper thats how he got behind him. Even thou he won that fight the israeli dude always had respect for that pilot.
Who are you talking about?

Back
Top Bottom