What's new

Who's taking NA-55?

And PML-N is popular for ????

Nothing but its anti-Zardari sentiments which makes PML-N sounds popular.

what is it popular for doesnt really matter. what matters is that they have public support. im not defending PML N here but only statin the reality.

Awan on way to win with 71,441 votes in NA-55
Updated at: 2126 PST, Wednesday, February 24, 2010
LAHORE: Pakistan Muslim League-N candidate Shakil Awan has secured a decisive lead of 71,441 votes against Sheikh Rashid who has bagged 44,549 in today’s by-election in NA-55 Constituency.

So far unofficial results of 216 polling stations have been received.

Awan on way to win with 71,441 votes in NA-55 - GEO.tv

now its very hard to say that all the 25000 extra votes were fake
its a clear victory

Roughly one third turn out?

It will be interesting to see how many votes PTI recieved.

well Punjabi is under the heavy influence of PML-N so i was confident about the similar results though i was hoping little more support for Sh Rasheed but looks like his link with Musharraf government still costing him

well Punjabi is under the heavy influence of PML-N so i was confident about the similar results though i was hoping little more support for Sh Rasheed but looks like his link with Musharraf government still costing him

He has manged to get 40,000+ votes only because PPP's candidate was not there and all anti-PML-N votes went into his pocket. What I see in the streets of Rawalpindi is that people do not cast their votes just because they like someone but actually they vote because they dis-like someone

He has manged to get 40,000+ votes only because PPP's candidate was not there and all anti-PML-N votes went into his pocket. What I see in the streets of Rawalpindi is that people do not cast their votes just because they like someone but actually they vote because they dis-like someone

quite true

Roughly one third turn out?

It will be interesting to see how many votes PTI recieved.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:IK shd hang up his political boots.:tdown:
i feel sorry for s/rashid but he is history also.:cry:

Clear Victory of PML-N

Cannot be cheated because whole Media Eyes were Glued on to Polling Stations .

Well i live in the NA-55 constituency.We People were all expecting that Sheikh Rashid would win this time but when the result has surprised everyone here in Rawalpindi.
This Battle that Sheikh Rashid has lost inspite of PPP support is a big lesson to everyone.PML-N it seems have a complete grip on Punjab and Especially this RWP-ISL area.

Awan on way to win with 73000 votes

Ok.Shakil Awan got 70,000 votes and Shiekh Rashid 46000.

In Elections of 2008 PML-N got 71,000 votes and sheikh rashed got 15000 votes.

So basically it is now decided that Rawalpindi Votes on the basis of Party rather than People.

Money can buy anything

yesterday's Capital Talk Mr Hamid Mir with Mr Irfan and Mr Farooq Aqdas did target killing (in Media) of Seikh Rasheed. I think its very unfortinuate:devil:

Sh Rasheed Ahmed is saying Dhandli hoe hai :rofl:

Money can buy anything

yesterday's Capital Talk Mr Hamid Mir with Mr Irfan and Mr Farooq Aqdas did target killing (in Media) of Seikh Rasheed. I think its very unfortinuate:devil:

Yup i also agree that Program Last Night did a lot of damage to sheikh Rasheed although i am neutral(Well a little towards PML-N)Still that shouldn't have been done.PML-N has also done pretty bad things but they only targeted sheikh rasheed.

The unofficial results continue to pour in. According to unofficial results of 221 polling stations,
Shakil Awan has secured a decisive lead of 73,766 votes against Sheikh Rashid who has bagged 46,022 votes in today’s by-polls.

The total number of registered voters is 333,928 in NA-55 where 250 polling stations were set up.

:what:

Not a “unpredicted” result. But there was a major shifts in his personality. For years he used filthiest possible language against BB but in his last moment he was calling her Shaheed.

But “in-depth analysis” may reveal some questions, was this person really that important for Nawaz league that whole PMLN top brass was more than 100% involved in an aggressive campaign.

At least for me it was sad that son of Waris Mir who has somewhat maintained impartial image as an anchor became a party in this election

Back
Top Bottom