Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Gen. V.K. Singh

Votes: 37 64.9%
  • Sushma Swaraj

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • any other

Votes: 6 10.5%

• Total voters
I did notice and if i am not mistaken it was 5.66 laks..... That was a huge margin.... But some how i dont like him....

Modi prefer their ministers only on the basis of merit.If his ministership dont irritate other forces he will be the next defence minister

Modi prefer their ministers only on the basis of merit.If his ministership dont irritate other forces he will be the next defence minister

How to judge whether he irritates other forces or not?

How to judge whether he irritates other forces or not?

As a former Army General I expect a more pro Army attitude from him.In some case it may irritate other forces.But due to the Modi's absolute control he has severe limitations

i read somewhere that Modi requested free hand in selecting ministers during his discussion with Rss....

His success in gujarat was not because of his ministers but the bureaucrats he selected.... It will be interesting to see howmany portfolios he himself is going to handle and which are the bureaucrats he select for key ministries....
I'm not sure bureaucrats can be selected that easily at the national level, because the bureaucrats have their own heirarchy and promotion policies. Modi cannot bring in outsiders into the bureaucracy. He would have the freedom to choose some people for some posts, depending on their seniority in the chain. So while he can have a free hand in appoining ministers, his hand won't be that free in appointing bureaucrats - there will be limitations.

No chance of VK Singh being the defence minister - he is too new to politics to be given one of the Big 4 portfolios. Sushma Swaraj is a strong possibility - maybe Gen Singh gets the Minister of State job in Defence.

@Abingdonboy @sancho in all probability VK singh will be the MoS Defense with an est. politician being the DM.

I guess, Modi will do the same for all key ministries.

As per thiings going Gen VK Singh can MoS in defense not MOD for sure...

ideally it should be VK singh.
He knows all in and outs of defence forces

And wasn't able to provide his army with howitzers or anything, because he had no control of the corruption within. Not really a good sign for a coming DM and the fact that he basically used the media while he was an IA official for his own reasons also sets the wrong example to the forces, but it obviously comes handy now when he is in politics.

From what I have read about his views about defence, I would find Varun Gandhi to be a quiet interesting option.

'Integration, joint planning needed to bolster national security' - Hindustan Times

@Abingdonboy @sancho in all probability VK singh will be the MoS Defense with an est. politician being the DM.

I guess, Modi will do the same for all key ministries.

Possible, but I hope he wants to change things in India and not just continue the same old habits, by giving ministries to a bunch of old guys with old thinking only. Sometimes you need fresh ideas and a change of course to make things better.

Not V.K singh..there are allegations he is promoting his brother in law.But someone firm and with defence exp as best scenario..firm is most importance.He needs to stand up to lobbies and give ditherers a kick up the arse...needs shaking up strating with MoD and OFB.

No way VK Singh, despite coming from a defence background all he has done is tarnish the image of the Indian Army whilst in office (during his last few months as COAS) and since leaving the IA. He is disliked by the current top brass of the IA immensely and doesn't seem to be able to look past his own ego so he wouldn't be able to have a meaningful dialogue with the IA chiefs and his appointment as Def Min would likely not be well received by the IAF and IN who might worry that he would focus on IA issues too much.

Whilst I would like someone with a defence background I don't want that person to be VK Singh.

Last edited:
It will be a toss between Rajnath, Jaitley or Ananth Kumar. VK Singh is to junior and hot headed to be a DM. Best case MoS for Defence

This V,K.Singh seems like a slightly controversial individual. He would be better off as an advisor or as a MoS in Defence.

We need someone else, some really strong and decisive.

Back
Top Bottom