What's new

Who was the most influential person in the whole human history?

@TeesraIndiotHunter

Muhammad(SAW) didn't write the Quran...and rather than comparing we should be emphasizing what his role was as the final messenger and how it differed from other biblical prophets. Other than that you made some good points, did you write all of that?

@TeesraIndiotHunter

You are not the first person with such an opinion.

The 100: A Ranking of the Most Influential Persons in History - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The first person on Hart's list is the Prophet of Islam Muhammad,[2] a selection that generated some controversy.[3] Hart asserted that Muhammad was "supremely successful" in both the religious and secular realms. He also believed that Muhammad's role in the development of Islam was far more influential than Jesus' collaboration in the development of Christianity. He attributes the development of Christianity to St. Paul, who played a pivotal role in its dissemination.

The central human figure of Islam, regarded by Muslims as a prophet of God and the last messenger. Active as a social reformer, diplomat, merchant, philosopher, orator, legislator, military leader, humanitarian, philanthropist.

It's not a coincidence that Muhammad is the most popular name in the world today. By far.

Another link:

The Wisdom Fund - Most Influential Person In History

Last edited:
Muhammad (pbuh) and Jesus (pbuh) both were influentials but Muhammad (pbuh) was one man with several attributes.

He was king of Arabia.

He was supreme leader of whole Arabian peninsula.

He was a religious leader / preacher. Even though he was born in a pagan tribe but he was deeply irked by polytheism and idolatry during that time in Arabia. He preached strict monotheism to polytheist Arabs.

He was a warrior. Fought at least 100 wars in his lifetime. Actively participated in more than 30 wars.

He was a military commander. Brought whole Arabian peninsula under his supreme military leadership.

He was secular in his governance. He never imposed Islamic laws to non-Muslims. Jews were governed by Torah / Moses' ten commandments (Mosaic Laws), Christians by Gospel of Jesus.

He was social reformer. Arabs were extremely barbaric during that time. Used to do all heinous activities such as burying new born girls, dancing with half naked women. Prophet denounced it and imposed punishment to barbaric Arabs who used to kill new born girl. There is a verse in Quran saying 'Don't kill your child.' This verse was revealed when there was widespread killing going on to new born girls in Arabia.

He was non-racial person. He said in his last sermon that 'Arabs and non-Arabs are equal. White and black are equal'.

Muhammad (pbuh) was highly successful in leadership but I feel he was little harsh towards Jews compared to other group Mushriks (Pagans) and he was weak towards Christians since they saved Prophet's companions from Pagan Quraish tribe when they were persecuted and treated harshly in Makkah. He infact said (mentioned in Bukhari and Muslim Hadiths), Christians are closer to Muslims and I am brother to Jesus. Let Christians pray in Ka'aba along with us. We will pray in west direction and they will pray in east direction.

Muhammad (Pbuh) was the most influential person in human history.

Last edited:
@TeesraIndiotHunter @al-Hasani @IamBengali

While Muhammad was the most Influential person of his Age without any shred of doubt, in my opinion you people are making a logical error by proclaiming him as most influential person in history of world.

I believe many of you must have heard of butterfly effect. The most popular derivation of this effect is that even small perturbations add up overtime to cause statistically significant effects but one of another derivation of the theory is that; as you go back into history, even small events tend to gain importance by virtue of them being having the ability to influence events that came after them.

In other words, An A priori is always more important than an A prosteriori . Had there been no Moses, there would have been no Muhammad or Christ which would make Moses more influential than Muhammad when compared within Abrahamic Religion.

It is absurd to Answer the question of "Who is most influential person".

If thought of logically, the most influential person in Human History would be that person who discovered fire which allowed primitive Brains of proto homo-sapiens to develop as cooked meat is more digestible than raw meat.

@AUSTERLITZ

Mohammad or Newton certainly.Muhammad one must acknowledge was more influential than christ.Christianity's success came after his death and owed much to his disciples and constantine adopting it.Muhammad laid down the foundations of his success himself,so i agree.I'm not saying greatest,smartest,most powerful but on influential i agree.

The only real competitors except christ are 2 others - First isaac newton.This man changed science inside out.His inventions on every single field are just groundbeaking.Physics was newton,far more influential than einstein.There's a reason Pope wrote in his epitaph -
''Nature and nature's laws hid in night;
God said let newton be,and all was light.''

Another serious competitor and i mean probably even more than newton would be karl marx.This guy is highly controversial and the communist experiment didn't exactly work out.However his observations of capitalist industrialism,the trends of human economic development and mode of production in pastoral,feudal and industrialized societies plus the causes of social inequality are proving more right every day,he also was one of the founders of modern social science,minimum wages etc.As science advances rapidly and religion's future is increasingly uncertain with atheism and materialism expanding in a 100-200 yrs one may have to say he is the one.His writings are very relevant today and is likely to remain so for a long time to come as globalized corporations now control the world economy.Like him,hate him u have to acknowledge him.
BBC News | World | Marx the millennium's 'greatest thinker'
Won a vote in britain of all places,not a place that likes communism.

The final candidate i can think of is darwin.His theory of evolution simply turned the world upside down and gave science its answer versus creationism theory.Completely changed human history evaluation and how man looked at the past.On the negative side his motto 'survival of the fittest' was misused by many dictators/imperialists in the defence of colonialism/racism/lebensraum in the east etc that led to massive numbers of human deaths and suffering.So influence was both positive and negative,but influence nonetheless.He too is thus very influential in the larger scheme of things.

On fire i agree,but i don't think it was one person as such.I think many of the ape-men discovered it seperately in different places -perhaps seperated by years but eventually.

Adam. First man on earth.:enjoy: But on a more serious note the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

Last edited:
21_107.png

And We have not sent you, [O Muhammad], except as a mercy to the worlds.

68_4.png

And indeed, you are of a great moral character.
68:4

mahathma gandhi
gaudama buddha
jesus christ
martin luther king
nelson mandela
mother teresa

without a second thought,

Prophet Muhammad saas, the orphan who adopted the world :)
may Allah's peace and blessing be upon the final Prophet of mankind..

Last edited:
Among Bengalis most influential was Sheikh Mujibur Rahman (Bangladesh founder) according to BBC. Followed by Rabindranath Tagore.

Mohammad or Newton certainly.Muhammad one must acknowledge was more influential than christ.Christianity's success came after his death and owed much to his disciples and constantine adopting it.Muhammad laid down the foundations of his success himself,so i agree.I'm not saying greatest,smartest,most powerful but on influential i agree.

Saint Paul is credited to have more contributions in Christianity than Jesus Christ. Muhammad (pbuh) was born 600 years after Jesus was born. When prophet started preaching Islam in Arabia he was harshly treated by his own Quraish tribe. Despite several attacks by his uncle Abu Lahab and his relatives except Abu Talib, his elder uncle he never stopped preaching Islam. His followers were tortured and many were killed. He urged his followers to seek shelter to Egyptian Christians. He will bear the torture but will not let his followers to get treated harshly. His companions ran away to Egypt and seek shelter to Christians of Egypt when Allah sent a verse in Quran, "O Muhammad, the most affection you will get among people of the book are those who say 'we are Christians' because these people are highly tolerant and have ruled over the world." Prophet advised his followers to go to Egypt. They went there and a Christian king and his people gave protection.

Last edited:
Jean Chancel - The person who invented the modern self igniting match and thereby freed humanity from the sun as a fire starter.

Shen Kuo - The person who first noted effects of magnetism and astronomy for navigation

Michael Faraday - For his sheer genius and contribution to modern life

Brahmagupta - For the Zero

Above is not in any specific order, but, what they did changed the destiny of humanity.

Muhammad SAW all the way, he is what every leader should be, he was a politician, a military commander and tactician, religious preacher, humanitarian, philanthropist, a businessman, an orator and much more.....
In short he was the most complete leader of all times.....

Back
Top Bottom