What's new

WHO WAS BEHIND LAHORE 3/3 Terror Attacks

Punjab govt knew about attack on Sri Lankan team.

LAHORE: Intelligence sources had apprised the Punjab government of possibility of terror attack on Sri Lankan team following which former chief minister Shahbaz Sharif had issued orders to step up security arrangements.
Punjab govt knew about attack on Sri Lankan team

Seems like Shahbaz Sharif removal had a part to play in the the attack.

You have an unbelievably whacked way of thinking.

Even if bonga NS was in power, the security would most likely have been exactly the same. Bonga's brother does not take security secrets away with him, not to be shared with anyone else.

President, PM call Sri Lankan President
Updated at: 1728 PST, Tuesday, March 03, 2009
ISLAMABAD: President Asif Ali Zardari and Prime Minister Syed Yousuf Raza Gilani spoke to Sir Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa on phone and assured him that perpetrators of the Sri Lankan team attack would be brought to justice.

The President and PM expressed their sympathy with the Sri Lankan players too.

President, PM call Sri Lankan President - GEO.tv

Younis Khan addresses press conference in Lahore
Updated at: 1716 PST, Tuesday, March 03, 2009
LAHORE: Pakistan cricket team captain Younis Khan has expressed his sadness over Lahore incident, Geo news reported on Tuesday.

Addressing a press conference at Gaddafi Stadium here, Younis Khan said Sri Lankan team was visiting Pakistan to show solidarity with Pakistan cricket.

Younis Khan addresses press conference in Lahore - GEO.tv

The Grenade Launcher is a FAKE! I saw it on the TV and its skin looked very thin (like made out of a tin can). It is most certainly not capable to fire a rocket based on its design and it is most certainly not an US Army LAW. This is simply a well made mock-up!!! Why was it left behind? well that's a good question isn't it! :what:

It was easy to fire a rocket launcher than trying with the assault rifle and they seem to miss both the buses. Wow speak about advanced training.

Sri Lanka uncertain who attacked cricket team: official
Updated at: 1218 PST, Tuesday, March 03, 2009
COLOMBO: A Sri Lankan government official said Tuesday it was uncertain who was behind an attack in Pakistan on the island's national cricket team, but said Islamabad has promised the perpetrators will be found.

"We are uncertain as to who perpetrated this attack," Foreign Secretary Palitha Kohona told foreign news agency.

"I have heard the LTTE (Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam) mentioned on the airwaves.

There is considerable speculation, but we will await the outcome of the investigation before we comment," he said.

"We are reassured that Pakistan authorities are conducting a probe to arrest the assailants and bring them to justice."

Sri Lanka uncertain who attacked cricket team: official - GEO.tv

Younis lauds bravery of security force personnel
Updated at: 1728 PST, Tuesday, March 03, 2009
LAHORE: Pakistan cricket team captain Younis Khan has expressed his sadness over attack on Sri Lankan team in Lahore on Tuesday.

Addressing a press conference at Gaddafi Stadium here, Younis Khan said Sri Lankan team was visiting Pakistan to show solidarity with Pakistan cricket and the people. The Pakistani skipper expressed his satisfaction that no Sri Lankan player was hurt in shooting incident.

Younis said Sri Lankan team also termed the incident ‘unfortunate’ and thanked the Pakistani people for extending great hospitality. He said Sri Lankan players thanked bus driver Meher Khalil at the airport and great off-spinner Muthaiya Murlidharan presented him with his shirt.

Younis said only Pakistan and Sri Lanka were two teams playing cricket globally in bad security environment. He said Pakistani team toured Sri Lanka despite deteriorating security situation.

Younis lauds bravery of security force personnel - GEO.tv

FM 23-25CHAPTER 2 (M72-SERIES LAW, OPERATION AND FUNCTION )

44933e4e7d0ed326b6b725301f15b766.gif

5cd3cf37e08f85e6e6a3d8253480b8d6.gif

63afef4972e0058d63573268aa9d32e3.gif

232034b8b0482af1dfd19e2a7b378814.gif

236dbf818ff7a512db9f85a44a7e48c5.gif

992b379d051c1f57a837aae31a58f58c.gif

Sri Lanka uncertain who attacked cricket team: official
Updated at: 1218 PST, Tuesday, March 03, 2009
COLOMBO: A Sri Lankan government official said Tuesday it was uncertain who was behind an attack in Pakistan on the island's national cricket team, but said Islamabad has promised the perpetrators will be found.

"We are uncertain as to who perpetrated this attack," Foreign Secretary Palitha Kohona told foreign news agency.

"I have heard the LTTE (Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam) mentioned on the airwaves.

There is considerable speculation, but we will await the outcome of the investigation before we comment," he said.

"We are reassured that Pakistan authorities are conducting a probe to arrest the assailants and bring them to justice."

Sri Lanka uncertain who attacked cricket team: official - GEO.tv

The Sri Lankan government is indeed friendly with Pakstan :smokin:

Handy work of indians ( along with Altaf Hussain and his goons )

It's nuking time! I'm sick of india

Who is Altaf Hussain?

If only they got a hostage like Gupta. We could get him to spill the whole story for us :)

Ping me when you wake up from your dream. Then I would want to discuss with you.

Back to the possibilities
I agree that RAW could be the culprit, or some hindu terror groups or some Indian "nationalist" group which want to "teach a lesson to Pakistan" as some people claim.
What are the other possibilities?
LTTE, AlQaeda-Taliban, BLUF(?) ... from what I can gather.
LeT has its own agenda. If it can spark a war between India and Pakistan it may help its position in Kashmir.
Add more to the list.

Nobody claimed responsibility so far. Reasonable tactic considering that they want to escape. May be its too early though.

Last edited:
The angle about indian-made/india-supplied/indian-type weapons being used in this attack is very much debatable.

In India, military weapons (assault rifles, rocket launchers, grenades) are not available for sale to civilians -- the only weapons available to civilians are a few varieties of handguns, hunting/sports rifles and the most advanced weapon available is a .303 Lee Enfield bolt-action rifle! Hence, individuals carrying out terrorist attacks in India would need to bring their weapons from outside India.

Whereas the case of Pakistan is dramatically different. In Pakistan all kinds of weapons are available for sale to the general public like fruits & vegetables, is it not? Why would terrorists carrying out attacks in Pakistan need to lug weapons all the way from India when they could easily (convenience/cost/transportation/secrecy-wise) secure the needed equipment from the local 'Gun Bazaar'?

And Puhleeze!! Guys, don't compare this to the 26/11 attacks, the 2 incidents are far apart. In Mumbai, it was a cold-blooded massacre of hundreds of unarmed/unprotected civilians whereas here it was a shabby & half-hearted attack against a well-protected convoy of VIPs. Moreover, here the terrorists were fighting against well-armed security guards (commandos?) and none of the attackers were caught on the spot? VERY Very fishy... Compare that with Mumbai where the lone terrorist caught alive was caught by policemen armed with Lathis (batons)!

The angle about indian-made/india-supplied/indian-type weapons being used in this attack is very much debatable.

In India, military weapons (assault rifles, rocket launchers, grenades) are not available for sale to civilians -- the only weapons available to civilians are a few varieties of handguns, hunting/sports rifles and the most advanced weapon available is a .303 Lee Enfield bolt-action rifle! Hence, individuals carrying out terrorist attacks in India would need to bring their weapons from outside India.

Whereas the case of Pakistan is dramatically different. In Pakistan all kinds of weapons are available for sale to the general public like fruits & vegetables, is it not? Why would terrorists carrying out attacks in Pakistan need to lug weapons all the way from India when they could easily (convenience/cost/transportation/secrecy-wise) secure the needed equipment from the local 'Gun Bazaar'?

And Puhleeze!! Guys, don't compare this to the 26/11 attacks, the 2 incidents are far apart. In Mumbai, it was a cold-blooded massacre of hundreds of unarmed/unprotected civilians whereas here it was a shabby & half-hearted attack against a well-protected convoy of VIPs. Moreover, here the terrorists were fighting against well-armed security guards (commandos?) and none of the attackers were caught on the spot? VERY Very fishy... Compare that with Mumbai where the lone terrorist caught alive was caught by policemen armed with Lathis (batons)!

Nobody can buy weapons from ordnance factories in Pakistan either. However there are ways to get your hands on imported weapons as well as the cheap knockoffs that are made in the Darra. Its no different in India in terms of acquiring assault weapons that are imported or smuggled in.

Ever heard of "Black Markets"? What If I tell you that you can easily buy a 7.62MM GPMG in India? Or would you fancy an RPD With a 100 round drum Mag?

Everything's available. Everywhere.

Last edited:
What the F*** is wrong with these Indians, looks like they want to fight a dirty war. I guess now a reply from ISI should be just around the corner, i was glad that relations between both countries were getting a bit better but this was certinely a low blow from India. ISI should mobilise all its resources and the government of Pakistan should start putting pressure on India and give them a stern response :mad:. There is no doubt in my mind that RAW was behind these attacks in Lahore, i mean they have literally killed cricket inside Pakistan :mad:.

Shut up you stupid bhangee! This forum is way too tolerating of indians

Its time we kick your behinds once and for all.

WE WANT WAR!!!! :sniper::sniper::sniper::sniper::sniper:

KILL ALL INDIANS!! ( and their supportes like Altaf Bhai and his goons )

:rofl:

@mods

delete his all post!! also check his IP!!

ISI should mobilise all its resources and the government of Pakistan should start putting pressure on India and give them a stern response :mad:. There is no doubt in my mind that RAW was behind these attacks in Lahore, i mean they have literally killed cricket inside Pakistan :mad:.

There was no doubt in many Pakistanis' minds about the Marriot incident too. But it was Harkat-ul-Jihad Islami that was found to be responsible.

Back
Top Bottom