What's new

Who killed 11 Chinese troops in Gaven Reefs in 1990 ?

NiceGuy

Reaction score
Country
Viet Nam
Army since January 1988, has troops stationed seven Spratly reefs. The seven reefs are mostly suitable flooded reef, reef exposed at low tide, low tide vast expanse of water. Dizhan large reefs around everywhere, so the army only a few small reefs on the distribution and strength of comparative stagnation was at a disadvantage. Early garrison, because the defense is not perfect facilities, personnel stationed in South Reef smoked an accident occurs.

November 7, 1990, I found the Southern Command Nansha reefs lost radio contact.After the situation was reported to the South China Sea Fleet deployed immediately went to see the ship. Under the notification, the reef is a unit of Marines stationed in the preparation of 12 people, then should be 11 people (one reason temporarily off the reef). Inspectors found that the bodies of six soldiers on the reef, and another five people missing. Missing persons including reef Chang allegiance, vice reef long and correspondents. In addition to the personnel on the reef, the reef warrior Xu Huiping Yong Department reef due to the treatment of burns and survived. Inspectors found multiple bullet holes in the room, indicating where the fighting occurred. Then they picked up and from the underwater reef a few rifles, these guns are all our military garrison personnel standard rifle.

This event was caused no small vibration in the army, immediately set up by the South China Sea Fleet of the senior leadership responsible for the investigation team, in-depth and comprehensive investigation, and make rehabilitation work. Findings are confidential at the time, unable to understand the outside.

This strange incident, even if insiders are also controversial. Is encountered enemy special forces raid, fighting or other emergency occurs, the truth has not yet been fully understood.This incident, I analyzed are the following possibilities:

1, most likely by the army special forces is. Vietnamese troops in 1988, "3.14" Red Reef of Nansha sea battle at a disadvantage, must look for an opportunity to retaliate. But then I Nansha garrison high vigilance and patrolling troops, combat readiness, they are hard to find opportunities. I combined the naval prisoners of war captured in Zhanjiang Nansha trial, our government has not yet handed over to Vietnam. Since 1990, our military posture in Nansha is clear, I observe activity patterns reef and the ship's officers that they have already mastered their "revenge about" conditions ripe. According to common sense traces of science, this action does not leave any suspicious items, indicating that other means quite clever. Does not exclude the other is the master shooting, fighting, diving techniques, and even combat may wear body armor. If this action as a planned and premeditated military action, should be considered very successful. But not arbitrary conclusion is that after the successful implementation of this action the enemy, meritorious officers must reward, JiaGuanJinJue, will follow along with the media reports, trumpeted the so-called "heroic deeds", but did not. Things over the past 20 years, information and networks so advanced, Vietnam had not been seen in any public media reported. They do a job well done is confidential?

In addition to the newspaper, the Philippines, Malaysia, accounting for part of my Nansha Islands and, in theory, its military personnel have started to attack me in the reef may be. But the two countries have maintained friendly relations with China over the they dare decorum skin, desperate to take such a big political and military risks? Media in both countries are more open, we were not given any clues, so many years, it is no reflection.

2, suffered the attack defenders surrounding reefs. Smoked reef located between the southern Spratly Islands Central Zheng reefs and IX reefs, in addition to the northeast side of the Pacific Island people in China (Taiwan troops stationed) hands, the East has hung shade Island, South Island, King David, the West has a large now reefs, sandbars and other nearby Guo Qian multiple dense reefs are army occupation. It can be said for the South Vietnamese troops formed a reef smoked three sides encirclement, the enemy situation is very dangerous, I smoked reef south frail force alone, relying on the lack of defense is very fragile, vulnerable to attack. In particular, accounted for more shade hung from South Island reef smoked only five nautical miles of the island garrison enemy more than one hundred people, and they can concentrate superior forces, defense personnel to use my weak supply, clearance and Yean takeover raid, in one fell swoop I defenders annihilated.

Whatever the analysis, the Chinese people to fight Taiping Island reef south of China who smoked possibility can be ruled out entirely, thus, is the possibility of a large plot near the reefs newspaper.

3, suffered piracy. Pirates for centuries major problem affecting safety at sea. In addition to the Somali pirates, the Straits of Malacca and the South China Sea is also the place where piracy is rampant. South China Sea pirate ship armed to the teeth, evil, doing everything. Since the last century, they are often small merchant vessels, fishing vessels and a Vietnamese refugee boat to start with. Large Nansha reefs, defenders and more, they did not dare to act rashly, personnel stationed on the reef my lonely sea, they will not lay violent hands for robbing food, fresh water, food and other belongings?

4, the treacherous enemy. China has always helped our military tradition, the Nansha Islands in the past many countries vessels, many Chinese fishing boats, mainland China, Taiwan, and many of them are Vietnam, the Philippines, Malaysia Chinese fishing boat. According to the policy, if they encounter difficulties, such as illness, lack of fresh water, lack of food, lack of fuel, etc., which help to help. Our military policy is to understand the enemy, you can take advantage of this, they cleverly disguised, in Mandarin, Cantonese cotton, and even bring beautiful young woman, to be allowed to board the reef, sudden attack, so that our staff by surprise ...... Second, they induce or first part of my garrison personnel on board, to be controlled, then a multi-hit fewer attacks on the Reef staff ......

5, monotonous life hard to emergencies incentives. At that time the garrison officers heard radio, see TV for a long time not received a letter from home, and his girlfriend, the family suddenly natural disasters, etc., over time, the garrison soldiers extent possible some kind of mental disorder; or due to a life of little things, all of a sudden intensification of conflicts, it was irrational, leading to the use of force gun appears tragedy. This possibility than the previous small possibility, but not excluded.

These are just a personal guess, does not mean that the organization views. Coupled with the matter have passed nearly 20 years, long past the period of military secrecy, can tell more people, in order to allow more people to care about the motherland Spratly Islands, Nansha understand the complex situation, the guardian of the territory of the country is not easy.

The most worthy of attention and sympathy, as well as those Nansha martyrs and their families. They were found in the remains, you can locate a martyr; missing, has been difficult to characterize. I think that if they have the luck to survive, should have appeared, however slim that hope ah!

20 years of heaven and earth, and I overlooking the southern sky. Gone sadly Nansha comrades, 20 years passed, can not help, I would like for you to pay homage to one line of Tears ......

The following is a aerial view, left for the South smoked reef

南沙自古属中华》系列 南熏疑云_广州飘雪_新浪博客
Translated by Goole.

The Gaven Reefs (Chinese: Nanxun Jiao 南薰礁 and Xinan Jiao 西南礁, Vietnamese: Đá Ga Ven and "Đá Lạc") is a group of two reefs in the Tizard Bank of the Spratly Islands.

Was it a revenge from VN after 1988 incident ? Hope Chinese here can translate the news into English more precisely

Last edited:
Where and how did you find this article anyway, do you speak Chinese?

No I cant, I found it in VNese forum, and it has link in Chinese

This kind of article doesn't have any source or reference, you should pay more attention if what it says is true or not.

This kind of article doesn't have any source or reference, you should pay more attention if what it says is true or not.
in this link , a brother of one of missing soldier complain why his brother die in Gaven reef was not recognized as martyr
2009-08-07 09:27:23 Source: banner network  power forum text size:

• November 7, 1990, in the Spratly Islands in the South smoked Reef garrison perform tasks were enemy agents attack the entire garrison personnel 11 people martyred sacrifice, verified after several days, six people have found the bodies of five people were found.
My name is Zhou Kai, a missing soldier brother, looking for their loved ones have 18 set. Missing soldier named Zhou Zhiheng, formerly the South China Sea Fleet 38,901 troops (now renamed as 92,057 troops) guard company medic, served two camps five with instruments. November 7, 1990, in the Spratly Islands in the South smoked Reef garrison perform tasks were enemy agents attack the entire garrison personnel 11 people martyred sacrifice, verified after several days, six people have found the bodies of five people were found.

1990 South Reef's first seventh takeover smoked 12 people dead six people, five people missing, Anhui 徐会平 burn forever because the Department of the reef treatment survived. Six corpses in two Hunan Lixian gates and Dai Chu said township officials embankment Xuebing. 5 missing persons have my brother Zhou Zhiheng, there reef Chang allegiance.

Zhang allegiance by 300 degrees of myopia glasses found at the top of the sea is a martyr. My brother can not qualitative but disappeared 19 years. In accordance with relevant laws and regulations of the state in the implementation of the border and the disappearance of combat missions in three years as a martyr. But now the State Central Military Commission are still shirk. They have to appeal several times, brother Zhanjiang troops also been countless times, each time without success. Is motherland so treat it heroes and heroines do? People want to know the good news can help me or give me point out one last wish to help my brother to complete the road. Old mother on behalf of nearly 70 years, I first say thanks to all the well-wishers.

The relevant department issued a certificate of revolutionary soldiers sacrificed because of the public to upload up to avoid all suspicion. Is this a caring society does not help me! I am sure there!

We are also not the way. Forces and the Central Military Commission to find a solution. Data and other information that is paid. His brother, a mainstay on so say no no. And do not deserve the reputation. We the other is 18 years, today is the first 19 years. I ask who has been such a long wait. Our requirement is to help his brother recover deserved reputation. Nothing more. Every year we write a letter, mailed information to the relevant departments, but they are not replied. My mom and dad too old, do not want them to close their eyes when the letters are not left to complete this brother's wishes! ? Whether both said Yoshitaka nowhere.

In fact, our views are not the same, I can understand. But the thing is absolutely the same. That is, the heroes and heroines of the motherland should get proper treatment! I just need good people to help my brother because of the expense of the military to the martyrs. Nothing more, but my brother's condition 100% compliance with the relevant national regulations.

According to 10 November 1992 the PLA General Political Department issued a "certificate of public expense revolutionary soldier," found "Comrade Zhou Zhiheng November 7, 1990 missing in the Spratly Islands garrison tasks to perform," according to "Civil "one of the provisions of Article 23:" General unaccounted for four years "may be declared dead, Zhouzhi Heng has been missing for 19 years, should be identified as early death. In accordance with the second paragraph of Article VIII, "military widows Ordinance": "active duty combat against the enemy in the implementation of border and coastal defense duty or disaster relief missions missing declared dead by the statutory procedures, in accordance with the martyrs treat."

My brother Spratly Islands in the country's southernmost tip James Shoal reef south smoked perform garrison duty disappearance, meet this condition. My brother all the conditions are met, but that is no one to help us to complete it. I blame the power of thought here too, but the power of the network is infinite, the infinite power of Internet users also, I hope you can help us, help us to finish my brother's wishes to leave.
震骇:我南沙南熏礁守军曾被敌特集体端掉?![图] -军事-CHN强国网

in this link , a brother of one of missing soldier complain why his brother die in Gaven reef was not recognized as martyr
This could be forged (there are so many fake stories with fake pictures or documents on the internet), but we also should not exclude the possibility if this is a true story.

Looks like Vietnam forgot about Paracels Islands and Johnson South Reef. :lol:

And don't use the "1979" crap on me. Times have changed.

Also, 70 Vietnamese soldiers died when China occupied Johnson South Reef. 11 Chinese soldiers dead isn't enough for the Vietnamese to cheer.

Why the only thing in the mind of your Viet member here is hatred?
Hatred !?

Niceguy just post info and question, and your fellow come here with these crap:

who colonised Vietnam for thousand of years
Looks like Vietnam forgot about Paracels Islands and Johnson South Reef. :lol:

And don't use the "1979" crap on me. Times have changed.

Also, 70 Vietnamese soldiers died when China occupied Johnson South Reef. 11 Chinese soldiers dead isn't enough for the Vietnamese to cheer.

seem like Mr.Ah-Q's spirit and arrogant are so high in some Chinese head.

Back
Top Bottom