What's new

Who Is Distracted by a Girl Wearing Skintight Leggings?

Do you agree that revealing cloths objectifies and harms women?

• Total voters
I don't think they like it lol.

Ikr.

It's always, "women do this women do that".

Imo, men should be just as critical of themselves.

You sir, deserve an applause. Straight from a guy and it’s refreshing

You sir, deserve an applause. Straight from a guy and it’s refreshing

I think it's dumb that women have to put on a bag but men can go around in boxers (in some cultures). If one sex has to dress modestly, so does the other.

Last edited:
I think it's dumb that women have to put on a bag but men can go around shirtless.

Because you know, logic.

Or because they can’t control their hormones and they’re the only species that have attractions. So due to their weaknesses we have to look like ninjas lol

Or because they can’t control their hormones and they’re the only species that have attractions. So due to their weaknesses we have to look like ninjas lol
Your making a very dangerous assumption here. The assumption being that men as a group are telling women as a group that you have to dress a certain way for men as a group have an innate weakness and women as a group have to suffer the consequences of that innate weakness by bending their living patterns to them. i.e. men dictating women how to dress...

I would contest that the single biggest and by far the most effective force in the world today that dictates as to how women dress .... is the fashion industry. It's not Mullah XYZ dictating what women worldwide wear, it's fashion icons working for big companies advertising for them to sell their products that dictate what's in this season and whats 'so last season' ... It's mainly women designers that set the standard for what other women should wear and through globalization it's the single most effective force that puts pressure on people to dress a certain way. So if you should have a problem with someone ... for 'dictating how you dress' ... your single biggest problem should be with the very fashion icons that you idealize ...

I think it's dumb that women have to put on a bag but men can go around shirtless.

Because you know, logic.
Picking on very specific situations where there is a supposed 'inequality' is fun and all, but it doesn't hold up well usually ... for people can put up counter points which are similar in nature thereby negating the whole assertion of inequal treatment in the grand scheme of things, as similar inequalities occur the other way around as well. for example, how many times have you seen a male employees in say, large companies wearing professional outfits that show off their legs? On the other hand women can wear skirts that show off their legs in a professional environment, certainly in the west, they can ... Does that merit another inequality ... because men can't wear professional outfits that show off their legs, while women can? cuz ... "you know, logic"

Your making a very dangerous assumption here. The assumption being that men as a group are telling women as a group that you have to dress a certain way for men as a group have an innate weakness and women as a group have to suffer the consequences of that innate weakness by bending their living patterns to them. i.e. men dictating women how to dress...

I would contest that the single biggest and by far the most effective force in the world today that dictates as to how women dress .... is the fashion industry. It's not Mullah XYZ dictating what women worldwide wear, it's fashion icons working for big companies advertising for them to sell their products that dictate what's in this season and whats 'so last season' ... It's mainly women designers that set the standard for what other women should wear and through globalization it's the single most effective force that puts pressure on people to dress a certain way. So if you should have a problem with someone ... for 'dictating how you dress' ... your single biggest problem should be with the very fashion icons that you idealize ...

Picking on very specific situations where there is a supposed 'inequality' is fun and all, but it doesn't hold up well usually ... for people can put up counter points which are similar in nature thereby negating the whole assertion of inequal treatment in the grand scheme of things, as similar inequalities occur the other way around as well. for example, how many times have you seen a male employees in say, large companies wearing professional outfits that show off their legs? On the other hand women can wear skirts that show off their legs in a professional environment, certainly in the west, they can ... Does that merit another inequality ... because men can't wear professional outfits that show off their legs, while women can? cuz ... "you know, logic"

That’s not a dictation, one can choose not to follow. Fashion is a trend, you can take it or leave it, it doesn’t enforce regulations nor put blame on someone. It’s a personal choice, fashion also isn’t limited to women but men also.

Last edited:
That’s not a dictation, one can choose not to follow. Fashion is a trend, you can take it or leave it, it doesn’t enforce regulations nor put blame on someone. It’s a personal choice, fashion also isn’t limited to women but men also.
I don't agree with that notion. The essence of freedom is more or less (in most cases) the absence of negative consequence. So for example, if we were to analyze rather traditional societies which enforce their rather conservative dress on people (yes both men and women) ... on a side note you can ask guys here about experiences where they get in to trouble for western clothing in mosques etc. in more traditional areas. According to one of my teachers, until the late 80's wearing jeans for guys in the Pakistani society was frowned upon. And we all know the negative consequences women have to face in certain areas for not dressing a certain way ...

So the question now would be ... Is there an absence of negative consequences associated with the act of being 'un-trendy' i.e. freedom? The answer would be big fat NO. There are quite alot of negative consequences or product of those negative consequences which can be associated with that particular decision. For example, bullying in school age. Not being able to form friendships or friendly terms with people from a particular clique. Heck, those who take brand management a bit too seriously, or atleast scholars from that particular branch of marketing might argue that the choice of your clothing will portray certain personal values which will affect your perception, especially professionally. So, when the fashion industry paints what is 'desired' for a season, just cuz you have the choice to say 'NO' doesn't exactly make you free.

While it might be much more difficult to grasp the concept of how ideas are 'enforced' to dupe people in to buying and in turn making profit for the respective companies in the fashion industry ...

you shift a little and turn to body image ... and such dictation can be seen alot more easily. With the ideals being the Victoria Secret models, how many girls feel compelled to strive for such and such body because THAT is the perfect body, and anything less is imperfect and not desirable, and the negative consequences associated with that can go as far as health repercussions. So like I said, if women feel compelled to call out someone for dictating what they should wear or not ... the number one on the list should be the fashion industry ..

Last edited:
I don't agree with that notion. The essence of freedom is more or less (in most cases) the absence of negative consequence. So for example, if we were to analyze rather traditional societies which enforce their rather conservative dress on people (yes both men and women) ... on a side note you can ask guys here about experiences where they get in to trouble for western clothing in mosques etc. in more traditional areas. According to one of my teachers, until the late 80's wearing jeans for guys in the Pakistani society was frowned upon. And we all know the negative consequences women have to face in certain areas for not dressing a certain way ...

So the question now would be ... Is there an absence of negative consequences associated with the act of being 'un-trendy' i.e. freedom? The answer would be big fat NO. There are quite alot of negative consequences or product of those negative consequences which can be associated with that particular decision. For example, bullying in school age. Not being able to form friendships or friendly terms with people from a particular clique. Heck, those who take brand management a bit too seriously, or atleast scholars from that particular branch of marketing might argue that the choice of your clothing will portray certain personal values which will affect your perception, especially professionally. So, when the fashion industry paints what is 'desired' for a season, just cuz you have the choice to say 'NO' doesn't exactly make you free.

While it might be much more difficult to grasp the concept of how ideas are 'enforced' to dupe people in to buying and in turn making profit for the respective companies ...
you shift a little and turn to body image ... and such dictation can be seen alot more easily. With the ideals being the Victoria Secret models, how many girls feel compelled to strive for such and such body because THAT is the perfect body, and anything less is imperfect and not desirable, and the negative consequences associated with that can go as far as health repercussions. So like I said, if women feel compelled to call out someone for dictating what they should wear or not ... the number one on the list should be the fashion industry ..

How are you comparing ‘fashion’ which is just a trend and interest, by no means enforced and applied to both male and females to men asking women what to wear with dictation lol

Yeah we all get it.

All men are pigs.
All women are witches.

Stop marrying for god's sake. It's an evil practice.

How are you comparing ‘fashion’ which is just a trend and interest, by no means enforced and applied to both male and females to men asking women what to wear with dictation lol
I just detailed as to how it's enforced in my opinion .. if you have a counter argument you could post it ... just going 'lol' ... and restating the question which I already answered isn't exactly a counter point.

Who closed my thread I’m laughing lmao

Male dominated pdf . :angry: .

Because this issue effects the Muslim society at large.A Muslim does not live in vacuum.He is a member of Muslim society. So its his duty to work for the betterment of the society.

It benefits an individual's faith because he is helping Allah's creation,which Allah loves very fiercely, in following the right path,so that they can be successful in both worlds.And when you help His creation,He will bring you more closer to Him.

The issue of women dress is not an "unnecessary things"It is an issue with very large impact on the society.Do you know why the number of rape cases in India is skyrocketing?

Because of the objectification of women in the Indian media.And our media is following suit.The rape cases in Pakistan will also rise as a result.

Jaao baaba apna kaam karo , oraten chaahe jese b dress karen , tum jawab daa nhi hogae . Jao apni namazon ki fikar karo , apni qabar ka socho hamari choro . Hamara Allah maalik ha

Yeah we all get it.

All men are pigs.
All women are witches.

Stop marrying for god's sake. It's an evil practice.

Ye chaacha 2,2 shaadiyan kr k dusron ko kya mashwara De rha ha pdf pe .. :D

Back
Top Bottom