What's new

White House Set to Sell New Fighter Jets to Pakistan in Bid to Bolster Partnership

Should Pakistan go for this offer?

• No thanks Uncle Sam.

Votes: 89 57.8%
  • Yes, offcourse F16 an awesome machine.

Votes: 47 30.5%
  • We need a twin Engine Jet. CA/F18 would be best

Votes: 18 11.7%

• Total voters
Pakistan should try to get their optional 18 F-16 with this configuration and also upgrade other to this upgrade .
http://asian-defence-news.blogspot.com/2015/10/first-f-16v-with-advanced-aesa-radar.html
http://asian-defence-news.blogspot.com/2015/10/first-f-16v-with-advanced-aesa-radar.html
First F-16V with advanced AESA radar takes to the skies

Lockheed Martin successfully completed the maiden flight of the F-16V, the latest and most advanced F-16 on the market today. The October 16 flight marks the first time an F-16 has flown with Northrop Grumman’s advanced APG-83 Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) Scalable Agile Beam Radar (SABR), which will deliver a quantum leap in capability for the venerable F-16.
The F-16V “Viper” advanced avionics configuration also includes a new cockpit Center Pedestal Display, a modernized mission computer, a high-capacity Ethernet data bus, and several other missions systems enhancements that collectively add significant combat capabilities to address the dynamic threat environments emerging in the coming decades.

“This flight marks a historic milestone in the evolution of the F-16,” said Rod McLean, vice president and general manager of Lockheed Martin’s F-16/F-22 Integrated Fighter Group. “The new F-16V configuration includes numerous enhancements designed to keep the F-16 at the forefront of international security, strengthening its position as the world’s foremost combat-proven 4th Generation fighter aircraft.”

The F-16V, an option for both new production F-16s and F-16 upgrades, is the next generation configuration that leverages a common worldwide sustainment infrastructure and provides significant capability improvements to the world’s most affordable, combat-proven multi-role fighter.
Northrop Grumman’s APG-83 SABR AESA fire control radar provides 5th Generation air-to-air and air-to-ground radar capability. Northrop Grumman also provides AESA radars for the F-22 Raptor and F-35 Lightning II.With more than 4,550 F-16s delivered to date, the F-16V is a natural step in the evolution of the world’s most successful 4th Generation fighter.

you read my mind... except for the apache heli's if they offer and vipers which they have offered and f18s for upgrading our jf-16s to jf18s;)

100% agreed, they have given F-18s to Japan, Australia,and F-15s to Korean ,Saudi, even offer F-18s to India. But they have a "Dry it out and Destroy it" policy towards Pakistan.

I thk its pretty depressing that every time we try to go east, US gives us the same old lollipop(F-16) and we are happy
Its time we demand something better

US want to keep Pakistan tied up with sanction able stuff which is now not even top of the line any more, and even that stuff in very limited numbers.

Pakistan have to get out of this F-16 love, its very costly for nation, specially in conflicts.

BS! I am not a slave minded person. US always been an Enemy of Pakistan. Why Don't they sell Block 60 to PAKISTAN are we not their SO CALLED ally ? don't say anything about expenses we got the money to buy them.

:blink: :crazy: Bhai tum ko time chahiya hai abhi thora time lugao PDF per sumajhnay lugo gay cheezon ko. Aur behis na kero ous mamlay main jis ka tumko nahin pata kay main kiya keh raha hoon. That's not a bossy attitude that's a friendly advice because what ever I understand about all this defence hussle and bussle I have learned here at PDF and I am here from 2008 and that is not just visiting but reading it and after approx 3 years I had formally become a member.
So I suggest you to be a part of conversation which you can understand what the person countering you is actually meant. Now Welcome to the forum my friend :) have a nice stay.

Before passing it has to be put forward to Congress. Obama has less than year of presidency left. Why will he care if Pakistan gets F-16 or not.

If they are selling 8 from already approved 18 new block 52s then it will be not big issue.

Whoever voted for Su-35 is an illiterate fool. We have spent hours explaining the issues with Su-35, it's expensive maintenance, poor avionics and ECM suite. But whatever. Pakistanis will always be Pakistanis.

If they are selling 8 from already approved 18 new block 52s then it will be not big issue.

Option for ordering the already cleared 18 Block-52s has expired.
This is being dealt as a new deal and that is why Congress needs to approve it.

Option for ordering the already cleared 18 Block-52s has expired.
This is being dealt as a new deal and that is why Congress needs to approve it.

Why we are going for only 08 instead of 18? Although its time for Pakistan to move ahead from F-16s which comes with huge restrictions and threat of sanctions.

This is probably the display of F-16 V but it is provided by Elbit systems.

webelbit-f-16-upgrades.jpg

Why we are going for only 08 instead of 18? Although its time for Pakistan to move ahead from F-16s which comes with huge restrictions and threat of sanctions.

To get as many F-16s as possible in small incremental steps.

This has two major advantages ...
  • If in future the US pulls the plug, like they did in the 90s, we don't get that big a dent.
  • Opposing lobbies can't raise that much hue and cry for just 8 planes, like they would for a decent numbers sale.
Who knows ... we might even see a repeat order for similar numbers in a year or two. PAF is treading warily this time around, given the global and economic situation.

This is probably the display of F-16 V but it is provided by Elbit systems.

That is a big HUD.

I would say

120 F-16s At least block 52+ or least half of them V.
60 Su-35 PN Customised Pakistani Version in batches of 12 so we can induct them slow and easy which may not affect our pockets for other projects.
240 JFT as they are evolving and they all should be fully controlled by us like if we are buying any system for these birds we must get them with tot or licence manufacturing with rights of editing as we like similar to Grifo or KLJ deal.
180 J-10 with F-117 FN UPG a 36000-lbs thrust variant with improved fuel efficiency in progress which may also part of Su-35 deal, as well as with full european avionics with transfer of technology which almost every other firm is keen to make a deal with us now a days.

That's not just a wish list it's very realistic in todays scenario because we have sufficient funds and resources are abundant to us, just all we need is a visionary and willing person to take a step in.

Probable we are involved in it and that's are irrefutable comments are present here at PDF, and what they find there ??

Bullsh!t! it's not without our consent

Ok that's the point but it's 23 years back and they officially accept that they made a mistake but again we have to play our cards right its up to us.

So ??? We don't need to b!tch about it they are a free country its actually us who have to create opportunities and who knows whats going on behind the curtains

Hahahaha it has nothing to do with neutralizing Pakistan you have no idea how things works. I would rather say that would be a treat to us if India ever got trapped in USA aircraft deal ever they have no Idea how it all works after sales. Infact they would be caught from their balls :D.

Oooh please STFU we are not angels.

So you can make a befitting reply and you have the resources even that time to kick their arss but you didn't ... Believe me that is 100% true.

You don't need to sit any ones lap and fondle and bitching the world has been changed you play your card they play there's no need to expect anything that's how things works but people of Pakistan won't understand. Just play your cards right no need to sleep with anyone.
What are you talking about, you talking like insane:blah: :hitwall::devil::lol::blah: we have no money to buy those expensive toys, wake up kid from your dreams, PAF best bet is to get at least 100 F-16 from US and upgrade to F-16V standard and build 200 to 250 JF-17 and upgrade all to block-3 standard, than go to J-31

What are you talking about, you talking like insane:blah: :hitwall::devil::lol::blah: we have no money to buy those expensive toys, wake up kid from your dreams, PAF best bet is to get at least 100 F-16 from US and upgrade to F-16V standard and build 200 to 250 JF-17 and upgrade all to block-3 standard, than go to J-31

Listen Mr whoever you are behave yourself. I know what I am writing here and it's just one option available with tweaks. You don't know a rat about J-31 and it is not about it. Don't bother if you don't have manners.

US Congress will approve the sale of F-16s for the following reasons:

1. It's only 8 F-16s. A paltry number.
  2. It will have not change the balance of power between India and Pakistan. This is what many Indians are up in arms about, but I believe their complaints, though understandable, are overstated
  3. It's a straight military sale, not a "gift" from US to Pakistan. Money for Lockheed Martin. US did approve sale of attack helicopters.
  4. Aircraft will be used for counter-insurgency operations on Afghanistan border.
Whether or not Pakistan takes it is another story.

Back
Top Bottom