What's new

Which stop gap fighter would you prefer for TurAF?

Which stop gap fighter for TurAF?

• Total voters
just stick with F-16, it'll do the job done

for first with own updates yes..

if hürjet is coming it needs many abilities.. we should use it to test radar absorbing materials and aesa radars and so on.. but I have a bad feeling that it isnt giving the attention it should have..

mius project should be a stealthy design.. all these takes long until we have something stealthy

I also have the feeling that erdo still hopes to get the f35 or why are they waiting to upgrade f16?

Guys actual results
Eurofighter got most of votes with 17 votes became your choice for TurAF

The second is reliable f16

And f15-f15x-f15se gained also considerable votes.

Why wouldn't TAI produce F16s or F15s in Turkey like Onyx Ozgur upgrades .

I would sincerely go for production of semi stealth F15 Silent Eagle.

Before MMU we need to gain know-how.

Regarding another argument semi-stealth doesn't work, i would argue . Although both land based advanced radars and advanced radars of fighters could detect stealth fighters , little and less capable active radar seekers of air-to-air Missiles and SAM couldnt engage easily to stealth either semi-stealth aircrafts!!!

Moreover costructer of f35 never claims the plane is invisible, it is very hard to detect and intercept!!!

Go for production of F15 silent eagle in Türkiye!

Guys actual results
Eurofighter got most of votes with 17 votes became your choice for TurAF

The second is reliable f16

And f15-f15x-f15se gained also considerable votes.

Why wouldn't TAI produce F16s or F15s in Turkey like Onyx Ozgur upgrades .

I would sincerely go for production of semi stealth F15 Silent Eagle.

Before MMU we need to gain know-how.

Regarding another argument semi-stealth doesn't work, i would argue . Although both land based advanced radars and advanced radars of fighters could detect stealth fighters , little and less capable active radar seekers of air-to-air Missiles and SAM couldnt engage easily to stealth either semi-stealth aircrafts!!!

Moreover costructer of f35 never claims the plane is invisible, it is very hard to detect and intercept!!!

Go for production of F15 silent eagle in Türkiye!
f15 uses f100 or F110, which is the same engine used in f16s, so it would help with the maintenance infrastructure turkish air force already had.

Stealth isn't about complete invisibility, it's about being invisible from a fair distance with less radar and heat signatures. When it comes to semi-stealth fighters, I bet F-15 Silent Eagle is even stealthier than the Su-57. And another thing about the mass production, it isn't as cheap as you think so.

Last edited:
F-15X is the best option F-16 is the most comfortable for TuAF and Eurofighter is the most likely option if Turkey wants to continue having good relationship with main european countries(UK Germany Spain Italy)

I would like to add Eurofighter isnt pure bred dogfighter. EF is delta wing interceptor which manoeuvreble at high speed.

But f15 is pure bred dogfighter at any speed.
A f16 pilot when gets retired , for example he/she flew totally 2000 hours, 600 of total flight hours belong for air to air missions.
Whereas F15 pilot spends all 2000 flight hours on air -to-air missions.

Edit:
If there's any argument about above mentioned information , i will be glad to hear it.

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong but did you really used your brain with it's full potential to write that?
You have been reported and ignored.
slide7.jpg

slide10.jpg

0034beb075d04132de5e93cdb60b0b05.jpg

slide15.jpg

If i had chance , i would assemble those birds in Turkey.

Last edited:
I would like to add Eurofighter isnt pure bred dogfighter. EF is delta wing interceptor which manoeuvreble at high speed.

But f15 is pure bred dogfighter at any speed.
A f16 pilot when gets retired , for example he/she flew totally 2000 hours, 600 of total flight hours belong for air to air missions.
Whereas F15 pilot spends all 2000 flight hours on air -to-air missions.

Edit:
If there's any argument about above mentioned information , i will be glad to hear it.

As far as I know The Eurofighter was designed originally as an air superiority fighter. So, as you can see, it was a pure bred dogfighter.
Later, when flexibility was required, it was made into a multirole fighter.

As far as I know The Eurofighter was designed originally as an air superiority fighter. So, as you can see, it was a pure bred dogfighter.
Later, when flexibility was required, it was made into a multirole fighter.

EF is multirole interceptor.

Do we have a budget for this need?
How many aircraft does TURAF need?
Which countries are willing to sale fighter jets to Turkey?

Do we know the answer to those questions? I don't know.

All I can say that Russia isn't an option for the Turkish Air Force in any case for now.
F-35 will have been sale to Turkey but not in the near future.
F-15 would be an option but there is no sign to get an older generation.
Eurofighter or Gripen are not also an option for the same reason. Also, Sweden doesn't sale any military equipment to Turkey. Eurofighter is tried in the past but now they guaranteed enough order to keep the production line open.

We need to focus on our own projects Hürjet will be smaller but at least it will take some responsibility from F-16s MMU will be late. But we are on the same page with our all competitors about UAV technologies we can make in that class some differences.

Do we have a budget for this need?
How many aircraft does TURAF need?
Which countries are willing to sale fighter jets to Turkey?

Do we know the answer to those questions? I don't know.

All I can say that Russia isn't an option for the Turkish Air Force in any case for now.
F-35 will have been sale to Turkey but not in the near future.
F-15 would be an option but there is no sign to get an older generation.
Eurofighter or Gripen are not also an option for the same reason. Also, Sweden doesn't sale any military equipment to Turkey. Eurofighter is tried in the past but now they guaranteed enough order to keep the production line open.

We need to focus on our own projects Hürjet will be smaller but at least it will take some responsibility from F-16s MMU will be late. But we are on the same page with our all competitors about UAV technologies we can make in that class some differences.

All proposal fighters are in case TurAF needs.
Guys calm down and dream . Aren't you taking yourselves too serious.
We all aren't TurAF Generals either undersecretar of defense industry.
We all are heavily unemployed slaves of defence.pk.

If you offered F15 Silent Eagle here in this forum, noone would purchase it immediately tomorrow according your order:)
I am not placing an order on the behalf of TurAF. I am just saying if there weren't any f35s and TurAF needed some new fighters, limited production of F15 silent eagle would be great.

However if you care about money, tell them to stop kanal istanbul and support refugees.

Last edited:
Votes have been changed, it means i well promoted f15s.
f15+f15se+f15x have dramatically overtaken votes of f16.

EF 18 votes, F15s 17;)

https%3A%2F%2Fs3.amazonaws.com%2Fthe-drive-staging%2Fmessage-editor%252F1549308264206-441122.jpeg

1489433866-advancedeagle.gif

E31.gif

I adore anglo-saxon technology and their language. Thanks to anglosaxon world we have adorable aircrafts.

Last edited:
surprisingly dumb to buy F-15s or F-18s or even F-16s when the US has refused to sell F-35s. As if in the last minute they won't block the sale or have bugs that will ensure the aircraft aren't combat capable when the US deems them to be so.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom