after retirement of
mig-21 in iaf. i think
which fighter is new
backbone of our air
force?like paf(f-16),usaf
(f-35),plaaf(j-10b)
which fighter is our
new backbone???vote.....

when i post this poll on other site i found good result.so please Dont post rude comment and post vote and images and links.

when i post this poll on other site i found good result.so please Dont post rude comment and post vote and images and links.

Su-30mKI_india.jpg

Whats are fighteris :rolleyes:

Anyways there is no doubt: The +270 Flankers will be our backbone, next comes Rafale, then the FGFA... everything else after it.

i knew it this must be @king of pop before opening thread.
Well its su30mki on doubt after that it will be rafale..let the mk2 come out 1st then it will be easy to decide about it. Right now its to early for tejas mk2

Last edited by a moderator:
after retirement of
mig-21 in iaf. i think
which fighter is new
backbone of our air
force?like paf(f-16),usaf
(f-35),plaaf(j-10b)
which fighter is our
new backbone???vote.....

For the next decade possibly decade and a half the Su 30 MKI will be the backbone of IAF. Every bacha bacha knows this. You really didn't need to start a thread/Poll for this :sick:

Tejas Mk-1 should also have been an option ... becoz 8 Tejas equipped to transition into squadron service, are already flying.

The production line for series production is ready for production.

I believe Tejas will outnumber Rafale.. at all times. We will have 40 Tejas Mk-1 before we have 40 Rafale.

And we would have more than 126 Tejas (Mk-1 or M-2) before we have 126 Rafale.

Hence, after Su-30MKI (where we already have 157 planes.. and producing more), it will be Tejas which will be forming the second largest contingent.

as i think 2020 su-30mki- 312 Rafale-189 and tejas mk 1-2- 148 fgfa-(future)214 amca-(future) 250.!!!!! IAF rocks. sounds good for future superpower.

Tejas Mk-1 should also have been an option ... becoz 8 Tejas equipped to transition into squadron service, are already flying.

The production line for series production is ready for production.

I believe Tejas will outnumber Rafale.. at all times. We will have 40 Tejas Mk-1 before we have 40 Rafale.

And we would have more than 126 Tejas (Mk-1 or M-2) before we have 126 Rafale.

Hence, after Su-30MKI (where we already have 157 planes.. and producing more), it will be Tejas which will be forming the second largest contingent.

Tejas wont be our backbone, not in quality or in quantity... they will most likely be based somewhere in South India.....

Tejas wont be our backbone, not in quality or in quantity... they will most likely be based somewhere in South India.....

It is better than any of the principal opponents it may face in the north - F-16, J-10 or JF-17.

Excellent no-crash record.

Pilots love flying it -- because of its ergonomics.

Scores high on maintainence - it has very low line replaceable units.

Very good stealth characteristics - due to small size and radar absorbent paint.

High speed of refuelling.. enabling it to carry larger number of sorties.

Low cost ... can be inducted in large numbers cheaply.

Has advanced technologies (compared to its likely competitors), in terms of radar, weapons, composites (stealth) etc.

Plenty of experience operating it during the last decade.. (against rafale which will need years of pilot training).

It is better than any of the principal opponents it may face in the north - F-16, J-10 or JF-17.

Very good stealth characteristics - due to small size and radar absorbent paint.

Has advanced technologies (compared to its likely competitors), in terms of radar, weapons, composites (stealth) etc.

Plenty of experience operating it during the last decade.. (against rafale which will need years of pilot training).

tumblr_lnvvueuSsj1qcj56b.png

The LCA is better than the combat proven F 16 ?!

Crash records???!!! C´mon that plane is not even in operational service.

It uses US engines, which have to be imported ! We dont produce GE engines in India.

Its slower than the F16 or J 10 and is no where near to the Sukhoi, Rafales, FGFAs, Mirages and Mig 29s.

And the MK2 has not even been materialized as a prototype.

aaaaa..... and why???(reason).

You think Tejas is in the same league as the Sukhois, Rafales, Mig 29 UPG, Mirage 2000-5s and not to mention the FGFAs????

HAL will have to manufacture MKIs, Rafales, FGFAs, Dhruvs etc etc and has to conduct many other projects. I doubt the IAF wants to risk delays in those fields because of 40 Tejas.

Compared to those planes, Tejas will always remain 2end priority.

Period.

Besides, the 1st sqdr. will be really based in south India.... probably to scare the Sri Lankan AF which does not even operate 4th gen fighters....

as i think 2020 su-30mki- 312 Rafale-189 and tejas mk 1-2- 148 fgfa-(future)214 amca-(future) 250.!!!!! IAF rocks. sounds good for future superpower.

what non sense is this. we are going to buy only 270 su30 mki. and in dassult rafale not in 2020,we complete the production of 126 in 2022-2023 and that too if they signed a deal in this year.
tejas mk1 might be 40 in 2020 but dont expect for mk2 till 2020 if it progresses in this speed or if the process moves in very fast way means we can expect only 20-30 fighters in 2020. and i dont want to speak about fgfa and AMCA and for you also dont expect that before 2023-2025. but we can have some 20-40 pak fa fighter in 2020-2021.

It shows that you dont know anything about aircrafts.

The LCA is better than the combat proven F 16 ?!

Crash records???!!! C´mon that plane is not even in operational service.

It uses US engines, which have to be imported ! We dont produce GE engines in India.

Its slower than the F16 or J 10 and is no where near to the Sukhoi, Rafales, FGFAs, Mirages and Mig 29s.

And the MK2 has not even been materialized as a prototype.

tumblr_lnvvueuSsj1qcj56b.png

Even the deal for Rafale is NOT YET SIGNED.

And you want to count it as a backbone??? -- No point counting the chickens before the eggs hatch.

Tejas is already being flown by IAF pilots; participates in IAF drills (Iron Fist) with full weapons load.

Where is Rafale?? -- Future pipedreams. Huh !

After Su-30MKI, we have the most "operational" experience with Tejas. The only thing is that "operational" has different meanings in India, China and Pakistan.

JF-17 and J-10 are less than "operational" if Indian standards are applied to either of them.

J-10 only recently participated in a live exercise; Tejas particapted with weapons loads even before being "operational".

Apart from Su-30MKI, Tejas is next best fitting into the role, both in terms of quality, quantity and timeline of induction.

Let's keep Rafale out, since the deal is not even signed... leave alone getting the first fighter, indigenisation at HAL et al.

Back
Top Bottom