What's new

which fighteris our new backbone???

new backbone ofindia:su-30mki vs rafale vstejas mk2

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
what non sense is this. we are going to buy only 270 su30 mki. and in dassult rafale not in 2020,we complete the production of 126 in 2022-2023 and that too if they signed a deal in this year.
tejas mk1 might be 40 in 2020 but dont expect for mk2 till 2020 if it progresses in this speed or if the process moves in very fast way means we can expect only 20-30 fighters in 2020. and i dont want to speak about fgfa and AMCA and for you also dont expect that before 2023-2025. but we can have some 20-40 pak fa fighter in 2020-2021.

It shows that you dont know anything about aircrafts.

i want to type 2030!!! but it is my mistake. and about su-30mki see wikipedia.

You think Tejas is in the same league as the Sukhois, Rafales, Mig 29 UPG, Mirage 2000-5s and not to mention the FGFAs????

HAL will have to manufacture MKIs, Rafales, FGFAs, Dhruvs etc etc and has to conduct many other projects. I doubt the IAF wants to risk delays in those fields because of 40 Tejas.

Compared to those planes, Tejas will always remain 2end priority.

Period.

Besides, the 1st sqdr. will be really based in south India.... probably to scare the Sri Lankan AF which does not even operate 4th gen fighters....

Can we stop considering Rafale and FGFA for consideration as a "backbone".. either of them have to be available before they mature into forming a "backbone".

This decade, the flying ones we have are Su-30MKI, Tejas and Mirage-2000.

Mirage-2000 will only have limited number.. but Su-30MKI and Tejas are guaranteed to grow in numbers.

You NEED numbers for a plane to qualify as a backbone.

tumblr_lnvvueuSsj1qcj56b.png

Even the deal for Rafale is NOT YET SIGNED.

And you want to count it as a backbone??? -- No point counting the chickens before the eggs hatch.

Tejas is already being flown by IAF pilots; participates in IAF drills (Iron Fist) with full weapons load.

Where is Rafale?? -- Future pipedreams. Huh !

After Su-30MKI, we have the most "operational" experience with Tejas. The only thing is that "operational" has different meanings in India, China and Pakistan.

JF-17 and J-10 are less than "operational" if Indian standards are applied to either of them.

J-10 only recently participated in a live exercise; Tejas particapted with weapons loads even before being "operational".

Apart from Su-30MKI, Tejas is next best fitting into the role, both in terms of quality, quantity and timeline of induction.

Let's keep Rafale out, since the deal is not even signed... leave alone getting the first fighter, indigenisation at HAL et al.

The negotiations for the Rafale deal are almost over, its just a question of weeks...
The Rafale will be a backbone of the IAF.

And you know that Iron Fist was just a public fire power demonstration right? One LCA performing aerobatic maneuvers and firing on dummy targets in front of a crowd is not a full scale military exercise.

The J10 is still much more operational than the Tejas for sure.

And most importantly, the Sukhois are currently not our only fighters! What about the Mirage 2000s and the Mig 29s?!

Can we stop considering Rafale and FGFA for consideration as a "backbone".. either of them have to be available before they mature into forming a "backbone".

This decade, the flying ones we have are Su-30MKI, Tejas and Mirage-2000.

Mirage-2000 will only have limited number.. but Su-30MKI and Tejas are guaranteed to grow in numbers.

You NEED numbers for a plane to qualify as a backbone.

You think the number of LCAs is gonna surpass the number of Mirage 2000s within 7 years... :rolleyes:

The negotiations for the Rafale deal are almost over, its just a question of weeks...
The Rafale will be a backbone of the IAF.

And you know that Iron Fist was just a public fire power demonstration right? One LCA performing aerobatic maneuvers and firing on dummy targets in front of a crowd is not a full scale military exercise.

And most importantly, the Sukhois are currently not our only fighters! What about the Mirage 2000s and the Mig 29s?!

Is there one LCA flying? - checkout... there are 8 of them fit for squadron service.

Even in Iron Fist there were more than one. And don't forget other trials in Karnataka, Goa and in Pokharan.

Iron Fist wan't the first weapons firing.

Squadron is already established. What's left is that IAF is devising operational strategies around it.

Production line is already laid out.

Let me know, when HAL starts producing Rafale.

Better, let's catch in few weeks to see if the Rafale deal is signed on not. How many weeks do you want to bet on -- 3 weeks, 5 weeks, 12 weeks ?? ... c'mon now don't say 52 weeks.

This is interesting and debatable. For any claim from china carries a high discount factor.

4 of them reported crashes .. and caused due to problem is every piece of J-10 .... first: FBW failure (pilots killed), second: avionics failure (pilot managed to land it), third: engine problem accused, fourth: unsure.

IAF may have junked a "J-10" if its equivalent was produced by DRDO/HAL.

You think the number of LCAs is gonna surpass the number of Mirage 2000s within 7 years... :rolleyes:

I bet against the inductions numbers of Rafales.

There will always be more Tejas than Rafales... It's a bet.

Tejas has a headstart... it's all in front of us.

Perhaps you should have tried to bet in 2005 that MMRCA will overtake Tejas..and one could debate. Now its too late for MMRCA to overtake Tejas in terms of timeline of induction.

Is there one LCA flying? - checkout... there are 8 of them fit for squadron service.

Even in Iron Fist there were more than one. And don't forget other trials in Karnataka, Goa and in Pokharan.

Iron Fist wan't the first weapons firing.

Squadron is already established. What's left is that IAF is devising operational strategies around it.

Production line is already laid out.

Let me know, when HAL starts producing Rafale.

Better, let's catch in few weeks to see if the Rafale deal is signed on not. How many weeks do you want to bet on -- 3 weeks, 5 weeks, 12 weeks ?? ... c'mon now don't say 52 weeks.

This is interesting and debatable. For any claim from china carries a high discount factor.

4 of them reported crashes .. and caused due to problem is every piece of J-10 .... first: FBW failure (pilots killed), second: avionics failure (pilot managed to land it), third: engine problem accused, fourth: unsure.

IAF may have junked a "J-10" if its equivalent was produced by DRDO/HAL.

Please, all those examples cannot refute that the LCA is not operational. Its still flown for testing purposes. Thus, calling it a backbone is simply wrong. The Sukhois, Mirages and Mig 29s are the real back bones of the IAF.

And the Tejas not only lacks in numbers but also in capabilities. Its simply too far behind the MKI, Mirage 2K and Mig 29s.

I bet against the inductions numbers of Rafales.

There will always be more Tejas than Rafales... It's a bet.

Tejas has a headstart... it's all in front of us.

Perhaps you should have tried to bet in 2005 that MMRCA will overtake Tejas..and one could debate. Now its too late for MMRCA to overtake Tejas in terms of timeline of induction.

HAL does not have the capability to produce and conduct so many projects at once, the production rate will be, as always, appalling.

Please, all those examples cannot refute that the LCA is not operational. Its still flown for testing purposes. Thus, calling it a backbone is simply wrong. The Sukhois, Mirages and Mig 29s are the real back bones of the IAF.

And the Tejas not only lacks in numbers but also in capabilities. Its simply too far behind the MKI, Mirage 2K and Mig 29s.

Su-30MKI is the backbone.. no doubts about it.

I only said, the next is line could be ... actually is Mirage2k / Mig-29.

But the next one is Tejas, not Rafale.

Further, Tejas is going to increase in numbers .... while Mirage2K and Mig-29 are capped (though, both.. esp Mirage 2K is better than Tejas is some ways).

i want to type 2030!!! but it is my mistake. and about su-30mki see wikipedia.

dont take wikipedia's claim as a final one. our air force planned to operate 15 sqd of su 30 mki. 13 sqd will be equipped with 18 su30mki in each. and 2 sqd equipped with (21 each)super su30mki with brahmos. so it will take you around 276 fighter and if you calculate crashed fighters then it will take 280 only. yeah in future it may increase but that based on tejas mk2 and rafale procurement.

Back
Top Bottom