What's new

Which E.U nation is the strongest military?

Which E.U nation is the strongest military?

• United Kingdom

Votes: 62 42.2%
  • France

Votes: 48 32.7%
  • Germany

Votes: 28 19.0%
  • Italy

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Greece

Votes: 7 4.8%
  • Spain

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters
Britain definitely top but France not far behind. Britain's navy is fourth best and military about fifth or sixth.

France is currently ahead of UK as it has more independent military industry than UK, they made all their main weapons at home, while UK works mostly in JV with Germany etc. also France now is in better position to project power overseas then UK due to their nuclear power ACC with Rafale-Ms after US ACCs they have the most potent one. Also UK's capabilities have decreased to to decommissioning of their ships, ACC and other weapons due to economic reasons.

Training, skills, hardware, experience matters.... R&D and mass manufacturing is a whole new criteria and does not effect the strength of a military.
there are only two worth a mention countries in terms of army strength

1- Britain
SAS, M6, Gurka regment. They have the experience throughout history and the man power around the world. dont forget canada, australia are still its colonies. even Pakistan and India owe their military structure and might to the British army as they have evolved from the same basic structure and training that of the british armed forces.

2 - France
French will always be number two. no matter what ever they do, in my opinion. they cant undo what Britain has become over time.

Navy-UK
Air force-UK
Ground Forces-UK
Special Forces-UK

1.UK
2.France
3.Germany

Strongest militaries in Europe (excluding Russia)

1- U.K
2- France
3- Turkey
4- Germany
5- Spain/Italy.

The way things are going, Turkey will replace France from number two spot in coming decades.

Well I have not voted because I consider UK and France on 1st than its Italy than Germany than Spain and than Greece

Germany could be number 1 in a matter of years if they are willing and they are allowed to do so

Britain has a bigger defence budget than France but we don't spend it wisely. We have too many pen pushers at the MOD and not even men, ships and planes.
UK military is being downsized the MoD white collar fat cats are using American multinational company tricks on a military force.
hoping that part time London city boys will fill the ranks of the military and do the job of a real and regular soldier. territorial army is going to be dismantled?

Germany is the third largest arms exporter and everybody knows they can raise a formidable fighting forces within a decade if there is such a political will, they have both the technology and money to achieve this goal. But they will not go for it lest the French ladies will get the jitters.

I hope your swastika avatar is religiously motivated!
No, He is Hitler fanboy
Swastik sign in Hinduism is different like this

1003px-HinduSwastika.svg.png

Back
Top Bottom