What's new

Which Book are you reading

Just started this book.

If it is as good as I have heard, then we need to read it.

A1qhBebbu6L.jpg

I read these books during my teen years (Some in whole while others in sections)

The books that i read back then were ( except for two all belonged to my father)

• 2 books from Pakistan Army Green Book series (89/90,92)
  • Hitler's War On Russia The Story of the German Defeat in the East by Paul Carell
  • "Leaders" by Richard Nixon
  • "RAW" by Tariq Ismael Sagar.
  • In the Line of Fire: A Memoir by Gen Pervez Musharraf
  • Spy Catcher: The Candid Autobiography of a senior intelligence offer (by peter wright,great book for Cold war fans)
  • India: A Study in Profile, A very good book by Brig Javed Hassan. A Study Conducted for the Faculty Research and Doctrinal Studies, Command & Staff College, Quetta, Pakistan
  • Afghanistan The Bear Trap: The Defeat of a Superpower
  • THE GUINNESS BOOK OF MILITARY BLUNDERS by Geoffrey Regan
  • Men Against Tanks: A History of Anti-tank Warfare by John Weeks
  • The Sword of ALLAH.
  • SSG tareekh key aaenay main (in urdu).
  • Military Lessons of the Gulf War by Bruce W. Watson

Apart from that I also read some books related to finance,general history e.t.c as well including some osprey series.

I was a little busy with my job/attaining professional qualifications but I have now started reading books again starting with the book in my previous post (why nations fail).

Now my focus will be on non-mil books primarily related to finance/econ as I want to stay sharp in that field.

Elon Musk by Ashlee Vance.

Just bought it yesterday.

Frankenstein - Mary Shelly.
And also recently bought And then there were none by Agatha Christie.

Frankenstein - Mary Shelly.
And also recently bought And then there were none by Agatha Christie.
Dropped Frankenstein as it gets tiresome and finished And then there were none instead.
Might pick up Ken Follets Winter of the world now (2nd part of century trilogy) or India After Gandhi.

any good books on spirituality, philosophy, self improvement or psychiatry? In English please I can't really Read Urdu.

After i saw the news about the Pakistani soldiers being trapped in the avalanche. My friend recommended me the book "Alive" based on true events about a rugby team that crashed in the Andes mountains in Chile and how they survived the whole winter, storms and avalanches, with no warm clothes, food, or warm shelter. And their journey out of the mountains for survival.

Really an interesting book to read. Recommend everyone to try it.
Read it and it touches new levels of human strengths and weaknesses

* The secret diaries of Hitler's doctor

* The Alchemist

* Cloud Atlas (The Novel)
Alchemist great book with a sensitive approach like Khalil Gibran

Will try 2 read it...I also read The Fist Of God... it was about Gerald Bull and Saddam Hussein's Supergun in the Kuwait War.
He is a master fiction writer. His book The Deceiver was very interesting The dogs of War was interesting too.

Can anyone suggest some army intelligence , clandestine , special forces novels .... Like bourne series ...
Read Fredrick Forsyth books or can try Alistair Maclean or Clancy

I am reading famous urdu suspense novel series called "Imran series" which is very famous in pakistan.
Ibne Safi was born ahead of times but his true worth a lot of people do not understand. Mainly a lot of authors used his characters and wrote third class novels.

personally I prefer non fiction. when I was younger I was into /cold war novels.
1. A Perfect Spy, by John Le Carre.

2. The Dune series, by Frank Herbert.
Le Carre is awesome

any good books on spirituality, philosophy, self improvement or psychiatry? In English please I can't really Read Urdu.

How about this

81MVKC5DSlL.jpg

The Dead Sea Scrolls Deception

The Dead Sea Scrolls Deception (1991, ISBN 0-671-73454-7) is a book by authors Michael Baigent and Richard Leigh. Rejecting the established, scholarly consensus that the Dead Sea scrolls were the work of a marginal Jewish apocalyptic movement, and following primarily the thesis of Robert Eisenman, the authors argue that the Scrolls were the work of Jewish zealots who had much in common with, and may have been identical to, the early followers of Jesus led by his brother James the Just. Their unconventional hypothesis provides a different version of the history of early Christianity and challenges the divinity of Jesus.

Leigh and Baigent describe how the scrolls were kept under wraps for decades by a team dominated by Catholic scholars under the leadership of a Dominican friar, Roland de Vaux. They contend that the preconceptions of de Vaux and other members of the team led them to ignore evidence of the probable 1st-century provenance of many of the scrolls, and instead, to consign these scrolls safely to the distant past.

You can read freely here :

https://archive.org/stream/TheDeadS...ea_scrolls_deception_-_baigent_Leigh_djvu.txt

Good Psychology Website

https://www.2knowmyself.com/

Good Website about Islam and other religion (particularly Christianity)

https://www.islamreligion.com/

Back
Top Bottom