What's new

Which Book are you reading

Presently, I am slowly reading the Quran's English translation by Abdullah Yusuf Ali. It is a hard-bound book.

A friend gifted it to me.

According to the cover, it is translation as well as commentary.

I think the author was Indian ( pre-Partition times ). The first edition came out in 1934 and the second in 1938.

I am reading it not as a "holy book" but as one of the practical guides that humanity has produced.

It is indeed a thick book and I think it will take me some years to go through it. :lol:

@Mentee

I am quite lazy reading the translation of Quran nowadays but I have completed reading both Arabic and Indonesian translation in the old days. It only take me about a year to complete reading it but need to do it every day, page per page. I suggest you to have word per word translation as it is the true Quran since the translation sometime use the words of the translator. But I am happy that you start reading it bro.

If your belief in Islam is still weak you can look on this website to find some truth in Islam through science. You can also chat there and ask question if you have some question about Islam.

https://www.islamreligion.com/

Presently, I am slowly reading the Quran's English translation by Abdullah Yusuf Ali. It is a hard-bound book.

I think the author was Indian ( pre-Partition times ). The first edition came out in 1934 and the second in 1938.

I am reading it not as a "holy book" but as one of the practical guides that humanity has produced.

It is indeed a thick book and I think it will take me some years to go through it. :lol:

@Mentee
images

Get this one. It has current English and is quite authentic

images

Sure, once I finish the first one I will read the one you are recommending.

It only take me about a year to complete reading it but need to do it every day, page per page.

My friend asked me to read one page every day, but I am still stuck in the first three or four pages. I think it is because of the small font size.

Last edited:

@Mentee

Abdullah Yusuf Ali translation of the Holy Quran is very indepth due to the tafsir (commentary) found on every page. It is a great source and one of my favorites. Old English found in this translation make give some people trouble.

11033a.jpg

images

This is my other favorite. It is a very literal translation of the Quran, with transliterated Arabic words at times with their full meanings in parentheses.

Example:

23:41. So As-Saihah (torment - awful cry, etc.) overtook them with justice, and We made them as rubbish of dead plants. So away with the people who are Zalimun (polytheists, wrong-doers, disbelievers in the Oneness of Allah, disobedient to His Messengers, etc.).

I have been looking for the book "Silent Soldier" by Brigadier Muhammad Yousuf. I have searched over the internet for this book but still couldn't find it. If someone has a soft copy of this book then please upload it here.

images (1).jpg

Regards

Back
Top Bottom