What's new

Which Book are you reading

Well, you've certainly informed me more about it than others have, thanks for that. I think I still have the stomach for that though, I will move on to GRRM very soon now. But my reading list is always growing longer, not shorter as I continue to read.

In fact, the more I read, the more books I end up adding, a strange phenomenon it is. :-)

Tell me about it, im an avid collector of books, but due to work and family commitments rarely find the time to catch up with all of the books I keep collecting. My friend recently recommended Murakami, I might give him a shot soon.

You wont get it. Or i should say how much you get depends on your profession. Whats your profession ?
:)
I am getting that, despite my profession being non-related. Thanks to 7-8 years here perhaps. I had the book for some 3 years now but never read it. Was waiting for the time and i feel it is now. Half way through and loving it.

I am getting that, despite my profession being non-related. Thanks to 7-8 years here perhaps. I had the book for some 3 years now but never read it. Was waiting for the time and i feel it is now. Half way through and loving it.
I meant you will not get the taoist philosophy of formlessness that this book recommends to be applied to problem solving unless you work in the problem solving domain of social hierarchy.

I meant you will not get the taoist philosophy of formlessness that this book recommends to be applied to problem solving unless you work in the problem solving domain of social hierarchy.
Well perhaps you are right, i didn't got this :P
Anyway, like reading the book and do understand the basics. Some books are meant to be kept so you can read from them time to time, that is the only way to completely understanding them. This is one such book.

Add On War by Clausewitz to it and a bit of Arthashastra.

Finished reading Nicholas Coleridge's Godchildren.

can somebody suggest me some good comedy/satirical novels?
Not exactly a novel but I think you'll enjoy Dahl's Switch Bitch which is a collection of four excellent and quite amusing short stories. Tell us what you think if you decide to give it a try.

Not exactly a novel but I think you'll enjoy Dahl's Switch Bitch which is a collection of four excellent and quite amusing short stories. Tell us what you think if you decide to give it a try.
wow i didnt know Dahl wrote for adults too...thanks man

Has anyone here read Anne of Green Gables?

@Jungibaaz @Joe Shearer

I have, actually, when a teenager at Sainik School. Very sad book, left me melancholy for days. Why?

You're in for a BIG surprise. :P Start with what I suggested and come back.

Which one should I start with?

@RAMPAGE
@Jungibaaz
@Oscar

I'm sorry, I lost track of this thread and left my suggestion up in the air.

I would seriously like to recommend Eddington's The Worm Ouroboros. Cracking good fun. I can imagine Eddington composing it when he was about WAJsal's age, and setting it down properly, on paper, in later years. It is polished writing, and consistent use of a kind of faux mediaeval English which rings true, every syllable of it. But the plot is all.

Best of all, it's in PDF:

paravel.net/ob.pdf

Oscar, have you read Candide?

Back
Top Bottom