What's new

Which Book are you reading

Only about 50 pages in, but already I'm liking it.

Excellent book, very hard to read, the index of names is like 40 pages long. :woot:
Then again, it does cover tens of thousands of years of history.

Though, I'd wager, I am the biggest Tolkien fan on the forum.
In fact, I was going to make a thread on his works on this very forum.

edit: Lord of the Rings and the Tolkien Universe :D

Of the three major works, which one are you partial to?

For me it has to be The Silmarillion

51ku8e02eOL._SX326_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

So i did two threads on episodes from eastern front. One was about the winter battle of 1941-42 other was about the battle of kursk. I took the content from these two books by Paul Carell. They cover the complete story of eastern front from german perspective, from the attack in june 1941 to the summer of 1944.

51xj8y2YsPL._SX356_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

519B9310v5L.jpg

Curtain Call, Anthony Quinn (Jonathan Cape, 327pp)Peter Stanford. I think it is the best book to read.

Finished "40 rules of love" by alif shafak..
one of the best books read in the recent past. highly recommended.
Caution: The real fun begins when u pass the first 25 to 30 pages.

Just finished reading this little piece of perfection.

41oOzUL3P5L._SX339_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Two stories inside; How much land does a man need?, and What men live by.

Currently reading this:

41DNy5Adg1L._SX309_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

prosperous-few-restless-many.jpg

Just finished reading this little piece of perfection.

41oOzUL3P5L._SX339_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Two stories inside; How much land does a man need?, and What men live by.

I laboured through War and Peace once in my teenage days. Was an interesting albeit time consuming read.

presently reading 'romancing with life' which is the autobiography of the veteran hindi cinema actor, the late dev anand... i am in the initial chapters that start from the 30's and then to his arrival in bombay and poona, the centers of hindi film making... and must say some of the pages he writes of his adventures that are quite steamy. :D

nice title... will try to obtain it in a second-hand store.

happened to see 'hotel palestine, baghdad' ( by satish jacob ) a few days ago in a second-hand shop and bought it... it is the recollection of the indian journalist, satish jabob, who along with his cameraman, the late nuh nizami, were the only indian journalists in baghdad during in 2003 the initial days of the iraq invasion.

they were in baghdad on behalf of senior journalist saeed naqvi's iraq-special program[1] for the semi-government national tv channel, doordarshan.

i bought the book not for knowing military history but for the political and human angle and knowing that satish jacob covered it in neutral fashion.

---

[1] The Hindu : DD ropes in private producer to cover Iraq crisis

Novels that I'll start reading in Ramzan ...

1. Jane Eyre
2. The Tale of the Body Thief
3. Agency Rules (Positive reviews on Goodreads)
4.Cardinal of the Kremlin
5. A Song of Ice and Fire series (Reread)

Suggestions are most welcome.

@MastanKhan @Jungibaaz

Novels that I'll start reading in Ramzan ...

1. Jane Eyre
2. The Tale of the Body Thief
3. Agency Rules (Positive reviews on Goodreads)
4.Cardinal of the Kremlin
5. A Song of Ice and Fire series (Reread)

Suggestions are most welcome.

@MastanKhan @Jungibaaz

Good call with Jane Eyre, it's something people have also been telling me to read. How is 'A Song of Ice and Fire'? I'm up to date on the show, any advice on whether I should start reading it?

I'm not sure what kind of books you're in to, I've recently taken a break from Tolkien, I just got two Dostoevsky books recently, Crime and Punishment, and The Brothers Karamazov.

Back
Top Bottom