What's new

Which Book are you reading

just bought this one.
51XOlFMcAxL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Only about 50 pages in, but already I'm liking it.

4177YnjZNrL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

i have been meaning to get to it.... how is it?
:raise:
A compulsory read to understand the entire Tolkien universe found in the LofTR/Bilbo ones.

Hope you enjoy it, Tay.

Excellent book, very hard to read, the index of names is like 40 pages long. :woot:
Then again, it does cover tens of thousands of years of history.

Though, I'd wager, I am the biggest Tolkien fan on the forum.
In fact, I was going to make a thread on his works on this very forum.

edit: Lord of the Rings and the Tolkien Universe :D

Last edited:

4177YnjZNrL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Excellent book, very hard to read, the index of names is like 40 pages long. :woot:
Then again, it does cover tens of thousands of years of history.

Glad to connect with another fan ;)

You would have to take a test Sir to claim that title, Good Sir

1. Name of Lord of Balrogs?
2. Names of the two Istari better known as blue wizards?
3. How many continents are there on Arda including middle earth?
4. Who forged the three rings of elves and how are they different from others?

You would have to take a test Sir to claim that title, Good Sir

1. Name of Lord of Balrogs?
2. Names of the two Istari better known as blue wizards?
3. How many continents are there on Arda including middle earth?
4. Who forged the three rings of elves and how are they different from others?

1. Gothmog.
  2. Romestamo and Morhinetar (can't remember the exact spelling, though they're followers of Orome).
  3. This depends on which time we're considering, before the first marring of Arda, before the Battle of Powers, when Melkor had fled Tulkas in the first instance, the world was symmetrical and the continents connected, the lamps of Valinor wrought by Aule and lit by Yavanna were placed North and South, then after the battle, Arda was damaged, it was later that there was a divide between Aman and Middle Earth, Manwe's kingdom and Morgoth's shadow from Utumno, only then did the first Elves awake in Cuivienen. So over time the continents are: Hither Lands (includes Middle Earth and Beleriand), Aman (Undying Lands), Dark land to the south, East Land which is hardly named, and Numenor. Also, there was one other small island in the middle of Arda before its marring, I don't recall its name.
  4. The three elven rings were forged by Celebrimbor, they were meant to be used in the same way as the seven rings for the Dwarves and the nine for Men. However, the Elves perceived Sauron's intent after he forged and put on the master ring and they wore these no longer, for as long as his dominion remained, the original ring bearers were: Galadirel, Gil-galad and Cirdan, later: Galadriel, Gandalf, Elrond. They were unique in this way that they were willingly passed on to others, they did not ensnare any of their bearers, not were any lost like the Dwarven rings or destroyed like the one and the dwarven rings. They also, all of them sailed off into the West, where no rings of power of that story passed into.

1. Gothmog.
  2. Romestamo and Morhinetar (can't remember the exact spelling, though they're followers of Orome).
  3. This depends on which time we're considering, before the first marring of Arda, before the Battle of Powers, when Melkor had fled Tulkas in the first instance, the world was symmetrical and the continents connected, the lamps of Valinor wrought by Aule and lit by Yavanna were placed North and South, then after the battle, Arda was damaged, it was later that there was a divide between Aman and Middle Earth, Manwe's kingdom and Morgoth's shadow from Utumno, only then did the first Elves awake in Cuivienen. So over time the continents are: Hither Lands (includes Middle Earth and Beleriand), Aman (Undying Lands), Dark land to the south, East Land which is hardly named, and Numenor. Also, there was one other small island in the middle of Arda before its marring, I don't recall its name.
  4. The three elven rings were forged by Celebrimbor, they were meant to be used in the same way as the seven rings for the Dwarves and the nine for Men. However, the Elves perceived Sauron's intent after he forged and put on the master ring and they wore these no longer, for as long as his dominion remained, the original ring bearers were: Galadirel, Gil-galad and Cirdan, later: Galadriel, Gandalf, Elrond. They were unique in this way that they were willingly passed on to others, they did not ensnare any of their bearers, not were any lost like the Dwarven rings or destroyed like the one and the dwarven rings. They also, all of them sailed off into the West, where no rings of power of that story passed into.

*clap* *clap*

And hereby I bestow upon thee the crown of Lord of the Fans.

Back
Top Bottom