What's new

Whether an Army officer can marry a foreign national?

no he cant ....he can marry anyone in the world except Indian national or maybe israeli ...
otherwise Pakistani ma koi kami nai han :)

She is ready to renounce her indian citizenship (as to live in pak later on she can't keep indian citizenship)... So if she renounces indian citizenship , would there be still a problem (clearance etc)?
Clearance would be there, but not sure she would be able to get our nationality that easily.

Xeric, I hope you are well!
Wow..nice to have you back.

i am guud, and you?

I think exceptions exist and there is some relaxation now. First hand, at least in my family, I have seen a case where a spouse with foreign nationality had to give it up to get married to a relative in the Army. However just reading Dawn the other day, I came across a letter to the editor where a PAF officer looking for early retirement had a spouse with dual nationality. Perhaps the exception is for dual citizens of Pakistani origin but if you were a foreign citizen marrying an officer of the Pakistani armed forces then you would have to surrender your foreign citizenship and take up Pakistani.
Like i said earlier, dual nationals can marry faujis, provided they have the nationality of that country which has a dual nationality contract with Pakistan, and those are the 16 countries i have already mentioned. In all other cases, they have to give up their nationality.

You mean he shouldn't go for army if he wants to marry her. ?
Is the ruling same for other govt officials ?

Actually she and their family are typical kashmiris (pro ****) .... But does this really matter?
Bro is working as a software engineer and wants to join army as an ICTO (Direct short service commission in signal corps) but what i came across after the discussion he will have to abandon one for the other. Either army(his childhood passion) or the girl.
well now that is something only army can tell u precisely.

Army personnel can marry foreign Nationals after Security Clarence(which depends on your position , Role , your future endeavours etc ) .. but getting that clearance is not a piece of cake .. and even if he gets the clearance his promotions will be slow as compared to others .

But In this case I dont think he will get the clearance as mentioned by @Rashid Mahmood .
this could prove to be a good source?

Why do you feel stupid for tagging me in posts about my ancestry, does my belonging to a military family some how change my Pukhtoon credentials, my family has a rich history of military service and even voluntary fighting in the Afghan war so I dont see how my Pukhtoon credentials are in question. Just because I dont agree with you on things concerning Puktoon fascism doesnt mean that you can label me a lesser Pukhtoon, I cant and I wont agree with you points blindingly in some sort of intellectual slavery so peace, and dont tag me further if you want odds are I am going to read your post anyways because I read all the new threads everyday....

Ghulami rata agyar khare Puktun yema
Dunya rana pade take khapa da....
Khattak?

Last edited:
Clearance would be there, but not sure she would be able to get our nationality that easily.

Wow..nice to have you back.

i am guud, and you?

Like i said earlier, dual nationals can marry faujis, provided they have the nationality of that country which has a dual nationality contract with Pakistan, and those are the 16 countries i have already mentioned. In all other cases, they have to give up their nationality.
Doing very well. Good to see you at your best firing away answers to posts.

1.What is ICTO?
2. Pre-71 military officers were allowed to wed Turks, Iranians and Indians (for family connection). All the same a clearance was required.

1.What is ICTO?
2. Pre-71 military officers were allowed to wed Turks, Iranians and Indians (for family connection). All the same a clearance was required.
After BD i think things have changed.

Back
Top Bottom