What's new

Where's the beef? Indians don't want to know

Just out of curiosity which community is the largest consumer of pork in India ?

Must be the North-Eastern states of India.Since their cuisines have a heavy Chinese influence in them,pork is an essential ingredient in their dishes.

Just read the entire article. Does not look like the guy has ever been to India. News Flash buddy. We eat Chicken,Duck, Pork, Beef,Goat, Sheep, Emus, Rabbits, Quail, Fish, Crab, Goose, Ostrich, deer...and I could go on and on. Someone should send him a report of India's annual beef production.

Beef and pork is a regular item on the menu here in most part of north-east India except for assam ,tripura and manipur where beef is comparatively rare. Pork is preferred if economically suitable..Mithun (a kind of wild cow) is favorite of people from arunacahal..

Beef and pork is a regular item on the menu here in most part of north-east India except for assam ,tripura and manipur where beef is comparatively rare. Pork is preferred if economically suitable..Mithun (a kind of wild cow) is favorite of people from arunacahal..

Yup..Whenever I used to sit down for dinner with my Manipuri pals,almost everything they cooked had pork in it.Noodles,fried rice,meatballs..you name it.

Thousands of cows are also herded from India to Pakistan via Rajhistan border and every one including the BSF is complicity in this illegal trade.

Thousands of cows are also herded from India to Pakistan via Rajhistan border and every one including the BSF is complicity in this illegal trade.

In India both beefs and porks are sold. It's personal choice what to consume. Most of the Indians don't eat beefs but still few do eat!

some links please...
anyways..its funny to note that,while the leaders of the two countries have choked bilateral trade,it still goes on albeit illegally between the two countries.

Sounds unlikely but possible. There are nomads known to openly travel and trade between the countries in the desert, oblivious to which country they are in.

I dont eat beef but am yet to find out why. None of the Hindu gurus can explain to me where in our scriptures beef is forbidden. In fact none of them can point out where the eating of meat is forbidden in Hindu scriptures. I dont eat pork either but I believe that is due to the Islamic influence on my family in Delhi. Apart from that I eat everything else including snails, frogs and crocodiles :D

some links please...
anyways..its funny to note that,while the leaders of the two countries have choked bilateral trade,it still goes on albeit illegally between the two countries.

^^^ Khane ka mamla hai nah,way more important than wars!!!

I'm kinda surprised at some of the posts on this thread.Steaks and minced meat sizzlers of any meat combo figure in menus from fine dining establishments to commonplace food joints/steakhouses(they might occasionally overdo your "medium rare" order but they do serve it).It's impossible for anyone to miss them if you have a need to feed.

I dont eat beef but am yet to find out why. None of the Hindu gurus can explain to me where in our scriptures beef is forbidden. In fact none of them can point out where the eating of meat is forbidden in Hindu scriptures. I dont eat pork either but I believe that is due to the Islamic influence on my family in Delhi. Apart from that I eat everything else including snails, frogs and crocodiles :D
You're not gonna find a reference. It does not exist. Not even for Brahmins. Abstaining from meat, and other food items except staple and fruit was the norm only for meditating saints. Eventually was adopted as a necessary ritual.
If anyone has references from religious books to prove me wrong,I'm all ears.

You're not gonna find a reference. It does not exist. Not even for Brahmins. Abstaining from meat, and other food items except staple and fruit was the norm only for meditating saints. Eventually was adopted as a necessary ritual.
If anyone has references from religious books to prove me wrong,I'm all ears.

If I am not very much mistaken people will not find references for Sati system or caste system that is hereditary.

---------- Post added at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

Shops in India sell frogs ? Or are you talking about the Bostawanan cuisine ?

I know some shops in Kolkata that sell frogs.Frog legs are a part of French and Cantonese cuisine.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom