What's new

Where is Islam in Islamic Republic of Pakistan?

Because that is not what we need. We do not need to change our governmental view on religion. Pakistan is semi-secular even if it has a "Islamic Republic" attached in its name. We allow minority religions to take part in most prominent positions in politics, military and media.

Implementing Sharia would become way too messy for this 'qaum' to handle.

Do you even know Islam was the first law that gave rights to minorities!
Islam is way of life not a practice that should be performed at home only.

There are many more Muslims in India than in Pakistan. And India was the home of what is now Paksitan, it's origination point if you will.

I knew Jinnah's younger sister (thanks to Ahmad for correcting my previous mistatement describing Ms. Jinnah as the daughter, faulty memory, as she was much younger), Fatimah in Karachi during my tour of duty with the US Embassy there. She was a good Muslim, as was Mr. Jinnah, but they did not advocate a theocratic nation but a nation within which ALL faiths would practice freely and openly their differing systems, but Islam would of course be the majority religion, that was a given.

STOP TROLLING AROUND !

People like you have misunderstood Islam and spread wrong info.
Unlike other religions, Islam has same rules for non-muslim as for muslims.

Read about the era of Hazrat Ali (R.A), when he lost his case in court from a Jew.

The creation of Pakistan, remember, was largely by Lord Mountbatten, not by a religiously divine guidance system.

Pakistan was made on the name of Islam. Mountbatten tried his best to avoid partition. . Dont give absurd statements

Ahaaa so that's it. Language barrier. Apologies.

Anyways, here's the literal translation of what I typed:

How much will it be instead of 3%? 5%? 7%?

Even by 7% I'm giving you an error margin of 133%.

------------

7% of 18million (your current population) is 1.26 million and you (your countrymen) are saying that there are 20 million Christians alone in Pakistan?

Please Indians stop posting here in this thread.
I am requesting very kindly.

thanks.

For my fellow secularist Pakistanis who think Islam is only a personal practice.

“Help your brother, be he a wrong-doer or wronged”. Thereupon a man exclaimed, “O Messenger of Allah! I may help if he is wronged, but how could I help a wrongdoer?” The Prophet answered, “You must prevent him from doing wrong: that will be your help to him”.
a. In this hadith, who is being referred to as ‘your brother’?
'Your brother' is one's fellow Muslim, a brother by virtue of one's faith.

b. When can you consider someone to be wronged and how can you help your brother who is wronged?
When a fellow Muslim becomes a victim of injustice, he is wronged and he needs the help and support from his fellow Muslims. One can help him by raising one’s voice and bringing justice to his case.

c. What does the Prophet mean by ‘Helping a wrongdoer’? Why did the Prophet say this?
Helping a wrongdoer is to prevent him/her from doing wrong. When you stop someone from doing wrong, you in fact prevent crimes being committed in the society. You help the society in the larger interest.

assalam alaikum

Don't put all the blaim on mullahs why don't u acknowledge that our political elite also failed to provide an alternative. After all those masses rallied behind qaid and not mullah for the independence drive ask ur self why?

TARIQ

Tariq Mullahs opposed Pakistan , they never rallied behind Quaid infact they called him a traitor etc for eg JI's moudodi !!

This is one of many dilemmas we are facing.

1: We argue on the very reason of the creation of Pakistan
2: We argue on our national character
3: we have issues with our national identity and system of governance.

Unity , Faith , Discipline at this stage seem like a distant dream which is sad and heartbreaking.

well the sad thing about what i said in my earlier post is that it is not even considered a dilemma... it is not even considered an issue

ppl are too busy with arguing if we will be secular or religious...
how many ppl have to heard debating on will we be a nation of equality, justice and freedom? isnt this what we want to get out of being islamic or secular or xyz?

STOP TROLLING AROUND !
He is not trolling - I see nothing wrong with that comment of his.

People like you have misunderstood Islam and spread wrong info.
Unlike other religions, Islam has same rules for non-muslim as for muslims.
I don't think he said anything about Islam, he is merely commenting on what he believes Quaid-e-Azam and his sister's vision of Pakistan was.
Read about the era of Hazrat Ali (R.A), when he lost his case in court from a Jew.
Irrelevant to this thread and his comments.
Pakistan was made on the name of Islam. Mountbatten tried his best to avoid partition. . Dont give absurd statements
Pakistan was made in the name of Muslims, not Islam.

AM

Kindly watch the video that i posted because what you have said as a muslim is very wrong. Allah's laws are not equal or inferior to man made laws.
The point is that if the majority of any people were to follow the principles outlined in the Quran, then any system would work since there would be minimal to no corruption and people would only act in a manner that benefited everyone.

Therefore your argument is self-defeating, and a Utopian vision, since mankind is inherently flawed, and unless you somehow genetically engineer humans to be free of flaws and sins, you will never reach a stage where your conditions of a 'majority being true Muslims' will be fulfilled.

And in any case, have you offered details on this so called 'Islamic system' and how it is supposed to run and what checks and balances it will have? And where in the Quran these details are mentioned?

And what was their faith? secularism or Islam?

Secularism isn't a faith. It is the separation of the state from religious affairs. You can practice what you want as long as it is not involved with the states policy and laws.

It is a very simple idea that people have a very hard time understanding here it seems.

And what was their faith? secularism or Islam?

Depends on the Muslim ....

Not just how they view their faith, but whether they interpret their faith to mean that religions should be kept out of government, and should be a private matter.

Muslims possess diverse views on the role of religion in public life - some want it to govern everyday life through government, whereas others do not, and some want a combination i.e laws in consonance with Islamic teachings, but at the same time a State that is democratic an allows equal rights and freedom to people of all faiths and races.

Pakistan was never claimed to be 'made in the name of Islam', it was 'made in the name of Muslims', and there is a huge difference between the two.

Back
Top Bottom