What's new

When will BrahMos breach Mach 7 barrier?

Brahmos will soon cross mach 3.5 it will reach mach 5 in coming 3 years. Range shall be increased to 800 km. Mounted on mki, we shall be able strike at ultra long range. We already demonstrated this in gagan shakti 2018. This will further enhance our fire power. Enemy ships will be at the mercy of god.

Meaning you have no clue on what you pasted. Just cutting and pasting from internet sites won't cut it. The burden is on you to prove that you are not a false flagger.

Oh, I am a false flagger. I am a Pakistani from Sialkot.

Jai Hind.

I may be a newbie here but a veteran in this business. the ownership was busted a decade ago. Do you know where it was? So stop lecturing me.

I have no clue. The mil pros and other senior members of the forum asked the Webby there to make me a moderator since we didn't have an active moderator, so I became one, not because I wanted to be one.

We were constantly attacked by spammers and I used to clean up the forum. That's probably the only thing I did as a moderator, janitor work. Once other more experienced members came in, I didn't have to be a moderator anymore.

Overall, I don't really care about the ownership of forums, I am more concerned with the content. The only reason why I am on this forum.

Oh, I am a false flagger. I am a Pakistani from Sialkot.

Jai Hind.

You can runaway with such silly statements but your cover has been blown away.

I have no clue. The mil pros and other senior members of the forum asked the Webby there to make me a moderator since we didn't have an active moderator, so I became one, not because I wanted to be one.

We were constantly attacked by spammers and I used to clean up the forum. That's probably the only thing I did as a moderator, janitor work. Once other more experienced members came in, I didn't have to be a moderator anymore.

Overall, I don't really care about the ownership of forums, I am more concerned with the content. The only reason why I am on this forum.

Initially you claimed that it was run by a false flagger. When I confronted that it wasn't, now you change the track and claim that you were doing a janitor job cleaning up the forum. Who are you trying to fool? Forum admins using tools like akismet to fight the spam not have a moderator.

Hi @Taygibay
On a slightly different note, this is the indigenous micro turbofan for nirbhay CM that under went high altitude testing at LEH. It performed satisfactorily and produced 400kgf of thrust.View attachment 471008

Also no matter what fan boys say, the major challenge now in achieving hypersonic speeds is purely metallurgy. They have not been able to sustain the combustion for more than 20 seconds, for any meaningful weapon they'd have to demonstrate the combustion for at least 2 full minutes. In my personal opinion pushing brahmos to ~3.5machs is within the reach of DRDO, however anything beyond 5 would require substantial work and time.
In all the rubbish posts this is the only meaningful post.
Few and far between indeed.
Nice..!

You can runaway with such silly statements but your cover has been blown away.

Initially you claimed that it was run by a false flagger.

Whatchu talking about? IDF was run by a Pakistani who pretended to be an Indian. That's a false flagger.

When I confronted that it wasn't, now you change the track and claim that you were doing a janitor job cleaning up the forum. Who are you trying to fool? Forum admins using tools like akismet to fight the spam not have a moderator.

I was the only moderator there, apart from another, who became a mod the same time I did. The admin was not active at all. And even the mod functions were limited. I had to go the long way of deleting the spammers and spams by dealing with each post individually. The only options I had were editing and moving posts, deleting posts and perma ban. It was a pretty shitty job. Then the new admins came in and brought in new features, especially dealing with spam.

I never had a conversation with the admins of the forum at all. I just woke up one day and noticed that I was a mod. And then life continued as usual. It was a very, very relaxed forum. In fact, the originals who were left before new members came in want to actually go back to those days.

Indians and their wet dreams :lol:
10 years ago i read that Agni-5 will have MIRV and Ani-6 will be deployed withing months.
Still waiting.

have to demonstrate the combustion for at least 2 full minutes. In my personal opinion pushing brahmos to ~3.5machs is within the reach of DRDO, however anything beyond 5 would require substantial work and time.

Add the growing pains in the size equation.
The Brahmos is big but even starting with the
ASMP_A to get to the ASN4G, they will have to
increase size to fit enough fuel for 1x minutes
at M7 compared to M3.

So you make the missile bigger and then it has
a harder time penetrating though air annulling
most of your gain. Luckily, the problem goes away
at "work" altitude but it does point to the transition
phases that consume a lot of potential.

Did you launch from air at mach 1 or mach 2? At
10 000 ft or at 20 000? Booster or no booster? ETC.

I'd aim for 15-20 minutes flight duration myself as
a lofty goal whatever the real req. metric is. Not
only because it would cover more of the earth in
range but to keep energy for targeting moves at
or very near the end of its course.

this is the indigenous micro turbofan for nirbhay CM that under went high altitude testing at LEH.

Leh testing is interesting. It should be a plus for
Indian research to have such a challenging goal
of making the highest altitude weaponry. A young
engineer should be motivated by that. Beyond
the hype, it would be a selling point too.

The major challenge I've faced till now is the computational complexity , for instance if I take an aerospace model with 9 states then my neuro fuzzy controller needs at least 3^9 or 19683 integrations to approximate just one element of the unknown dynamics. That's where multi core processors come in handy. I'll gladly share my research with you, also do you want to read my first AIAA paper?

I assume you are talking real time but
isn't there a way to build a library of best
solutions? Or/and is hardware a limitation?

In any case, yes for the reading offer.
Just add @ and gmail to my nickname, AYK.

Have a great day, Tay.

I'd aim for 15-20 minutes flight duration myself as
Hi @Taygibay
That's a very very lofty goal and unfortunately unachievable even for the great US of A. I mean the reason why it is difficult is simply because the combustion inside a hypersonic vehicle takes place super sonically-- I'm specifically talking about scramjet engine. And stabilizing it for such a long duration is very difficult. It is even more difficult for India from the perspective of metallurgy.
But even if they could hold it for let's say 2-3 minutes, then at 7machs the missile could travel more than 400kms.

I assume you are talking real time but
isn't there a way to build a library of best
solutions? Or/and is hardware a limitation?
Yes I was talking about real time implementation on an auto pilot something like raspberry pi based erle brain or NAVIO. The main challenge in neuro fuzzy controllers is that the complexity grows exponentially as the input size increases. Simulations are equally expensive and here as you can see in the pic below it have run it on all my 4cores.
15252445591759098545023817536999.jpg

I know it's a lofty goal my friend,
but I also know how minds work
and for high achievers, which such
endeavours require you to hire, you
need 3 types of goals.

Comparing to bodybuilding :
Immediate goal : complete workout.
Attainable goal : compete next year.
Aim for goal : become Mr Universe.

Sometimes, you'll find a natural and
he'll surprise you by reaching 'em all.
But if you don't aim high enough, he
will have been trained by someone else.

And supposing you get only 1 or 2 big
breaks from attempting the latter, that
can be used in the middle term i.e. in
your final product. Trickle down thang!

Side note, at mach 7, 20 minutes equals
2850km, roughly. But if a third of your
fuel gets you up to speed and a fourth
is used for end trajectory corrections,
you only have more like 1,500 or about
kilometers in effective range.

Mac Pro rumour : a new one will come.
Considering the black waste can offers
up to 12 cores, the new model should be
right up your alley. Rumour says 2020 so
just open a savings account today?
mac-pro-config-hero-201505.jpeg

Or have your local tech dept build you
a nice frankencore, IDK 36 or more.

Just kidding, exascale is the way to go
for you, like 72 cores w. 4threads each
as Intel does (I-9 base ). Still rackable so
it could fit a plane or a very big missile.

:-) Tay.

I know it's a lofty goal my friend,
but I also know how minds work
and for high achievers, which such
endeavours require you to hire, you
need 3 types of goals.

Comparing to bodybuilding :
Immediate goal : complete workout.
Attainable goal : compete next year.
Aim for goal : become Mr Universe.

Sometimes, you'll find a natural and
he'll surprise you by reaching 'em all.
But if you don't aim high enough, he
will have been trained by someone else.

And supposing you get only 1 or 2 big
breaks from attempting the latter, that
can be used in the middle term i.e. in
your final product. Trickle down thang!

Mac Pro rumour : a new one will come.
Considering the black waste can offers
up to 12 cores, the new model should be
right up your alley. Rumour says 2020 so
just open a savings account today?
View attachment 471194

Or have your local tech dept build you
a nice frankencore, IDK 36 or more.

Just kidding, exascale is the way to go
for you, like 72 cores w. 4threads each
as Intel does (I-9 base ). Still rackable so
it could fit a plane or a very big missile.

:-) Tay.
@Taygibay
We also have a server with 24 cores,however I was performing the simulations on my own system and it was taking up all the processors and RAM. The reason why AI based controls have not become mainstream is simply because of the computational complexity. In aerospace systems , of we take full order model, then the computational complexity just blows up to an extent where autopilots like raspberry pi will just crumble. We'd need something like GTX and nvidia based SBC(single board computer).

It's a choice between speed and duration. If I get mach 7 for 20 min, then mach 10 for 5 min is a better option.

The most optimistic goal for Brahmos is mach 13 for 400+ Km. So anywhere between 7 and 13. The most preferable is mach 11.

The speed or duration can be tweaked depending on what's the objective.

india is not capable of completely developing a hypersonic missile.

the brahmos uses a ramjet engine and has the ability to run upto mach 4-5 but its sweet spot is mach 2.5-3 which is what the current speed of the brahmos is.

this means a new scram jet powered missile is needed. not considering india cant make the ramjet engine there is no way in the foreseeable future that a scram jet engine of indigenous indian origin would come to fruition.

this new missile would be a version of the russian hypersonic missile and plastered with the name brahmos 2.
looking at the current relationship with russia declining, i doubt they would be happy with sharing this tech with india, especially considering the growing ties with the usa. and still pissed of that the usn personnel were allowed on the leased nuclear sub.

if the usa, austrailia, and europe are having trouble then india will certainly be having trouble considering they wont have access to the level of technology from the usa, austrailia, and europe. then india stands no chance.
perhaps taking inspiration from pakistan and having a solid rock missile which is hypersonic at terminal speeds

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom