What's new

When I went to India, I said, this government should be sustained: Foreign Minister Momen

USA may just do it through the military, it won't take an all out economic war. Lets not underestimate the US. In any case, I am still interested to know what is causing the US irritation about Hasina. What is it they want that they are not getting?

This is simply not possible as all the key people in the military are Hasina loyalists.

Unlike Pakistan, BD military is totally loyal to Hasina and the BAL government.

If it was this easy then do you seriously think that Hasina would be speaking out against the sanctions over the last several weeks?

BD is not like Pakistan and has a strong central governent fully supported by the military and has a united population free of ethnic discord.

This is simply not possible as all the key people in the military are Hasina loyalists.

If it was this easy then do you seriously think that Hasina would be speaking out against the sanctions over the last several weeks?

BD is not like Pakistan and has a strong central governent fully supported by the military and has a united population free of ethnic discord.

There is no loyalty. Loyalty is for sale, it can change anytime. I don't believe any of the military generals have any loyalty to Hasina or AL's ideology. It's more like they are benefiting from it, so the loyalty is a purchased, give and take one. Hasina is confidently speaking out against sanctions because of other reasons, she either perceived it's safe to do so in a way that she can bargain or negotiate away with the US or she calculated that it's in the interest of India that she stays and India will because of it's own interest do diplomacy with the US to convince them not to remove Hasina. India has a lot of diplomatic clout in the US nowadays.

Momen has a loose mouth, that's why. He lacks common sense about public speaking.

I also don't anticipate regime change in BD but nothing is impossible.

USA may just do it through the military, it won't take an all out economic war. Lets not underestimate the US. In any case, I am still interested to know what is causing the US irritation about Hasina. What is it they want that they are not getting?

As for China, it will become a very powerful economy and likely surpass the US, it will also close all the technological gaps with the US and EU. Whether it will behave like the US superpower and the European colonialists is a different matter and is doubtful. China can have all the economic, military, technological and industrial power but if it doesn't have the ability to create a sort of an alliance and has the will to go and provide cover and protection to allies, it will hardly be a power.

Bro,

US wants BD to shun Russia and China.

And join the quad as a lapdog.

But that would be catastrophic for our economy.

Reza has already agreed to it hence he is now their golden boy.

Bro,

US wants BD to shun Russia and China.

And join the quad as a lapdog.

But that would be catastrophic for our economy.

What the heck BD can contribute to QUAD. BD has a military force in name only.

Military is loyal to sovereign Bangladesh , and vowed to protect Bangladesh!

Their loyalty isn't towards any individual!

General Moyeen was also appointed as army chief because of his loyalty ( so called ) to khaleda Zia!

You know what happened later!

Did Reza Kibria directly say so ?

What the heck BD can contribute to QUAD. BD has a military force in name only.

Bangladesh is not required for fighting but for land and port.

US wants to ensure in case of a war BD will allow unfettered access to India and US.

And US wants China to know that.

Which can only happen if BD join the QUAD.

Membership of quad is like kissing the US ring.

And China wants BD to stay neutral in a war.

Military is loyal to sovereign Bangladesh , and vowed to protect Bangladesh!

Their loyalty isn't towards any individual!

General Moyeen was also appointed as army chief because of his loyalty ( so called ) to khaleda Zia!

You know what happened later!

Military in third world countries with high degree of corruption are only loyal to their own interests. They are ready to sell themselves like whores. I have no doubt the generals will whore themselves out to the highest bidder.

Bangladesh is not required for fighting but for land and port.

US wants to ensure in case of a war BD will allow unfettered access to India and US.

And US wants China to know that.

Which can only happen if BD join the QUAD.

Membership of quad is like kissing the US ring.

And China wants BD to stay neutral in a war.

I heard this and personally anticipated this. But I hesitate to believe it, that explanation is bit too simplistic.

Military in third world countries with high degree of corruption are only loyal to their own interest. They are ready to sell themselves like whores. I have no doubt the generals will whore themselves out to the highest bidder.
Perhaps some evidences are required when you are using such slur against our armed forces to a common people like me , who is fascinated by the armed forces!

Thank you!

Perhaps some evidences are required when you are using such slur against our armed forces to a common people like me , who is fascinated by the armed forces!

Thank you!

No evidence is required for corrupt people either in the military, politics or bureaucracy. You may as well be beholden to a donkey, wouldn't make a difference.

There is no loyalty. Loyalty is for sale, it can change anytime. I don't believe any of the military generals have any loyalty to Hasina or AL's ideology. It's more like they are benefiting from it, so the loyalty is a purchased, give and take one. Hasina is confidently speaking out against sanctions because of other reasons, she either perceived it's safe to do so in a way that she can bargain or negotiate away with the US or she calculated that it's in the interest of India that she stays and India will because of it's own interest do diplomacy with the US to convince them not to remove Hasina. India has a lot of diplomatic clout in the US nowadays.

To be honest you have not given any credible reason as to why Hasina is confidently speaking out against USA.

Hasina has seen what the USA did to Imran Khan using the Pakistani military and you think she is that dumb that she would say things against the USA if the BD military was not loyal to her? Hasina is an astute politician.

BD is a united nation at both the governance and military level and there is nothing that USA can offer the key people in the military that they are not already getting from Hasina.

Anyway they are not dumb and know there is no-one credible who can hold onto power for a long time if they get rid of Hasina. You do not jump into the unknown when you are benefitting from the known. Simple human psychology as their positions are guaranteed by Hasina and no-one else.

Back
Top Bottom