What's new

When I went to India, I said, this government should be sustained: Foreign Minister Momen

India has always followed an independent foreign policy.

Famously went against USA in 1971.

Hasina is hedging her bets by keeping everyone sweet.

1. China gets the big military purchases and infra. Worth billions and big player in BD defence.

2. India gets transit, protection of chicken neck and trade.

3. USA gets a friendly but not meek BD. We will always toe the US line (e.g. not letting China have a base in Chittagong) unless it threatens our existence e.g. Russian oil
yeah we see last 10 years thier indipendence man stop this BS now india have signed tons of agreements including CAATSA COMCASA etc . today's india is more bound to US then today's pakistan

It's your wishful thinking. India is standing second to China in support of Russia. Two enemies toeing the line to save the world from becoming monopoly. It's actually Pakistan which is faltering despite being lapdog of China.
yeah the same time US spying ships were in india and india we begging from US for not impose sanctions on india. todays india is more US colony then RUSSIAN colony .

today's india is more bound to US then today's pakistan
It is a little different then this. India is in a position to choose while Pakistan is being driven towards whatever limited options it has due to it’s economic state.

It is correct that India has become closer to US. But it hasn’t happened at the cost of its relationship with Russia. India standing with Russia inspite of attempts to stop it was an example of maintaining independent policies.

Pakistan however is in a little different position. Niazi created an unnecessary fuss regarding US and Europe while waiting for a telephone call from Biden. It is not in a position to choose allies as freely as India does. It’s in a bad situation and is being driven towards whatever limited options it has. And we all know what options it has.

Last edited:
It is a little different then this. India is in a position to choose while Pakistan is being driven towards whatever limited options it has due to it’s economic state.

It is correct that India has become closer to US. But it hasn’t happened at the cost of its relationship with Russia. India standing with Russia inspite of attempts to stop it was an example of maintaining independent policies.

Pakistan however is in a little different position. Niazi created an unnecessary fuss regarding US and Europe while waiting for a telephone call from Biden. It is not in a position to choose allies as freely as India does. It’s in a bad situation and is being driven towards whatever limited options it has rather than choosing it.
well when you typing it US using indian sea and airspace day night . india is no more a nutral country india is struck between rock and hard place already . but bhakts cant see it .

well when you typing it US using indian sea and airspace day night . india is no more a nutral country india is struck between rock and hard place already .
Geopolitics keeps changing and nations try and make the best of every situation. What they make of it depends on various factors. India has its issues too. What it has been able to do is pretty commendable.

Everyone who believes that India has done pretty ok doesn’t become a bhakt. If it entails being called a bhakt. Then so be it.

yeah we see last 10 years thier indipendence man stop this BS now india have signed tons of agreements including CAATSA COMCASA etc . today's india is more bound to US then today's pakistan

yeah the same time US spying ships were in india and india we begging from US for not impose sanctions on india. todays india is more US colony then RUSSIAN colony .

India has outsourced its China policy to USA. Because it is too weak to take on China.

But it still maintains its independence over Russia. Russia is India’s all weather ally.

So you are right and wrong.

India has outsourced its China policy to USA. Because it is too weak to take on China.

But it still maintains its independence over Russia. Russia is India’s all weather ally.

So you are right and wrong.
things start like this sir . you may be unaware but US work like this . start from good relations to dictate others on everything . once landslide starts its never ends

Geopolitics keeps changing and nations try and make the best of every situation. What they make of it depends on various factors. India has its issues too. What it has been able to do is pretty commendable.

Everyone who believes that India has done pretty ok doesn’t become a bhakt. If it entails being called a bhakt. Then so be it.

You are spot on.

Only the US has a truly independent foreign policy.

Even Russia had to toe the line on Iraq.

China toes the US line most of the time.

India toes the US line almost always.

Putin is testing US’ capacity to be a hegemon. Putin will probably fail.

China may never be able to stand on equal terms with USA. It’s not going to happen in our life time.

Pakistan is one of the few countries forced to slavishly toe the US line.

Even BD has told US it will follow US line but there will be exceptions.

things start like this sir . you may be unaware but US work like this . start from good relations to dictate others on everything . once landslide starts its never ends

You may be proved right in the future.

Let’s say, if India needs US arms technology to thwart China. There will be a price. In that scenario, India will have to officially sever links with Russia.

You are spot on.

Only the US has a truly independent foreign policy.

Even Russia had to toe the line on Iraq.

China toes the US line most of the time.

India toes the US line almost always.

Putin is testing US’ capacity to be a hegemon. Putin will probably fail.

China may never be able to stand on equal terms with USA. It’s not going to happen in our life time.

Pakistan is one of the few countries forced to slavishly toe the US line.

Even BD has told US it will follow US line but there will be exceptions.

This is not true.
You are describing the US partly as it was post-Berlin wall.

The US has to actually toe the line of a lot of countries. Its called give and take, creating trust and goodwill.

If the US was purely tyrannical it would loose its hegemony position very quickly.

As far as China, they toes US line when its in Chinese interest to do so. Every country would do the same. China has very different geopolitical goals than the US and therefore dosent have a problem to be Yes-man in order to keep US happy now and then.

Last edited:
This is not true.
You are describing the US partly as it was post-Berlin wall.

The US has to actually toe the line of a lot of countries. Its called give and take, creating trust and goodwill.

If the US was purely tyrannical it would loose its hegemony position very quickly.

As far as China, they toes US line when its in Chinese interest to do so. Every country would do the same. China has very different geopolitical goals than the US and therefore dosent have a problem to be Yes-man in order to keep US happy now and then.

Bro, Uncle Sam IS A tyrannical power.

Have you forgotten the “war on terror”?

Not sure why Momen said this as it is known that India has a strategic interest in having a friendly BD government in power.

Also China is very pro this AL government and will also support it.

I would not worry about regime change in BD as the US would need to launch an all-out economic war to do it. It is not like in Pakistan where they just needed to phone the Army General to overthrown Imran Khan.

Not sure why Momen said this as it is known that India has a strategic interest in having a friendly BD government in power.

I would not worry about regime change in BD as the US would need to launch an all-out economic war to do it. It is not like in Pakistan where they just needed to phone the Army General to overthrown Imran Khan.

I think Momen was just goading the US 🤣

Momen has a loose mouth, that's why. He lacks common sense about public speaking.

I also don't anticipate regime change in BD but nothing is impossible. The US is still quite powerful. The real question is why the US wants a regime change in BD if it really wants it. What does it wants from BD that Hasina is standing against? I have some guesses and conjectures but those are only guesses and conjectures. I am failing to understand what exactly they want.

Momen has a loose mouth, that's why. He lacks common sense about public speaking.

I also don't anticipate regime change in BD but nothing is impossible. The US is still quite powerful. The real question is why the US wants a regime change in BD if it really wants it. What does it wants from BD that Hasina is standing against? I have some guesses and conjectures but those are only guesses and conjectures. I am failing to understand what exactly they want.

It really does not matter what the USA wants as they are not going to get it.

BD would never p*ss off the Chinese to please the USA as China is next door and will become an all-spectrum superpower as early as 2030.

Yes USA is still powerful enough to overthrow Hasina but there would be a cost to it. It would need to launch an all-out economic war against BD and I just cannot see them being crazy enough to even think about doing this as they would look irrational and crazy even to their other Western allies.

I also don't anticipate regime change in BD but nothing is impossible.
It really does not matter what the USA wants as they are not going to get it.

BD would never p*ss off the Chinese to please the USA as China is next door and will become an all-spectrum superpower as early as 2030.

Yes USA is still powerful enough to overthrow Hasina but there would be a cost to it. It would need to launch an all-out economic war against BD and I just cannot see them being crazy enough to even think about doing this as they would look irrational and crazy even to their other Western allies.

USA may just do it through the military, it won't take an all out economic war. Lets not underestimate the US. In any case, I am still interested to know what is causing the US irritation about Hasina. What is it they want that they are not getting?

As for China, it will become a very powerful economy and likely surpass the US, it will also close all the technological gaps with the US and EU. Whether it will behave like the US superpower and the European colonialists is a different matter and is doubtful. China can have all the economic, military, technological and industrial power but if it doesn't have the ability to create a sort of an alliance and has the will to go and provide cover and protection to allies, it will hardly be a power.

Speak something in the morning and change it in the afternoon! Again drama started! Does the chain of command fail then?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom