What's new

WHEN CHINA BECOMES NO.1, WHAT HAPPENS THEN?

Yes, NIIP is like a nation's "International + Financial + Balance Sheet". For your obsession with such description, it has been used in many articles, get it?

The pros say it is like external or inter-national balance sheet of a nation, but you don't like it, because according to you NIIP is not a complete presentation of balance sheet, reason being "inbound and outbound investments ONLY". Wrong, obviously isn't it? Don't change your argument, stand by your statement. Majority or minority, all entries are upto IMF and central banks to decide, not you, get it?

Also, remember I have told you whatever are these "categories" of entries in either assets or liabilities, they are just NOT positions, which is assets less liabilities. Don't get wrong again and again, get it?

You are getting mired in ridiculous arguments common to laymen who brag as "pro" or incompetent "pro"
What do the title of these link said that you quoted

"Net International Investment Position (NIIP) Definition | Investopedia
The UK’s External Balance Sheet – The International Investment Position (IIP) - ONS"

"positions"
not a professional wholesome and complete balance sheet or even as referred to you mayhem and disastrous "ifbs"

and where is an "ifbs"i in standard Balance Sheet format available anywhere? show me?

I know NIIP, but mention nothing like Net Worth of a Nation. How about your use a language that this forum can understand to explain with is a nation's Net Worth?

What is ''NETWORTH" as you showed it to me on the previous comments and as if you are showing it to the people in the forum
Then as you said your claim of "ifbs" is so " international" and "financial" then what is the net worth of EU or even China?

Get those above?
Geez

another hour for the comeback, again?

Even in the above quotations they do not use "ifbs", because "ifbs" is ridiculous
Pros use terms carefully not to create a joke

Yes, NIIP is like a nation's "International + Financial + Balance Sheet". For your obsession with such description, it has been used in many articles, get it?

The pros say it is like external or inter-national balance sheet of a nation, but you don't like it, because according to you NIIP is not a complete presentation of balance sheet, reason being "inbound and outbound investments ONLY". Wrong, obviously isn't it? Don't change your argument, stand by your statement. "Majority" or "minority", all entries are upto IMF and central banks to decide, not you, get it?

Also, remember I have told you whatever are these "categories" of entries in either assets or liabilities, they are just NOT positions, which is assets less liabilities. Don't get wrong again and again, get it?

I have mentioned NIIP of nations, know "net worth" of individuals, but mention nothing like "net worth" of any "nation". How about your use a language that this forum can understand to explain with is it?

Net Worth Definition | Investopedia

Bro, I understand what you're saying but I guess I understand what Keel is saying also. You say that Japan is a creditor nation. I guess in everyday sense, a creditor is someone who has money to lend it out and make interest as revenue. But Japan's debt is 250% of GDP meaning in layman's term if a person make $100k/year he incurs debt of $250k which hardly make him a person that can lend money out.

The balance sheet only show assets, liabilities, equity of a company or a country in this case but not the "cash flow" and revenue the country is generating. I guess the better way is if you can come out with an Income Statement from each respective countries :-)

@Keel @CCP

Bro, I understand what you're saying but I guess I understand what Keel is saying also. You say that Japan is a creditor nation. I guess in everyday sense, a creditor is someone who has money to lend it out and make interest as revenue. But Japan's debt is 250% of GDP meaning in layman's term if a person make $100k/year he incurs debt of $250k which hardly make him a person that can lend money out.

The balance sheet only show assets, liabilities, equity of a company or a country in this case but not the "cash flow" and revenue the country is generating. I guess the better way is if you can come out with an Income Statement from each respective countries :-)

@Keel @CCP

Good points
That was part of the argument which I talked about
The guy included BoP into his "ifbs" which is ridiculous
And it is a laugh there in the financial realm a term as funny as "ifbs"

Even in the report issued by UK the contents refer to frequently and appropriately IIP or net IIP very cautiously

@Shotgunner51 :
if you so believe in your so called "ifbs", what is the Total Fixed Assets of China?

You are getting mired in ridiculous arguments common to laymen who brag as "pro" or incompetent "pro"
What do the title of these link said that you quoted

"Net International Investment Position (NIIP) Definition | Investopedia
The UK’s External Balance Sheet – The International Investment Position (IIP) - ONS"

"positions"
not a professional wholesome and complete balance sheet or even as referred to you mayhem and disastrous "ifbs"

and where is an "ifbs"i in standard Balance Sheet format available anywhere? show me?

Didn't you click? OK

Net International Investment Position (NIIP) Definition | Investopedia Net International Investment Position (NIIP) Definition | Investopedia

DEFINITION of 'Net International Investment Position (NIIP)'
A nation’s stock of foreign assets minus its foreign liabilities. The Net International Investment Position (NIIP) can also be defined as the value of overseas assets owned by a nation minus the value of domestic assets owned by foreigners. The NIIP can therefore be regarded as a nation’s balance sheet with the rest of the world at a specific point in time. NIIP includes overseas assets and liabilities held by a nation’s government, the private sector and its citizens. A negative NIIP figure indicates that a nation’s foreign liabilities exceed its foreign assets, while a positive NIIP figure indicates that its foreign assets exceed its liabilities. Most nations release NIIP figures quarterly.​

See the phrase "Balance Sheet" in above?

What is ''NETWORTH" as you showed it to me on the previous comments and as if you are showing it to the people in the forum
Then as you said your claim of "ifbs" is so " international" and "financial" then what is the net worth of EU or even China?

Get those above?
Geez

another hour for the comeback, again?

Yes I have indeed shown NIIP (Net INTERNATIONAL Investment POSITION) of China, and several countries. Very FINANCIAL. See previous posts.

But "net worth" of any "nation"? NO, I have NOT shown any, care to tell us?

Yes another hour maybe, you have no life outside PDF?

Didn't you click? OK

Net International Investment Position (NIIP) Definition | Investopedia Net International Investment Position (NIIP) Definition | Investopedia

A nation’s stock of foreign assets minus its foreign liabilities. The Net International Investment Position (NIIP) can also be defined as the value of overseas assets owned by a nation minus the value of domestic assets owned by foreigners. The NIIP can therefore be regarded as a nation’s balance sheet with the rest of the world at a specific point in time. NIIP includes overseas assets and liabilities held by a nation’s government, the private sector and its citizens. A negative NIIP figure indicates that a nation’s foreign liabilities exceed its foreign assets, while a positive NIIP figure indicates that its foreign assets exceed its liabilities. Most nations release NIIP figures quarterly.​

See the phrase "Balance Sheet" in above?

Not in the context of a standard balance sheet
In a standard balance sheet, there are much many more accounts than NIIP

Get it?

Yes I have indeed shown NIIP (Net INTERNATIONAL Investment POSITION) of China, and several countries. Very FINANCIAL. See previous posts.

But "net worth" of any "nation"? NO, I have NOT shown any, care to tell us?

Yes another hour maybe, you have no life outside PDF?

If you can show a complete set of standard BALANCE SHEET then of course you can calculate the NET WORTH out of it!

Only laymen cant do this and you have been claiming "ifbs" all along!

I am crushing a troll as best as I can dont mind spending my spare time on this

Get it!

another hour in counting!

The guy included BoP into his "ifbs" which is ridiculous
And it is a laugh there in the financial realm a term as funny as "ifbs"

Even in the report issued by UK the contents refer to frequently and appropriately IIP or net IIP very cautiously

@Shotgunner51 :
if you so believe in your so called "ifbs", what is the Total Fixed Assets of China?

The guy, me, included NIIP in BoP, not BoP in NIIP.

And yes sure, it's inter-national nor intra-national, even the name NIIP says so.
And yes it's financial, or what else?
And yes it's in a balance sheet form, with assets, liabilities, and net position, check the investopedia didn't you?

"Total Fixed Assets" of China? "TFA" of China? A new term?

Not in the context of a standard balance sheet
In a standard balance sheet, there are much many more accounts than NIIP

Get it?

The NIIP can therefore be regarded as a nation’s balance sheet with the rest of the world at a specific point in time.

Get it?

If you can show a complete set of standard BALANCE SHEET then of course you can calculate the NET WORTH out of it!

Only laymen cant do this and you have been claiming "ifbs" all along!

I am crushing a troll as best as I can dont mind spending my spare time on this

Get it!
another hour in counting!

No, wrong again and again and again. Three times in a row.

In any "standard" balance sheet of any company, there is no item called NET WORTH. Show me where is NET WORTH in any "standard" balance sheet?

I don't mind keep exposing your illiteracy while doing something else, that's entertaining.

Last edited:
The guy, me, included NIIP in BoP, not BoP in NIIP.

And yes sure, it's inter-national nor intra-national, even the name NIIP says so.
And yes it's financial, or what else?
And yes it's in a balance sheet form, with assets, liabilities, and net position, check the investopedia didn't you?

"Total Fixed Assets" of China? "TFA" of China? A new term?

If you are claiming the strength of "Balance Sheet" and have it available to you of course you can easily get the NET WORTH!

GET IT?

The TRUTH is they are never BALANCE SHEET but only part and parcel of BALANCE SHEET of a particular country or region so you can never calculate the NET WORTH of the place/country unless you can have a complete set of BALANCE SHEET which contains a lot more data than you have presented above and as you claimed ridiculouly that "ifbs" has it!

Get it!!!!!!

If you are claiming the strength of "Balance Sheet" and have it available to you of course you can easily get the NET WORTH!

GET IT?

The TRUTH is they are never BALANCE SHEET but only part and parcel of BALANCE SHEET of a particular country or region so you can never calculate the NET WORTH of the place/country unless you can have a complete set of BALANCE SHEET which contains a lot more data than you have presented above and as you claimed ridiculouly that "ifbs" has it!

Get it!!!!!!

A nation’s stock of foreign assets minus its foreign liabilities. The Net International Investment Position (NIIP) can also be defined as the value of overseas assets owned by a nation minus the value of domestic assets owned by foreigners. The NIIP can therefore be regarded as a nation’s balance sheet with the rest of the world at a specific point in time. NIIP includes overseas assets and liabilities held by a nation’s government, the private sector and its citizens. A negative NIIP figure indicates that a nation’s foreign liabilities exceed its foreign assets, while a positive NIIP figure indicates that its foreign assets exceed its liabilities. Most nations release NIIP figures quarterly.

So yes, it's Investopedia! International + Financial + Balance Sheet, get it?​

NET WORTH in any corporate Balance Sheet? No such thing, or you show us? If you can't, this is your third exposed illiterate claims in a row. I will keeping exposing your illiterate claims.

Oh shoot

and you still dont get it

and the "nuance" in the description above is "regarded as" and it should NOT be construed as a complete set of Balance Sheet which you dont have it nor it is presented in all of your above links

I repeat if you believe the above "ifbs" IS a standard BALANCE SHEET, just give me the figures on the NET WORTH and TOTAL FIXED ASSETS of any nation or region

Get it !!!

Whereas within a complete set of any corporate financial statements when a BALANCE SHEET is available of course you can calculate the NET WORTH OR TOTAL FIXED ASSETS easily

That applies to government accounting and finance BUT NOWHERE in the world would a pro said a ridiculous term as "ifbs"

Get it?

Oh shoot

and you still dont get it

and the "nuance" in the description above is "regarded as" and it should NOT be construed as a complete set of Balance Sheet which you dont have it nor it is presented in all of your above links

I repeat if you believe the above "ifbs" IS a standard BALANCE SHEET, just give me the figures on the NET WORTH and TOTAL FIXED ASSETS of any nation or region

Get it !!!

Whereas in any corporate financial statement, if a BALANCE SHEET is available of course you can calculate the NET WORTH OR TOTAL FIXED ASSETS easily

That applies to government accounting and finance BUT NOWHERE in the world would a pro said a ridiculous term as "ifbs"

Get it?

Of course NIIP can be regarded as a nation’s balance sheet with the rest of the world, didn't you check Investopedia? So yes it's an accurate DESCRIPTION to say it's international + financial + balance sheet, not a TERM. Get it?

Most importantly:

Who told you there is "Net Worth" in balance sheet? There is no such an item in any balance sheet, what is "Net Worth"? Again, show the forum. What is it?

Fixed Assets is SHOWN as one of the assets in balance sheet, you don't need to CALCULATE it, get it?​

Of course NIIP can be regarded as a nation’s balance sheet with the rest of the world, didn't you check Investopedia? So yes, international + financial + balance sheet. Get it?

Most importantly:

Who told you there is "Net Worth" in balance sheet? There is no such a thing, what is "Net Worth"? Again, show the forum. What is it?

Fixed Assets is SHOWN as one of the assets in the balance sheet, you don't need to CALCULATE it, get it?​

I dont rely on one source as reference or even as a bible and I read all financial reports with a clear head unlike the laymen

You are still losing in the argument if you believe the NIIP is all that a nation talks about and as informative as a standard BS THEN you are fooling yourself and keep believing in your biblical
"ifbs" please

FIXED ASSETS usually are totalled in a standard BALANCE SHEET and in many cases NET WORTH as well

But you can re-calculate the amounts as means of verification which I usually do when I am doing my business review

Get it?

another 10 minutes gone
Geez - free lessons!

temporary sign off again

I dont rely on one source as reference or even as a bible and I read all financial reports with a clear head unlike the laymen

You are still losing in the argument if you believe the NIIP is all that a nation talks about and as informative as a standard BS THEN you are fooling yourself and keep believing in your biblical
"ifbs" please

I have quoted MULTIPLE sources that DESCRIBE the TERM in the same way, not ONE source.

Where did I say NIIP is ALL a nation talks about? I did mention financials like industrial GDP, Manufacturing Value Added, even non-financial like steel production, electricity production, you had reading problem?

So NIIP is international, no doubt right? Can be regarded as a balance sheet for its structure, and of course it's purely financial. Get it?

FIXED ASSETS usually are totalled in a standard BALANCE SHEET and in many cases NET WORTH as well

But you can re-calculate the amounts as means of verification which I usually do when I am doing my business review

Get it?

Fixed assets

For an corporation, either total or detail breakdown are SHOWN, you don't need to CALCULATE it, or RE-CALCULATE it using other items, get it?

Fixed assets are SHOWN in book value (cost model) or match-to-market value (revaluation model), what VERIFICATION are you talking about?​

"Net Worth" in Corporate Balance Sheet?

Show me ONE case of standard balance sheet where it shows "Net Worth".

Where?​

Last edited:
China surely can become No.1 in GDP terms on the world economy rank in the next decade, or it may take longer time due to USD appreciation and US economy recovery. But this is not enough, China should take her responsibility and play her role in more world affairs, such as political movement and counter terrorism battle, not just economy related things. When China become the world rule maker, we are the real No.1.

Last edited:
I am amazed that this speculative subject still drags on. Assuming the rest of the world don't go into chaos while leaving China intact, for China to be the richest and most powerful country in the world, it is going to take a very very long time, definitely not in my lifetime, and probably not in any of your lifetime.

Is this thread for fortune tellers or predictors, neither will work. It is simply depend upon the government of that time or their strategic plans at that time. "If" is a huge word in such situation. Well, hope for the best. :tup:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom