What's new

When army reputation is low, is PMA selection continuing normally?

Top creams would avoid being inducted into PMA, but there will be other officers such as Munira Mastri and Baglool types who would be able to work for Nawaz Ghanada in the future who would be inducted shortly.

When army reputation is low, is PMA selection continuing normally? Has there been a fall in number of applications to PMA? Is Pakistani youth still interested in joining PMA? And how do families and others in the society look at candidates applying for PMA?

Pakistan army has promised a reduction in size regardless.

Due to high unemployment, people just want job. It's more about money than jazba!
May be, may be not.

Top creams would avoid being inducted into PMA, but there will be other officers such as Munira Mastri and Baglool types who would be able to work for Nawaz Ghanada in the future who would be inducted shortly.
This means "top cream" is incompetent. BTW what is wrong with being a mastri?

Bhai I just spent 7 years in Pakistan...no way can u earn halal in Pakistan
It's should be renamed ...paleetistaan

Halal Income o_O ..... what is that & what it has to do in Pakistan ....

We Pakistani don't believe in such .... we just camouflaged ourselves with having beards/topis/hijabs etc etc .... but our deeds are reciprocal, don't have to go in details ... we all know the reality.

Yet more khaki creatures are flushed to hell than indian army casualties.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...ChAWegQIBhAB&usg=AOvVaw0IBdFHrt7hDgMOVYB-cyPg
Apples and oranges comparison. Its like comparing US casualties in Iraq and Afghanistan to Russian casualties in the same timeframe.

India has one policing issue in IoK and we have insurgencies in two provinces. We have a far greater exposure to terrorist attacks than India. The more troops out in the field, the greater the threat of attacks and taking damage.

The ones opting for the Army don't opt out because of what is happening at the political level. Despite wishful thinking by some, the number of candidates for selection across the 3 services has never gone down. Unless someone was really unhinged, most apply because they want to pursue a profession of soldiering.

Otherwise on countless occasions, whether it was Ayub's time, or post 1971, or Zia's time or that of Musharraf's when Army's reputation was taking a nose-dive, recruitment has never suffered.

Most who go for this profession are not thinking about Siyasat. That is the preserve of some at the very top from time to time. The professional rank and file carries on with its duties despite the public sentiment or lack thereof. The patriotic boys and girls opting for a path of commission have nothing but the next few years of career progression to think about right now.

Pakistan's politics are beyond any one person's ability to fix and this country needs defending regardless of what goes on the political side. As such, these boys and girls deserve respect for putting the country above self and pursuing this profession even when countless YOs and OR's are making the ultimate sacrifice for this country routinely.

Last edited:
Apples and oranges comparison. Its like comparing US casualties in Iraq and Afghanistan to Russian casualties in the same timeframe.

India has one policing issue in IoK and we have insurgencies in two provinces. We have a far greater exposure to terrorist attacks than India. The more troops out in the field, the greater the threat of attacks and taking damage.

The ones opting for the Army don't opt out because of what is happening at the political level. Despite wishful thinking by some, the number of candidates for selection across the 3 services has never gone down. Unless someone was really unhinged, most apply because they want to pursue a profession of soldiering.

Otherwise on countless occasions, whether it was Ayub's time, or post 1971, or Zia's time or that of Musharraf's when Army's reputation was taking a nose-dive, recruitment has never suffered.

Most who go for this profession are not thinking about Siyasat. That is the preserve for some at the very top from time to time. The professional rank and file carries on with its duties despite the public sentiment or lack thereof.

Agree with you on most parts. The 18 year old doesn't really care about politics. At that stage, it's just your love for your country, or love for the profession, or love for some technical aspect. For me, it was because I loved helicopters and aviation. Mulk, qurbani, fauj etc. came later :P For others it might be tanks, for some it might be something else.

Also it needs to be taken into account that for better or for worse, the army, just like CSS, presents itself as perhaps the only means in Pakistan through which you can climb the social ladder. So for a kid from let's say Chiniot or Dera Bugti or Kalat, the army is perhaps his best opportunity in making a good life for himself and his family. So why would they shy away from recruitment?

Also, I was told this a while ago, that the recruitment demographics of the army have greatly changed as compared to say 2/3 decades ago. The kind of kid that is now giving ISSB is now much more diverse than before and comes from all sorts of backgrounds.

So to answer the OP question, the recruitment numbers probably haven't taken a hit. But the type of recruitment has certainly changed, but not due to the recent fiascos.

Please post things that further the thread instead of misplaced emotional write-ups. None of what you wrote has anything to do with 17 and 18 years old boys and girls wanting to join up.

Agree with you on most parts. The 18 year old doesn't really care about politics. At that stage, it's just your love for your country, or love for the profession, or love for some technical aspect. For me, it was because I loved helicopters and aviation. Mulk, qurbani, fauj etc. came later :P For others it might be tanks, for some it might be something else.

Also it needs to be taken into account that for better or for worse, the army, just like CSS, presents itself as perhaps the only means in Pakistan through which you can climb the social ladder. So for a kid from let's say Chiniot or Dera Bugti or Kalat, the army is perhaps his best opportunity in making a good life for himself and his family. So why would they shy away from recruitment?

Also, I was told this a while ago, that the recruitment demographics of the army have greatly changed as compared to say 2/3 decades ago. The kind of kid that is now giving ISSB is now much more diverse than before and comes from all sorts of backgrounds.

So to answer the OP question, the recruitment numbers probably haven't taken a hit. But the type of recruitment has certainly changed, but not due to the recent fiascos.

Lol its not 2000s where 18 Yr old watches ispr or state tv crap. They live in the world of social media. Ever wondered why whoever is able is getting out of this khakistan. Specially the skilled middle class people. The quality of khaki creatures is a good indicator of what sort of raw material is getting in. The performance of the rest of state is another good indicator of what sort of people are getting those jobs.

Lol its not 2000s where 18 Yr old watches ispr or state tv crap. They live in the world of social media. Ever wondered why whoever is able is getting out of this khakistan. Specially the skilled middle class people. The quality of khaki creatures is a good indicator of what sort of raw material is getting in. The performance of the rest of state is another good indicator of what sort of people are getting those jobs.

Read my post again, especially the part about social mobility and demographics.

Then look at your post again, you even mentioned skilled middle class people. People from Dera Bugti or Sanghar or wherever (no offence intended to anyone from those areas) are not skilled middle class for the most part.

Go to cadet college Petaro, Gwadar, Oramara, Turbat etc., and let me know what sort of backgrounds you find there.

Please post things that further the thread instead of misplaced emotional write-ups. None of what you wrote has anything to do with 17 and 18 years old boys and girls wanting to join up.

Seriously u know how many unemployed youth is in the country? But ya u fanbois will give weight to those 650 odd creatures as compared to 4.5 million people who don't see any future of themselves in the country.

Seriously u know how many unemployed youth is in the country? But ya u fanbois will give weight to those 650 odd creatures as compared to 4.5 million people who don't see any future of themselves in the country.

Read my post again, especially the part about social mobility and demographics.

Then look at your post again, you even mentioned skilled middle class people. People from Dera Bugti or Sanghar or wherever (no offence intended to anyone from those areas) are not skilled middle class for the most part.

Go to cadet college Petaro, Gwadar, Oramara, Turbat etc., and let me know what sort of backgrounds you find there.

That's why I stated the performance of the state affairs is clear indication of why it is where it is and where it is heading.

Back
Top Bottom